PDA

View Full Version : My SRD Gestalt Build [In Progress]

Crow
2009-02-22, 04:03 PM
So I was working on putting together an SRD-only Gish for the hell of it and decided to give Gestalt a try. I am new to this, so this is what I have so far, and I would appreciate if anybody could give me some ides on where to take this.

On the one side, I have levels 1-3 as Rogue, and 4-20 as Ranger. On the other, I have 1-5 as Wizard, 6-15 as Arcane Trickster, and 16-20 as Archmage.

This will give me a good amount of precision damage, with impromptu sneak attack when needed, and all of the goodies that a normal wizard and archmage would get as well. I have enough Ranger to pick up hide in plain sight near the end.

With Archery combat style, when on the move, I can use quickened True Strike manyshot volleys, and when I'm not, a Hasted Rapid Shot can potentially land +35d6 sneak attack damage.

I may be able to do better with Two-Weapon combat style but I'm not sure. I am going human, so she will have have 6 feats to work with and no idea where to go with them.

monty
2009-02-22, 04:13 PM
Dual-progression classes aren't allowed in gestalt. You won't be able to use AT.

MeklorIlavator
2009-02-22, 04:16 PM
The big problem I can see is that you're using a dual progression PrC(arcane trickster), which are generally frowned upon in Gestalt.

Otherwise, you might try Greater Many Shot so that all of your arrows qualify for precision Damage.

Crow
2009-02-22, 04:21 PM
Dangit. I don't know why I didn't realize AT was dual-progression. I guess I could go all rogue and throw Loremaster in there at the cost of some feats. But then I lose some BAB. Maybe a Ranger deep-impact power attacker?

Eldariel
2009-02-22, 04:34 PM
Deep Impact PA does look better for a Gish anyways; True Strike means you get to do wonderful full PA attacks and still hit almost certainly. Sneak Attack is nice and all, but as it doesn't get multiplied for additional arrows you shoot. I'd say 3 levels of Rogue would still be ok. You could consider going for 8 or so; Ranger doesn't have too much good stuff on high levels so only thing the Ranger-levels really have over Rogue is BAB. Getting 4d6 Sneak Attack could already get something done.

And yea, Wizard/Loremaster/Archmage does look good (unless you're interested in Red Wizard; it's in DMG and it kicks ass if the flavour hits right) for the gish-side.

Crow
2009-02-22, 05:37 PM
Wouldn't each arrow of a full-attack get sneak attack dice separately? Manyshot only gets it applied to the first arrow though, correct?

Eldariel
2009-02-23, 12:51 AM
Wouldn't each arrow of a full-attack get sneak attack dice separately? Manyshot only gets it applied to the first arrow though, correct?

Both are correct. I typed that up thinking of the Manyshot-plan. Although the fact that you have to be within 30' and qualify for SA makes the full attack sneaking a tad harder to accomplish.

Crow
2009-02-23, 01:20 AM
Both are correct. I typed that up thinking of the Manyshot-plan. Although the fact that you have to be within 30' and qualify for SA makes the full attack sneaking a tad harder to accomplish.

Yeah, the sneak attack idea was for when I thought I could use Arc. Trickster for impromptu sneak attack. Also, on closer observation, it would appear Deep Impact only works for one attack, so no full-attacking. So I'd be better off using True Strike for my power attacking needs and save myself 3 feats.