PDA

View Full Version : The Society of the Searching

GolemsVoice
2006-09-15, 01:26 PM
Everyone knows, that in Ferun not even gods are absolute. Gods can change, they can appear and they can be killed. Mortals can optain godhood, and they can take domains and worshippers of their victim.
But those events are rare and so unbelievabel difficult to become true that only few consider them.
But the Society of the Searchers believe that a long time ago, the world was totally different, and so were the gods. After an event of unknow measures, the gods of old died and the deities as we know them today appeared. But what, if such a thing could happen again?
The Society beliefs that the world is once again at the brink of such an overthrow. The Society spend all its ressources on the research of the times they believe will come, and some follower travels the world in search of future gods and signs of thir coming, while others read ancient tomes and seek knowlegde from the planes. All this to be prepared when the old gods will fall and new deities will be dominating.

This is an idea that came to my mind, I'm currently thinking of a Prestige Class, experienced in every way of divine powers, send out by the Society to find any clues of new gods, or mortals, good or evil, powerful enough to optain domains of their own.
If you have something in mind, feel free to post it here, as I am neither very adept in making monsters or even classes nor in proper Englöish to write my ideas down.