PDA

View Full Version : silly character idea - Murry the Skull

elliott20
2009-02-21, 12:19 PM
I remember a long time back in one of my old campaigns (this was like, 6 years ago) one of the players came across an intelligent skeleton, but somehow it only had it's skull left. The player decided to take the skull with him because it amused him. (And it reminded him of Murry from Monkey Island 3) Soon, whenever Murry came out, his personality started channeling his Monkey Island counterpart. (Although he was really based on Bonehead from quest for glory)

Anyway, they always tried to find something useful for him to do, be it an alarm guy so they can rest, or what have you. Just the other day, I somehow thought about that and thought to myself, "self, they should have taught him to become a wizard and taught him the feat still spell." It actually gave me a good enough tickle that I thought I'd see what the minds of the playground can come up with.

what would YOU have done with Murry?

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-02-21, 12:26 PM
Enchant him with returning and give him Scout levels. Throw a screaming skull in combat. Totally worth giving him a share of XP.

BRC
2009-02-21, 12:37 PM
If he can talk, he can sing. Give him Bard levels, and strap him to somebodies back.

Flickerdart
2009-02-21, 01:03 PM
I immediately thought of Morte from Planescape Torment. Litany of Curses - best skill ever.

Shalizar
2009-02-21, 03:51 PM
Hmmm, that is difficult, but dont forget the skull needs material components as well as just vocal and movement. I would suggest that you use the skull like a storage for the material components (like a bag of holding) and he spits them out when he casts. Also if he can make eating noises as he puts them in the bag through his mouth, that would be amusing.

Alleine
2009-02-21, 04:16 PM
Make him a bard and boost his bluff to ridiculous heights. Then have him convince everyone he's a demilich :smalltongue:

arguskos
2009-02-21, 04:26 PM
Get him a pair of arms of the naga from Savage Species, give him some Wizard levels and go to town. Strap him to someone's back, and it's all good. :smallcool:

Arros Winhadren
2009-02-22, 12:59 AM
This is win.

Anyways, what I would do is make him a Barbarian (the one with Pounce, though I've never played one of those), then go with the Sandstorm feat Blazing Berserker. Find a way to give him flying or something, and you now have a flying flaming skull who goes into rages.

BobVosh
2009-02-22, 01:49 AM
replicate tell-tale heart but with Murry

Permancy fly, but tie a string throw his eyesockets. Skull on a rope, flying around? Big bonus to intimidate :D

Hmm. Make him into the flyingskull from doom would be neat.

Ravens_cry
2009-02-22, 01:57 AM
This is win.

Anyways, what I would do is make him a Barbarian (the one with Pounce, though I've never played one of those), then go with the Sandstorm feat Blazing Berserker. Find a way to give him flying or something, and you now have a flying flaming skull who goes into rages.
Nah, he'd just use it for evil.

ocato
2009-02-22, 02:42 AM
If he can talk, he can sing. Give him Bard levels, and strap him to somebodies back.

He could be the party's face.

hahahahahahahahaha

*lolerskates over to his roflcopter and flies away, laughing maniacally"

Isolder74
2009-02-22, 03:04 AM
What would I do with Murray?

Lets see....hang him on a post whenever we go into a swamp to stand watch.

Use him to scare intruders using his super shadow puppets powers.

Juggle him with three friends.

Have lots of fun playing Hamlet

take an anchor instead.

Assassin89
2009-02-22, 10:02 AM
Tie a rope to him and have him look down a pit.

Kyouhen
2009-02-22, 12:49 PM
Make him a bard and boost his bluff to ridiculous heights. Then have him convince everyone he's a demilich :smalltongue:

This. With a +5 circumstance bonus to Bluff if you cast Mage Hand on him to add to the effect. :smallbiggrin: