PDA

View Full Version : I curse you at will

Tingel
2009-02-23, 10:24 AM
I will be trying out D&D 4th edition next week, and I am currently creating a character, namely a Human Warlock. The way I understand it, I get three at-will powers, of which two are predetermined by my class and pact (in my case: Eldritch Blast and Hellish Rebuke). The third one can be chosen freely.

My question now is whether any at-will powers beyond those of the Player's Handbook (the only source currently in my possession) have already been released. Neither Dire Radiance nor Eyebite really interests me, so if there were other options I would like to take them into account.

Do such alternatives exist?

And a second question: As far as I know, classes beyond those presented in the Player's Handbook have already been released. Can someone provide me with a list of those classes complete with the respective sources?

Also: Do Multi-Class feats for those new classes exist?

The playground has my gratitude for any provided information.

Kurald Galain
2009-02-23, 10:37 AM
The way I understand it, I get three at-will powers, of which two are predetermined by my class and pact (in my case: Eldritch Blast and Hellish Rebuke). The third one can be chosen freely.
Correct. However, for several classes, there is no viable option for the third at-will, and note that at-wills become progressively less useful as you level up (if you're level 8, you'd have 3 encounters, 2 utils and 2 dailies, all of which should be more powerful than your at-wills).

My question now is whether any at-will powers beyond those of the Player's Handbook
There's one in the Forgotten Realms guide. Other than that, you'll have to wait until Arcane Power comes out.

And a second question: As far as I know, classes beyond those presented in the Player's Handbook have already been released. Can someone provide me with a list of those classes complete with the respective sources?
There's just one: the Swordmage (from the aforementioned FR guide) which does have MC feats. Several other classes have been released as previews or playtests, check the WOTC site for details; none of these have MC feats as of yet.

Mando Knight
2009-02-23, 11:56 AM
There's one in the Forgotten Realms guide. Other than that, you'll have to wait until Arcane Power comes out.
That one is the Dark Pact's Spiteful Glamor, however, like Eyebite, it's best for a Charisma-based Warlock like a Feylock or Darklock.

There's just one: the Swordmage (from the aforementioned FR guide) which does have MC feats. Several other classes have been released as previews or playtests, check the WOTC site for details; none of these have MC feats as of yet.

The Forgotten Realms guide also has the MC-only class Spellscarred and its related feat...

On top of that, Martial Power gives the martial classes new Multiclass feats, one each for the Fighter and Ranger, and two each for the Warlord and Rogue; as well as an extra feat for those who paragon multiclass into a Martial class, granting the full version of one of the class's features in addition to the half-feature from the original multiclass feat.

RTGoodman
2009-02-23, 02:15 PM
Like the others said, you're sorta out of luck. The Dark Pact warlock in the FR book has new powers if you can get a copy of it, and there's an article in Dragon 366 on the WotC website (I think it might be subscription-only, though) that gives Star-Pact warlocks new powers, but there aren't any at-wills. Besides that, well, there's not much until the Arcane Power supplement comes out in April.

Tingel
2009-02-23, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the information. Too bad the power variety is so limited (something time will fix, I suppose), and even worse that most of the powers are just variations of "you cause damage and inflict temporary ailments". Having an additional at-will power for being a human turns out to be much less attractive than it originally sounded if all available powers are basically the same thing anyway.