PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Worlds

Athaniar
2009-02-23, 11:52 AM
I didn't notice any thread about this game, so I'd thought I'd mention it. Stargate Worlds, a MMORPG based in the Stargate universe, will soon be upon us (well, it's less than three months). So what do you think? What will you play as? I'm going Goa'uld, that's for sure, at least to begin with. Might try evil Jaffa later. The graphics look good, too.

largertyler
2009-03-02, 01:00 PM
I love Stargate. Alot So I'm going to try Worlds. remember though that like all the races are modifications of humans. how cool is it gonna be when 3 out of 4 races are humans

Athaniar
2009-03-03, 03:56 PM
To be fair, the Stargate universe is mostly human-oriented. And concerning Goa'uld, it's really the parasite that's in control. Speaking of which, I very much hope we'll ever be able to play as Unas Goa'uld.

JadedDM
2009-03-04, 01:25 AM
Stargate Worlds, a MMORPG based in the Stargate universe, will soon be upon us (well, it's less than three months).

Wait, wait, what? Less than three months? Where did you hear that? Because I heard it would be around the end of this year.

Speaking of which, I very much hope we'll ever be able to play as Unas Goa'uld.

We won't. The devs said outright that Unas would never be playable. The main theme of the game is an intergalactic arms race--to see who can get the best technology first. Much like the TV show. Thus, the Unas, a very primitive race who don't care a whit about technology, wouldn't make for a feasible playable race.

Athaniar
2009-03-04, 05:53 AM
Wait, wait, what? Less than three months? Where did you hear that? Because I heard it would be around the end of this year.
Hm, I'm sure I read it somewhere...

We won't. The devs said outright that Unas would never be playable. The main theme of the game is an intergalactic arms race--to see who can get the best technology first. Much like the TV show. Thus, the Unas, a very primitive race who don't care a whit about technology, wouldn't make for a feasible playable race.

I said Unas Goa'uld, by which I mean Goa'ud in Unas bodies, not free, primitive unas. Unas Goa'uld have been in some episodes, such as (if I'm not confusing episode titles with one another) Thor's Hammer and Demons.

JadedDM
2009-03-04, 01:05 PM
I know that those who play the Goa'ulds will have the opportunity to change hosts during the game, although at a price. I've no idea what the price is, perhaps XP? I don't know if they could take Unas as hosts, though. Although I'm not sure why, I assume there was a reason the Goa'uld stopped using them and switched to Humans instead.

largertyler
2009-03-05, 02:01 AM
they stopped using unas beacuse human made for better hosts. Althogh not stronger human bodies are incredibly easy to heal/rebuild. made for better long term hosts. Plus I don't know if the show ever said this, but its a lot easier to believe in a god in your own form than in some reptile as your god.

Athaniar
2009-03-05, 01:28 PM
Sure, humans may be better, but Unas are way, way cooler. If it ever becomes possible, then host-switching, here I come!

largertyler
2009-03-05, 02:28 PM
Did you apply for the worlds beta?

Doglord
2009-03-07, 07:58 AM
Im definately gonna play if it'll work on my computer. I'll probably be boring and take human at first, but asgard and jaffa sound fun.

Blackdrop
2009-03-11, 03:55 PM
they stopped using unas beacuse human made for better hosts. Althogh not stronger human bodies are incredibly easy to heal/rebuild. made for better long term hosts. Plus I don't know if the show ever said this, but its a lot easier to believe in a god in your own form than in some reptile as your god.

Goa'uld's vanity was also a contributer to the switch. Unas are cool (and my favorite non-human race), but they are ugly sonuva-biscuits.

Also, this game looks so cool. I ususally have a short, excited high over a MMO based off of one of my favorite Show/Movie/Book/etc, but I've been getting steadily more excited about this game.

Eldaran
2009-03-22, 05:08 PM
I'm not sure what I'm allowed to reveal, so let's just say it's possible that I could have been in since the Friends and Family Alpha, and it is also possible that the game is getting pretty good (after they fixed up the skill trees), but that they closed off the beta to implement the Asgard and Goa’uld. Of course, I'm not actually saying anything, you know? :smallwink: