PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 Dead

Ranis
2009-02-22, 08:21 AM
Hello all, welcome to the thread to discuss the awesomeness that is L4- AHH SMOKER AHH HELP SMOKER! -eh, ehm. Welcome to the discussion forum for L4D.

Anyone who hasn't played this is missing out on some serious, serious fun.

Anyway, I'm looking for three strapping young survivors to team up with to beat all of the campaigns on Expert on the 360; I know the finale tricks for all of the maps but Blood Harvest. My gamertag is RanisTheSlayer.

warman40k
2009-02-22, 08:39 AM
Sorry, I have the PC version. But your right, the game is a ton of fun.

A Rainy Knight
2009-02-22, 08:39 AM
Sure, I'll give you a hand sometime. I'm TheGreenKnight9.

Here's my (so far) foolproof trick for Blood Harvest: There's a little kid's bedroom on the top floor with one door and one window. One person watches the window with the auto shotgun, far enough away to dodge the Smokers, and the other three generally kill everything that will be pushing through the door. When the APC shows up, everyone runs like hell into the hall and jumps out a window to a slightly raised porch roof, and from there onto the ground and to the APC. The main two flaws, as I see it:
-Window guy gets pulled out by a smoker.
-Tank comes through the window. This happens at least two or three times.

Jibar
2009-02-22, 08:40 AM
Have you tried the barn in Blood Harvest?
There are only two entry points on top, and there's always an ammo dump. Plus the rescue vehicle pulls up right next to it. I once dropped off the roof straight inside.
Also, if my console hadn't red ringed, I'd take you up on that Expert run.

Mc. Lovin'
2009-02-22, 08:42 AM
Hello all, welcome to the thread to discuss the awesomeness that is L4- AHH SMOKER AHH HELP SMOKER! -eh, ehm. Welcome to the discussion forum for L4D.

Anyone who hasn't played this is missing out on some serious, serious fun.

Anyway, I'm looking for three strapping young survivors to team up with to beat all of the campaigns on Expert on the 360; I know the finale tricks for all of the maps but Blood Harvest. My gamertag is RanisTheSlayer.

Hey cool, a fellow 360 L4Der

my gamertag's B1G B1RD B4G3L, i'm usually on from 7pm - 1am GMT

In BH there's a very nice room to defend in the main house, two windows and 1 door to defend, which means 3 people on the entrances, and 1 person on special infected defence. I use it on Pc all the time

Mr._Blinky
2009-02-22, 01:53 PM
Question: I'm thinking about getting this game for 360, and I was just wondering if you could play the Multiplayer with multiple people on the same box, or whether it was Live only?

Jimp
2009-02-22, 01:59 PM
Question: I'm thinking about getting this game for 360, and I was just wondering if you could play the Multiplayer with multiple people on the same box, or whether it was Live only?

I don't own the 360 version but as far as I know there is split screen 2 player.

TheOtherMC
2009-02-22, 02:07 PM
2 player split screen co-op or versus. System link pops that number up to 4

Mc. Lovin'
2009-02-22, 02:33 PM
I've added both of you who posted gamertags in this thread, maybe play some L4D tonight :smallwink:

onasuma
2009-02-22, 02:52 PM
Psst. Valve thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97854.... OMG BOOMER! *is swarmed by zombies* *dies*

Mic: Well, this sucks...

Mc. Lovin'
2009-02-22, 04:00 PM
Yeah but O, this is more for 360 players? That thread's very PC oriented. Anyways, we only need 1 more for a team of 4 experters

Mc. Lovin'
2009-02-24, 12:19 PM
Sorry for the *bump* but i'd love to get these expert campaigns done with someone :smallwink:

Stormthorn
2009-03-10, 12:35 AM
Man i wish i could play expert. Every time i solo No Mercy on expert i die not too far into the second or third bit. On the other hand, i cant play expert online because i found out (via Halo 3 and TF:2) that as the skill of the players increases, so does their elitism and jerkiness. I aint about to get kicked by some guy who thinks he's better than me because i died first or something.

Mc. Lovin'
2009-03-10, 04:58 AM
Well that's why you play with a group of people you arange to do so with over the internet :smallwink:

Hzurr
2009-03-10, 01:23 PM
So I purchased L4D a few weeks ago when it was on sale for half-price on steam, and I finally got around to playing it last week.

It was awesome.

However, while I liked the single player, I've heard that the real fun is playing online, so I joined an online game.

Halfway through, I got kicked.

Huh...that was odd. Oh well, I guess those people really want to win, and I'm not good enough yet... I'll join another game. Halfway through the level, there was a point that everyone on my team ran to get into a corner. By the time I figured out where they all went, I had been mobbed by zombies, and I got kicked again.

Now, I didn't shoot my teammates, I didn't run around like an idiot screaming. I simply didn't have the levels memorized or know what I can only assume are "common tactics that everyone knows."

It bothers me that I'm going to have to go and practice a game in order to play it online.

That being said, until I got kicked, I was having a lot of fun. =)

Ranis
2009-03-10, 03:33 PM
When everyone gets into a corner and melees, it's to keep the zombies from nom noming on you. There's a few places where that is a mainstay, but other than that sometimes people are just jackasses. Are you playing with a mic?

Oregano
2009-03-10, 04:47 PM
Tis a fun game but there's too many n00bs on it.:smalltongue:

Well actually I don't mind new, unexperienced people playing it but when everyone's saying "Get in the saferoom" it's pretty obvious what you should do.

Although there is a lot of people who just can't play it properly, I mean I'm no hardcore FPS player and I wouldn't stand a chance on expert but me and my bro were on it before with these two other people and they were constantly running off, getting hurt and then we were bailing them out, they wouldn't have been able to do it without us. May be it's the lack of auto-aim(I'm on the 360 by the way).

Now we have to decide if it's worth getting a gold account for Xbox live after this trial, my bro's seriously considering it(and if he has one I won't need one:smallwink:).

Cúchulainn
2009-03-10, 06:39 PM
How long does it take to port the other maps to versus?? I've waited so damn long, I can't take another round of hospital interior, I WON'T! ARGH!! RAAAARGH!!! :smallfurious:

Cúchulainn is becoming tank...