PDA

View Full Version : Who has highest ability scores?

Harperfan7
2009-02-21, 05:34 AM
What real life person do you think has the highest overall ability scores?

Who has the highest of each score?

What are their scores?

What do you guys think?

(EDIT) Other than Chuck Norris.

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-02-21, 05:35 AM
Chuck Norris x 4.

Celeres
2009-02-21, 06:17 AM
strength: Mariusz Pudzianowski 20 strenght

dex: Georgi Tashev 22

con: Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin 35

Int: Kim Ung-yong 21

Wis: socrates 26

Cha: Hitler 24

Weiser_Cain
2009-02-21, 06:20 AM
Hitler? WTF?

Celeres
2009-02-21, 06:22 AM
hitler was a very charismatic person. he convinced Germany to follow his ideals. his ideals were just of a very evil persuasion is all.

PrGo
2009-02-21, 06:38 AM
Cha: Hitler 24

Agreed. He was a perfect man to rout the country under the same flag/goal. I might say that 24 is even low for him :smalltongue:

Harperfan7
2009-02-21, 07:01 AM
Who is Georgi Tashev?

Neithan
2009-02-21, 07:16 AM
Highest overall?

I guess Teddy Roosevelt and Alexander of Macedon are both good candidates.

Yarram
2009-02-21, 07:22 AM
What about Buddha? Or Jesus? Or are they banned like Chuck Norris?

Dogmantra
2009-02-21, 07:34 AM
What about Buddha? Or Jesus? Or are they banned like Chuck Norris?

I suppose all three are banned for supernatural powers, or suchlike. Jesus would probably win most things, and then someone would dispute it, and it would become a religious discussion and therefore be locked, so gut instinct says yes.

This is quite interesting actually... I can't really contribute, other than say I reckon INT would probably go to Einstein, Hero, Stephen Hawking, or someone similar.

Neithan
2009-02-21, 07:55 AM
Buddha and Jesus have awful strength scores, so they won't win the crown of highest overall stats. :smallbiggrin:

TSED
2009-02-21, 09:03 AM
Buddha and Jesus have awful strength scores, so they won't win the crown of highest overall stats. :smallbiggrin:

Wasn't Buddha a warrior priest thing that singlehandedly slew demons?

mindblank19
2009-02-21, 09:15 AM
Not sure if Hitler would win Cha, there's competition from Barack Obama:smallbiggrin:

aje8
2009-02-21, 09:20 AM
For int I'd say Einstien or Newton.

However, IMO no human being in real life can go above 18-20 that's the limit of human potential, going above it would require geneteic modification or DnD supernatural skills.

BobVosh
2009-02-21, 09:20 AM
I would suggest Arnold Schwarzenegger for cha.

Which is funny to me at the same time.

hamishspence
2009-02-21, 09:29 AM
while levels are a bit of an abstraction- one could make the case that some people are "high level"- so, levelling bonus to their best stat-they have honed it to near-perfection Add in aging bonus and a high starting stat, and a really old, brilliantly charismatic leader type who has done it all his (or possibly her) life, could have 18, +4 levelling, + 3 aging, for a total of 25 Charisma.

Or Int, or Wis. 25 is a pretty fair upper limit- beyond this, person is reaching epic.

Pie Guy
2009-02-21, 09:34 AM
Razputin. Yes

J-H
2009-02-21, 10:14 AM
Jesus was a carpenter until he started his ministry... so STR/DEX probably weren't dump stats.

For STR/DEX/CON I'd look at some of the UFC fighters... grappling isn't just strength, it's also position and endurance.

INT, living, Stephen Hawking?

CHA+INT to exploit it (not necessarily for policy selection), Barack Obama & Bill Clinton... both able to woo crowds and ladies, and shrug off scandals that'd bring most politicians down in an instant because they are so likeable.

WIS... sorry, not the current Pope.

Dixieboy
2009-02-21, 10:46 AM
CHA+INT to exploit it (not necessarily for policy selection), Barack Obama & Bill Clinton... both able to woo crowds and ladies, and shrug off scandals that'd bring most politicians down in an instant because they are so likeable.
Bull****, Obama has yet to face anything major :smallmad: And i personally is of the opinion that you have to have an INT stat of below 12 to get a high ranking government Position

WIS... sorry, not the current Pope.
Wis has sadly nothing to do with actual wisdom so we need something with supah senses, or a really good doctor :smallconfused:

Wis: socrates 26 Have you even read the "Conversations" (Or whatever you call them in english) of Socrates, the guy hardly had any mental stat above 20
Besides Wis is not actual wisdom, as far as we know socrates was no doctor and could for all we be blind

Cha: Hitler 24 I think he only had like 16, but so many circumstantial modifiers it stopped making sense, 'course that is only my personal opinion

Personally i believe in the 18 = As good as a human gets... thing

Razputin. Rasputin would indeed have high stats
Definitely a good con score :smallbiggrin:
High wis naturally
He needed a pretty damn good INT and CHA too
Dex and str are unknown though

Heliomance
2009-02-21, 11:00 AM
CHA: Casanova

TengYt
2009-02-21, 11:05 AM
Bruce Lee for Dex, maybe.

xPANCAKEx
2009-02-21, 11:50 AM
However, IMO no human being in real life can go above 18-20 that's the limit of human potential, going above it would require geneteic modification or DnD supernatural skills.

hitlers tashe was a +6 cha item?

Harperfan7
2009-02-21, 12:18 PM
I was waiting for somebody to say Bruce Lee for Dex. I agree.

18 is definetly not the max score in real life. I would say 25 or so.

The standard way of calculating INT is 1 point per 10 IQ. Some people have IQs in the 200's, so at least 20 there.

Hulk Hogan had at least a 22, and I bet there are people who are stronger than him. He could lift Andre the Giant over his head (not just off the ground), and Andre weighed like 500lbs, and that's much harder than just lifting a 500lb bar.

I think Da'Vinci was the smartest, he could do things with his brain that everybody else just couldn't do, I think his intelligence went beyond mere IQ.

Einstein's IQ actually wasn't all that high compared to some people (169). I love Einstein, don't think I'm putting him down.

I'm personally going to give WIS to the founding fathers. George Washington in particular. His last address was eerily prophetic, though that's not all I'm basing it on. (I don't know enough about Socrates to give it to him)

Con could go to a bunch of different people, unless all that stuff about Rasputin was true and accurate. Cha is also pretty intangible, I agree about Hitler, though I also nominate Alexander the Great.

Best overall? I can't come up with a good answer for this. Does anybody know of anyone who excelled at pretty much everything? (Good fiction examples are Batman, Conan, and James Bond) Are there any real life people who could compare to them?

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-02-21, 12:22 PM
For aggregate mentals, I have to nominate Ben Franklin. Incredible inventor, writer, and popular with the ladies.

Zeta Kai
2009-02-21, 12:33 PM
Say what you will about Barack, his force of personality cannot compare (so far) to Adolf. Hitler's accomplishments, evil as they were, were nothing short of miraculous, & done almost entirely through sheer force of will. He created a cult of personality that galvanized a broken nation, & turned an impoverished populous into a global threat. We'll see how Obama fares, but his deeds will probably be incomparable to Der Fuhrer's.

And yes, Ben Franklin's INT/WIS/CHA was probably really high; maybe near 60.

KIDS
2009-02-21, 12:48 PM
Wasn't Buddha a warrior priest thing that singlehandedly slew demons?

He probably added Wisdom to his melee attack and damage then :D

A small contribution of mine:

Strength: eh, not sure. Probably some olypmic weightlifter but I don't know any by name. Or Chuck Norris
Dex: again thinking olympic gymnasts, but can't remember any particular name. Or Bruce Lee.
Con: maybe freediving champions. If we go by holding breath and resisting pressure damage, they'd probably have scores of over nine thousand 30...
Intelligence: Leonardo Da Vinci (25)
Wis: Jesus Christ (30). Was tempted to list Sun Tzu as well.
Cha: Jesus Christ (26) again. Not sure that Hitler's "achievments" classify him for that high CHA - by that logic, pharaohs would be just as charismatic... or Kim Jong Il would be prettier than a nypmh.

Also, while he doesn't have any particular highest score, I'm sure Jack LaLanne (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Lalanne) has a balanced array of high scores.

Adamas
2009-02-21, 01:01 PM
I don't think Hitler had Charisma as high as many people suggested. Normal people wouldn't be as likely to listen to him, but he benefitedstrongly from the circumstances of that time. After all they'd beengoing through the german people would have followed everyone who promised a better time, Hitler happened to be the first/loudest choice.

JaxGaret
2009-02-21, 01:04 PM
Best overall? I can't come up with a good answer for this. Does anybody know of anyone who excelled at pretty much everything? (Good fiction examples are Batman, Conan, and James Bond) Are there any real life people who could compare to them?

It might actually be Bruce Lee. He was also quite intelligent, wise, and charismatic. At least a 12 in each of the mentals, could easily be 14+, particularly Cha.

And his Str Dex and Con are ridiculous of course. All close to 20, if not a little higher.

Spiryt
2009-02-21, 01:22 PM
It might actually be Bruce Lee. He was also quite intelligent, wise, and charismatic. At least a 12 in each of the mentals, could easily be 14+, particularly Cha.

And his Str Dex and Con are ridiculous of course. All close to 20, if not a little higher.

Are you serious? (I can't be sure trough internet)

strength: Mariusz Pudzianowski 20 strenght

Well, he is one candidate, but there's Žydrūnas Savickas, who is much heavier than him nad is champion of Arnold Strongman Classic. And ASC are considered to be even more about sheer strenght than Strongman competitions. There is Bob Sapp who is huge, and is a fighter, so he certainly punches like hell, even though certainly is without chances in powerlifting competitions - not that kind of training.
So even strenght isn't rather impossible to translate.

Harperfan7
2009-02-21, 01:56 PM
I considered Bruce Lee, but as you said, I doubt his mental stats would be all that high. I imagine there is probably somebody out there with straight 18's, but I honestly can't think of any.

Deepblue706
2009-02-21, 02:37 PM
I can't really touch the physical stats, since I don't really keep up with "Strongest Man" competetitions, and the like.

As far as INT goes, I think Goethe is believed to have had the highest IQ in recorded history. But I'm not going to start talking about any direct correlation between INT and IQ, because there are numbers of ways to look at it. Considering his vast number of achievements, however, I'd guess it's beyond 20.

For WIS, I'd have to go with the Buddha. Again, 20+.

Now, CHA is a little harder, I think. I'm tempted to say Hitler, but I keep thinking there may have been others. But, to be honest, none really come to mind.

In trying to determine who has the best "all-around" attributes (say, in their prime), I'd have to say one of the following:

Vladimir Putin
George S. Patton
Julius Caesar
Augustus Caesar
Socrates
Alexander the Great

Llama231
2009-02-21, 02:54 PM
Rasputin.

What is so notable about this person?

Spiryt
2009-02-21, 03:00 PM

They say he had half arshin of junk. :smallwink:

AB
2009-02-21, 03:05 PM
Hitler wasn`t that charismatic. In fact, his speeches were not spontaneous, they were sort oft crafted, and besides those speeches, he wasn´t a very friendly or charming person at all. He more likely hat some decent INT, for being able to win the game of german politics from 1923 to 1933.

Since CHA actually governs skills like Perform, i`d vote for some first class musicians, like Mozart or Bach.

STR should be quite easy to figure out; the current holder of the world record in weightlifting should be the strongest man of the world.

DEX? Well, I don`t know, probably some martial artist?

CON? Probably, as previously suggested, some deep-diving-pro.

INT? Well, the Person with the highest IQ ever measured, probably. Whoever that might be.

WIS is really difficult, since it is such an strange attribute. It is a mixture of perception and the ability to judge well, which I probably would split for real-world affairs. Plus, I have no idea who could qualify for Top Level here ;)

--
Best all-over Stats probably includes guys like Caius Iulius Caesar (STR 12, DEX 12, CON 14, INT 18, WIS 16, CHA 18), Hannibal Barkas (around the same, maybe more INT), Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (probably less good in the physical scores, but his INT and CHA must have been above 20, so he probably hat some really high Point-Buy ^^) or, to name someone who had some excellent physical stats, Miyamoto Musashi (being the best japanese swordfighter who ever lived, two-sword fighting style by the way, he must have had some STR 16, DEX 20, CON 14; as he was a skilled artist and author of some brilliant tactical studies, too (including the 5 Rings), his INT and WIS probably were around 14-16, too). - But this is of course very speculative.

Teron
2009-02-21, 03:11 PM
He was a Russian mystic who, according to dubious accounts, was poisoned, shot, stabbed, beaten and maybe more and then thrown into a river, only to be examined later and found to have died of drowning.

Weezer
2009-02-21, 03:12 PM
I'm seconding Alexander the Great. He was an exceptional soldier which means he has good STR/DEX/CON and he was an exceptional general which implies good INT/WIS. He was able to hold together a massive empire composed of many different cultures with no major rebellions which indicates good CHA. Overall I think he has the best stats.

Ent
2009-02-21, 03:22 PM
No mentions of Cleopatra or Helen for Charisma?

chiasaur11
2009-02-21, 03:57 PM
I figure for Wis (as it applies to perception checks) Simo Hayha would be pretty good. Man no-scoped his way to the best sniping record in any major war.

Roosevelt was probably pretty good all around. Decent Cha, and excellent con and Str, I mean, getting shot didn't even stop him from finishing a speech.

Draz74
2009-02-21, 04:11 PM
Let's assume stats are generated by a simple 3d6 roll. Let's also ignore, for simplicity, any ways that people's scores could be boosted (age, leveling, or magic mustaches).

That means, for any given ability score, 4.63% of people will have at least a 16 in that score.

Which means about one out of every hundred million people has all scores 16+.

That's right. Assuming a world population of 6 billion, there should be 59 people alive today who each have a 16, 17, or 18 in every score.

Puts a bit of perspective on some people's comments that the all-time record holding figure would be a person who still had some 12's or 14's lying around.

Egiam
2009-02-21, 04:38 PM
Nope, not wisdom for Socrates. Intelligence.

Seriously, learn about the story of Siddharta (sid-DARH-tuh) before making decisions on The Buddha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautama_Buddha).

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-02-21, 05:13 PM
Str: Mariusz Pudzianowski (obvious choice)
Dex: Larisa Latynina (debatable, I suppose)
Con: Paula Newby-Fraser (again, debatable)
Int: Stephen Hawking (hard to top)
Wis: Anton Szandor LaVey (a subjective view)
Cha: Brad Pitt (I'm biased :smalltongue:)

Mikeavelli
2009-02-21, 05:29 PM
I think Aron Ralston (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aron_Ralston) should get an honorable mention here.

He's an honor student in Mechanical Engineering (crazy high int there) - Currently a motivational speaker (cha!), mountain climber (pretty good for all physical stats) - and, when he got trapped up on top of a mountain with his arm underneath a boulder, he cut his arm off with a dull pocketknife! The rest of the story gets kind of hazy, but was uncovered by maddox (http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=real_men) as thus:

" After he cut off his arm, he jumped off the cliff and broke his fall with his face, just because he's that tough. Then he got ambushed by a tribe of angry Indians, caught an arrow in his heart, pulled it out and killed all the warriors with it. On his way back a buffalo crossed his path so what did Ralston do? He head-butt it to death, then he found its offspring and broke their ribs just for pissing him off. Then he chopped down a tree with his undoubtedly large penis, built a raft out of it and rafted down the green river. That's the damn truth--more or less. Aron Ralston is a real man and one tough son of a bitch. He deserves utmost respect for being such a badass. "

Surely he counts among the manliest men living today.

Roland St. Jude
2009-02-21, 06:56 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Please refrain from religious and political conversations on this board.