PDA

View Full Version : Something Positive

bookeater
2009-02-21, 08:41 PM
Not sure what the precise rules are for starting threads,apart from making sure there isn't one about your subject already.

I've been a fan of S*P and Randy Milholland's other work for afew years now. What amazes me is the way in which Randy has developed his characters over the years. Most of the characters have gone from being avatars of people Randy knew to personalities in their own right.

What I really like about it is the way Randy has balanced the ratio of gag-a-day strips to storyline strips. Even in the storyline ones there are jokes and outcomes that his audience never see coming.

That to me is a sign that his skills as a creator are still as sharp as a razor and may even be getting sharper.

bobspldbckwrds
2009-02-24, 07:36 PM
the sad part is that according to the faq (IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY) he was planning on ending it this year. but somehow i dont see it happening.

bookeater
2009-03-06, 07:54 AM
I can't really remember if I'm not suppose to bump my own thread or not, anyway.

I'm liking the 'Life According to S*P' strips Randy's doing at the moment.

He's right about not messing with those who preapare your food. I've had mates tell me stories of the things they've done to people's food and I remember the things I did to customers booze when I worked at a bottleo.

(For those who don't know what that is,ask an Australian)

I really can't understand the way that some people act in fast food stores. They think that just because they are a customer, they deserve to be treated like royalty.

The others are pretty good too, I've never seen a Garfield that looked anywhere near as cool as todays(6/3/09).