PDA

View Full Version : Mega Power Attack[feat]

zad101
2006-09-14, 10:57 PM
Hey this is my first time posting and i thought i might as well start with some homebrewed goodness.

Feat [Mega Power Attack]
Prereqs: 25 Str, Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, BAB 12

When you can make multiple attacks in a round based on high BAB you may roll all the attacks and then use the damage from the ones that hit in one attack. When cleaving with this feat you may only roll the to-hit dice of the attacks that hit.

I don't know if its balanced so PEACH it please
thanks

Lord Iames Osari
2006-09-14, 11:24 PM
Cleaving doesn't rely on additional attacks from a high BAB or feats like TWF or Rapid Shot.

Cleave [General]
Prerequisites
Str 13, Power Attack.

Benefit
If you deal a creature enough damage to make it drop (typically by dropping it to below 0 hit points or killing it), you get an immediate, extra melee attack against another creature within reach. You cannot take a 5-foot step before making this extra attack. The extra attack is with the same weapon and at the same bonus as the attack that dropped the previous creature. You can use this ability once per round.

Special
A fighter may select Cleave as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Great Cleave [General]
Prerequisites
Str 13, Cleave, Power Attack, base attack bonus +4.

Benefit
This feat works like Cleave, except that there is no limit to the number of times you can use it per round.

Special
A fighter may select Great Cleave as one of his fighter bonus feats.
See? So I would drop the bit about disallowing Power Attack on that basis; it may be necessary for game balance, but we'll see.
You may want to add BAB of say +12 to the requirements.

Oh, and welcome to the boards.

Raum
2006-09-14, 11:47 PM
The only effect I see is raising the chance of forcing a save for massive damage. It actually lessens the effect of cleave / great cleave...you'd get those for each attack that killed a target if you took multiple attacks.

TheOOB
2006-09-14, 11:54 PM
This feat also increases your ability to bypass damage reduction, but over all I don't see it as a huge benefit.

zad101
2006-09-15, 08:27 AM
bypassing DR was the original use for this feat so i'm glad someone noticed it but the save for massive damage is good too
thats actually really good because i send my players up against max HP creatures and some of them over 500 hp.
Lord I i didn't disallow powerattack to add even more damage im thinking you meant cleave right?
Okay so i edited the feat give it a look