PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an Artist

JellyPooga
2009-02-22, 10:15 AM
I'm looking for an artist to draw a portrait of a character that I'm playing in a d&d game for me. I'd like a full shot (head to foot) as well as a smaller 'icon' that I can use on RPoL (http://www.rpol.net/)(just a head and shoulders shot should do). The 'icon' has to follow the following rules:

a) 100x100 pixels (or greater), preferably jpeg
b) No names on the image unless it's the artist's mark
c) Must have permission to use
d) It must be a clear image

The 'full' can be whatever size, type whatever. I'm not fussy about the medium (pencil, paint, computer generated, whatever), but I'm looking for a 'realisitc' style (not cartoon or anime) and preferably in colour (but I'd be happy with a good b&w). Anyway, here's the characters' description (btw, for reference he's technically a Tiefling, but he was originally going to be a Tuladhara and as such, his appearance is based on that of a Tuladhara more than a Tiefer...oh and his Character Class is Monk):

Dressed in loose flowing robes the colour of summer grass and trimmed in golden yellow, Vaeran makes no attempt to hide his brassy coloured skin which obviously marks him as touched by the planes. His large eyes have no pupil and are a deep opalescant brown. The small ridges that adorn his forehead are somewhat disguised by the arcane black tattoos that adorn his face, neck and shoulders. His hair is long and chestnut brown, kept in a tight braid that snakes down his back, tied at the end with a green ribbon bordered with black runic script. His figure is lithe, but well muscled; an athletes build and his stance is one of great confidance. He carries a long staff, clearly a weapon and well used, of wood so dark it's almost ebon. Tied at one end, about a foot from the tip, is a blood red ribbon.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Cheers,

JP

Berserk Monk
2009-03-01, 02:51 PM
I can help, although, I'm kind of busy right now at ART SCHOOL, not to mention I already promised someone I'd do something like this awhile back and haven't finished their character yet, so I might not have it done until like the 10th-15th of March (worst case scenario).

JellyPooga
2009-03-02, 05:45 AM
I can help, although, I'm kind of busy right now at ART SCHOOL, not to mention I already promised someone I'd do something like this awhile back and haven't finished their character yet, so I might not have it done until like the 10th-15th of March (worst case scenario).

Not a problem mate, take as much time as you need, I'm not in any rush :smallwink: To be honest, I'd almost given up on getting a response at all! I'm looking forward to seeing the results :smallbiggrin:

P.S. muchos thanks, in advance *doffs hat and bows* :smallsmile: