PDA

View Full Version : Fall from Heaven II

kpenguin
2009-02-23, 07:21 AM
Anyone download/play this mod for Civ IV? I downloaded it last week and I am loving it. So much more interesting and fun than normal Civ, though Civ was never boring.

So far my favorite civ is the Grigori. Religion? We don't need no stinkin' religion! Nah, we only need our goddamn adventurers. Also, only having to sacrifice two units before killing the red dragon is sweet. Yay for dragonslayers!

shadowxknight
2009-02-23, 08:22 PM
Hmm I'm sure there was another thread on this, but it died couple of weeks ago. I guess everyone that would post in that thread is too busy playing the game :smalltongue:

I don't have a favorite civilization, but I almost always convert to Ashen Veil. I find the cheapest strategy is to build the Infernal Grimiore(sp?) and get Malevolent Designs for free. Then build Maderos and use him to wipe out all opposition. When the riders of apocalypse come just use him to destroy them and take their equipment:smallamused:.

Of course this strategy gets boring after 2-3 playthroughs. In my current game I'm using the Illians, since they have a unique playing style.

Dragor
2009-02-24, 04:42 PM
I'm currently playing a game as the Svartalfar, converted to the Ashen Veil (and am the only civ who's adopted it), summoned the Infernals and am attacking the world at large. The Illians are getting completely wiped by my hordes of Champions supported by a Level 10 Champion (who killed the Clan of Embers Hero unit early in the game when I destroyed them), Rosier the Fallen and Mardero.

... problem is, I'm playing on Terra.

The Infernals were summoned into AMERICA. Making them useless against the current crusade the Bannor and the Mercurians have made against me. I could gift them some Illian cities but I don't feel like leasing my control on what I fought hard to conquer, and what the Infernals could equally lose quite easily to the Bannor stacks. Urgh. :smallmad:

I love FFH2, but the slow starts are too slow, and turning up the speed makes it feel too fast. I'm too picky. :smallbiggrin:

--Edit--

Why is I always kill threads I'm interested in ;_;