PDA

View Full Version : Taverna Generica 10: Catering to Any Taste

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Kaelaroth
2009-02-23, 12:07 PM
Taverna Generica

"διακονέoμέv άπαν"
TAVERNA: Teh Acronym's Victoriously Extraordinary Realm of Nice Alcohol Yes, The is not normally included. Hence, "teh"
or
PUB: Place of Uberous Bavardage Credit for that to Blue Umbrella for that particular Acronym

Reasoning for this thread: Townies complained that ACRONYM players and characters were intruding, destroying their plots, and generally making a nuisance of themselves. This thread (and perhaps others that may follow in its vain) are by no means trying to replace town, but are trying to offer ACRONYM players the chance to show their characters off in a non-ACRONYM base environment. In the same way, we are in no way saying that because this thread is here, it will stop ACRONYM players from using the Town. We also remind Townies that we are not saying you cannot post here. Yet, we dissuade you from doing so.

Before you stands a stout, heavy building, constructed from dark, grey stones, with crossbeams latticing neatly across the foundation, up to the heavy wooden, and thatched, roof above. An inn sign hangs outside, eroded by age, the image undecipherable, the name withered: TAVERNA GENERICA.
On the front door, someone, most likely eons ago, has inscribed the same words, and the words Townies, Keep Out! Someone has also hung a sign, offering ACRONYMers work in the bar, permanently, though, in reality, you'll have to work your way up.
The tavern is in walking distance from any Acronym organisations, and other major Acronym landmarks, such as Freedom Glades (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100185). This, I stress most heavily, is not to be abused so you can run amok. It is so characters with no teleport capabilities can come to the inn. Yes, it makes no sense, considering that the organisations are miles apart, in some cases, even further, with environmental hazards, etc. It just is. Should I receive complaints that this is being abused, this shall be edited away.

Inside, there is a large bar area, capable of seating at least one hundred people, with tables, big and heavy, and dark red leather chairs, aged yet comfy, littered about in a disorganised style. Old, oil paintings, of landscapes and battles, are hung randomly about the place, and a roaring fire constantly blazes to one side, nicely illuminating the baby grand piano. Shuttered windows look out onto the streets outside. Behind the bar, an assortment of NPCs man the bar, all middle-aged, pot-bellied men, with bad body odour, and too much stubble and wart issues. The occasional good-time girl (legal), and, recently, boy (legal) (working as a bar wench/manwench) also serves as a bar(wo)man at times, many are rather too old or ugly to be of much use to the refined ACRONYMer, though. And, still further behind them, are the drinks, many hundreds of thousands of them, ranging from the mundane, to the mystic. From the bar, one can also buy typical bar foodstuffs, like pork scratchings, and dragon-flavoured nuts and kettle chips. One can also order proper food, in dizzying variety, from the kitchen, at rather high prices. By the bar, a sign reads "No Wanton Telepathy or Reality-Warping, Please.". The only regular barmaid/hostess/front-of-house is Yasmin Lewis (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5425975&postcount=75). Beside the bar is a noticeboard, currently displaying an advert (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5961357&postcount=1426) for the nearby time and dimesional travel service, Time Tours, a posh flyer for Restaurant Enchanté (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101576) and a simple note for Professional Services (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5724307&postcount=22).
Behind the bar is a large kitchen area, designed to cater for large functions, staffed by unnamed NPC slaves and servants. The technology in the kitchen has been imported from another dimension, there are incinerators, ovens, microwaves, and fridges, unlike the typical level of technology in this dimensional quadrant.

Beneath the kitchen and bar area, accessible through a hidden staircase, lies the gigantic, mysterious wine cellar, filled with ancient drinks, and age-old graffiti, filled with dust, and the occasional pair (or more) making hot nookie beside the bottles, barrels, fine clarets, pure Chardonnays, vintage burgundies, and other fine wines...
Above the bar and kitchen, for three floors up, lie rooms, varying in taste and decor, available as homes, and as places to stay the night. There are NPC cleaners who circulate among the rooms every few days or so, to clean up after the notoriously dirty ACRONYMers.
There's a small stables outside, where horses, ponies, and smaller mounts can be stored, and the NPC stableboys are perfectly capable of sending larger mounts and vehicles to other, larger, holding places off-site, when required to. A hire service working from the stables can send off for rentable mounts, but there is an NPC heavy warhorse stored there, by the name of Cookie, created by Kaela, who can be rented for dramatic entrances, and the like, for a much more modest price.

The only spells on the inn are ones that prevent alcohol from being watered down, and another that stops the entire inn being destroyed. Portals, and teleports, are perfectly allowed within, though frowned upon if they appear in places where they're not wanted.

IC Rules are as follows:
1. No listening to unhappy songs during happy hour!
2. No killing the staff.
3. No vandalism.
4. No thieving!
5. Not so much a rule, but we'd like to remind customers that we retain the right to refuse and kill customers, and no responsibility can be taken on our part if you're evicted, injured, or killed, by Taverna employees.
6. No drug use.
7. No alcohol brought in from other establishments is to be drunk here without staff permission.
Breaking of the rules may earn ACRONYMers banning from the tavern, or a fine. Or, in certain cases, other ACRONYMers, or NPC policemen and bounty hunters, may be employed to hunt down the nasty, nasty people who broked the rules.

OOC Rules are as follows:
1. No controlling the NPCs to do anything that would be considered unlike them to do. You're permitted to make them serve your character(s) a drink, but no, let's say, make them get drunk and burn the place down. Of course, you could always make it clear your character is mind-controlling them into doing such as thing, for example, but you cannot make them do anything out of the ordinary, and make it seem as if they were doing it out of their own free will. I control the NPCs when I'm online and active here.
2. No destroying the place, or doing something to it that'll produce a similar effect (for example, no placing a massive time freeze on the entire area forever). You're allowed to damage it, but destroying it just takes the fun out of it for all the other players.
3. No godmoding/godmodding. Even if it's permitted in some ACRONYMs, it isn't in others, and therefore shall not be allowed in the taverna. The occasional mishap's OK, repeated offence isn't.
4. Players are allowed to make NPCs speak in whatever tone, colour, and font they so choose, though, in keeping with pre-established tradition, the female NPCs normally speak in orange, the males in gray. If I, the thread runner, am not online, NPCs can be played by anyone.
5. Please try and keep posts longer than one or two lines of speech. Description is appreciated. One-or-two-liners that don't do much are OK once in a while - but not regularly.
6. If you want random smashy hahaN00BlulzFun, here's not the place. Anything spammy, random, or just plain annoying, can go! Of course, if your silliness is in moderation and well-roleplayed, and considerate of other players, then welcome in.
Repeated rule violaters (in nearly all circumstances OOC, but perhaps IC), can be punished by being IC banned from the thread. And therefore OOC banned to, under threat of mod being called to remove you for breaking thread rules.
Any other rules can be submitted by PM, and can be considered. Please bear in mind that the rules of this thread may update. Alerts that updates have been made will be made clear on the rest of the thread.

FireFox
2009-02-23, 12:12 PM
Tobias is here, awaiting an answer.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-23, 12:19 PM
Did they hurt me? I don't know. Her fingers were claws into my soul. Her eyes were storms, and her skin crackled with her radiant might. Amelia says, a little more thoughtfully, before she looks up at Tobias, and says, pensively: Shall we go and have something to eat? Rather a departure in theme, true.

FireFox
2009-02-23, 12:21 PM
Who is she Amelia? And without waiting for an answer he bends down to kiss her on the lips.
...Bad Toby! No giving in to impulses!

Kaelaroth
2009-02-23, 12:23 PM
Amelia's kissed. She doesn't kiss him back. :smalleek:
Pulling back, she looks up at him with slightly trembling eyes. And, perhaps worryingly, with a soft ripple of pink gas (which smells ever so inviting), she is enveloped by her own latent powers and then teleported away.
((deadtime))

FireFox
2009-02-23, 12:26 PM
Tobias sits down heavily, his expression a curious combination of satisfaction and depression, and sighs. Well... crap.

((Deadtime))

Kaelaroth
2009-02-23, 03:12 PM
Yasmin, her shard safely stored on a pouch (securely fastened under her dress), goes to front of house, smiling happily as she puts on her apron, and gets back to work, quickly serving an orc with a glass of bloodoak-beer he ordered.

FireFox
2009-02-23, 03:14 PM
Tobias walks downstairs and sits in front of some barman.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-23, 03:17 PM
Yasmin, who has a link about her in the first post, approaches Tobias, smiling, as she wipes her hands on her apron. Can I get you anything, sir?

FireFox
2009-02-23, 03:21 PM
Nope. He stares at the nearest barman. Have any family?

Kaelaroth
2009-02-23, 03:23 PM
Yasmin raises one eyebrow very slightly, and, sighing, very slightly, moves away to serve another nearby customer. Hopefully one who'll appreciate her company.

The barman, after being addressed, grunts in the negative.

FireFox
2009-02-23, 03:25 PM
See, the last time Tobias talked with somebody like this, they got hit over the head. And he's in a bad mood. :smallwink:

No? How about parents? You wouldn't happen to be a tragic orphan, would you?

Kaelaroth
2009-02-23, 03:27 PM
No. The barman grunts. It seems he isn't very talkative, eh? Oh, wait. Fabricated barstaff NPC, I am. Seems the narrator was wrong.

FireFox
2009-02-23, 03:29 PM
Really? Damn... Tobias sighs and draws a sword.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-23, 03:32 PM
There's a slight flicker of activity among everyone inside. Now. Normally, that wouldn't happen. But there're only two PCs within the main room at the moment, and the one people don't know has just pulled a sword, after talking to a notably gruff NPC. Remember cutting down a tree, in a forest, with nobody worthwhile to hear it? Well, all the slightly lesswhile NPCs are hearing, now. Their stares practically bore holes in Tobias.

FireFox
2009-02-23, 03:35 PM
Tobias ignores the stares and lays the sword on his lap, his hand running almost lovingly across the length of the blade.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-23, 03:36 PM
There's a slight degree of relaxation. The aforementioned barman gets up, and moves away from the druid, still separated from him by the counter itself.

FireFox
2009-02-23, 03:39 PM
How does it feel? He still stares intensely at his weapon. To have a meaningless life? I ask you because I do not know. There has always been a point. Studying Druidry. Fighting the Ecowar. More studying. Fighting the Pyrite's war. Going from town to town helping people, all to train for an upcoming day. I've always had a point, a plan, a focus. What focus do you have?

happyturtle
2009-02-23, 03:52 PM
Jadwiga is drinking her bloodwine when a calico cat runs out from under the bar making a trilling greeting noise and bounds onto her lap.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-23, 03:54 PM
We exist to work. A nearby barman says, his voice, his eyes, glazed over, with the dread tones and hue of one who is doomed. Forever.

What a cute cat! Yasmin says, smiling. Can I top up your drink, miss?

FireFox
2009-02-23, 03:59 PM
Tobias visibly represses a shutter and sheathes the sword. Okay, no more tips for you. He quietly curses the futility of trying to make friends with such soulless creations as these. Putting on his phoenix feathered cap, he slowly walks out the door. He would have laughed had he noticed how alike his gait and the barman's voice were.

Uncle Festy
2009-02-23, 06:52 PM
A goblin walks in. He's got reddish-brown hair, a small goatee, a brown shirt, a dark orange cape, and a permanently amused expression. He walks up to one of the bustier barwenches, giving her a grin. "Nice bar you got here," he says, looking up, down, around…*down… down some more… His head snaps back up. "You have anything worth drinking?" he asks.

Rebonack
2009-02-23, 07:04 PM
Is it a human that peeks in through the door?

Could be.

Something's notably off, though. Something about the eyes...

Now, anyone who has been in the Nexus for any real length of time will know that people with unusual eyes are to be watched closely. Especially if they're glowing. Because glowing eyes almost always signify the amazing power of the individual just seeping out of them. Or something.

No glowing eyes on this fellow in white silk robe and tunic, though. They're just deep. Uncannily deep. As if something much grander were hiding behind them.

But anyway, he's peeking into the taverna cautiously.

Why you ask?

Well... the last tavern he was in seemed to have this uncanny habit of being violent. And he would really like to avoid getting set on fire.

Again.

"Think it's in here..." he mutters as he slips inside.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-23, 07:06 PM
A woman with long red hair (Actually red, not orange) wearing a dark blue labcoat this time and goggles on her forehead looks at the man, who she judges must be a priest by his robes, and goblin.

So a priest and a goblin walk into a bar... She chuckles, drinking her drink.

Rebonack
2009-02-23, 07:13 PM
Thick dark goggles? The kind one welds whilst wearing?

Or splash resistant goggles for keeping chemicals out of the eyes?

After poking around in the Taverna for a while Eltanin eventually finds himself drawn to a certain waitress... "Eerr... Excuse me? I think you might have something of mine..."

Shades of Gray
2009-02-23, 07:30 PM
Techy goggles. Circular, metal, dark blue lenses.

Yeah! You have something of his! Give it back now, or face the wrath of me, the Scientess! She proclaims, having never seen either of these folks in her life. Her name is a pun on the word "scientist".

Uncle Festy
2009-02-23, 07:35 PM
The goblin's head snaps around. "What? Priest? Where?"

Rebonack
2009-02-23, 07:39 PM
That's a bad pun and SoG should feel bad for making it.

*cough*

"Wha...?" the fallen star gives the be-goggled woman a rather confused look. Mostly because he wasn't looking to rough people up. Just get apiece of his heart back. It would be nice if this were possible without any undo violence.

But hey, this is the Nexus.

People just love undo violence.

"No! There's no need to threaten her! I'm just-" he pauses. Pauses and peers at the waitress.

...and pokes her in the arm. "...I think she's frozen in place..."

For good measure he glances around to see if he can't find this fabled priest everyone's been talking about.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-23, 07:45 PM
Oh. I thought you were the priest, what with the white robes and all. The scientess smiles, drinking her drink, as opposed to doing something else with her drink, such as balancing it on her head, as that'd be silly. What're you looking for anyway? She seems totally calm now.

Uncle Festy
2009-02-23, 07:53 PM
The goblin looks at his brown shirt and dark orange cape. "Um…*what white robe?"

Rebonack
2009-02-23, 07:57 PM
"Well..." Eltanin glances over at the sunset orange stone that's hovering above his right shoulder at the moment. "My heart is broken. It was scattered all over the place when I fell. And she has a piece of it."

As one might imagine having one's heart back is nice. Wouldn't want to be a heartless after all. Some punk kid with enormous shoes might knock you upside the head with a giant novelty key.

"I, aah... I think she was talking about me, actually."

Y'know.

Since he's wearing a white robe and all.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-23, 08:00 PM
Aww... How romantic. The scientess doesn't seem to grasp the concept. She thinks that it is in the figurative sense, that they're in love. For someone who's taken your heart away, she seems to be ignoring you.

Uncle Festy
2009-02-23, 08:04 PM
"Ah, sorry. Must have misheard you there."

Rebonack
2009-02-23, 08:08 PM
"I don't think she meant to take it though. Probably just found it laying around somewhere," Eltanin admits. We'll see how long the misunderstanding can continue with statements of that nature being thrown around. "And... she isn't ignoring me. She's frozen. People do that here for some reason."

They used to just fall asleep.

Apparently it was something in the water.
"I don't think she meant to take it though. Probably just found it laying around somewhere," Eltanin admits. We'll see how long the misunderstanding can continue with statements of that nature being thrown around. "And... she isn't ignoring me. She's frozen. People do that here for some reason."

They used to just fall asleep.

Apparently it was something in the water.

"Eerr... Have either of you seen any stones laying around the city?" he prods at the fiery orange gem hovering above his shoulder with his index finger a few times. "It's really important. I lost quite a few of them and I would rather like to get them back."

Shades of Gray
2009-02-23, 08:13 PM
Of course I do! Those are those... things... Right? Those... err... Shiny things? The scientess doesn't know what she is talking about, but loves acting like she knows everything about every current situation.

Rebonack
2009-02-23, 08:29 PM
Eltanin slowly opens his mouth to reply.

Then slowly closes it again.

Seems he isn't quite sure what to make of the odd be-goggled woman. "Eerr... right. Shiny things. That's exactly what they are."

...isn't sure how well this is going to be working out. So he decides to be blunt. "You have no idea what I'm looking for, do you?"

Uncle Festy
2009-02-23, 08:33 PM
"Sorry, I got nothing. Just got here, actually."

Shades of Gray
2009-02-23, 08:35 PM
Nun-Uh, I totally know what you're talking about... Kinda... Not at all. Just got here myself as well.

Rebonack
2009-02-23, 08:44 PM
Eltanin sighs and slumps into a chair at this point.

Another dead end. And not because of the fragment escaping, either. It's right there! But it's stuck in the frozen woman's grasp. The fallen star really isn't sure if he would be able to pry the thing out, either.

"Oh well... I guess I'll just have to wait then..." he glances back at the other two apparently active people in the tavern. "So... You're both new to this city then? Why did you come here?"

Shades of Gray
2009-02-23, 08:47 PM
FOR SCIENCE! The Scientess proclaims, pointing a finger towards the heavens dramatically. I heard it's nice here too...

Rebonack
2009-02-23, 09:04 PM
"If you mean unnecessarily violent then yes," Eltanin nods. "Yes, that would be an accurate description."

Speaking of unnecessary violence!

In through the door comes... well... He looks to be a warrior of some sort of another. Not full-plate knight warrior. More banded mail Roman warrior. Complete with one of those funny feather Mohawk helmets.

He points at the fallen star with his short sword. "You! You have more of the wishing stones! Give them to me!"

Dun dun dun!

Shades of Gray
2009-02-23, 09:06 PM
GAH! The scientess turns around, suddenly holding a giant plasma cannon, firing blue plasma at the roman dude. This is a nervous habit of hers. Roman... I'll make you pay for interrupting my missions with requests to go bowling...

Uncle Festy
2009-02-23, 09:09 PM
"I'm…*not really sure why I'm here. An interplanar anomaly or something like that, I assume." The goblin scratches the back of his head, completely ignoring the Roman Warrior.

Rebonack
2009-02-23, 09:19 PM
What is with people and giant plasma cannons around here, anyway? Seems like a pretty popular way to go around causing trouble.

Anywho...

The warrior raises his mirror-coated shield, the beam of energy bouncing off the surface and scowering a nice black scorch-mark into the ceiling. Of course, plasma doesn't work like that at all. Which suggests that he might have a magic sword of some kind.

"I won't give you my heart!" the fallen star protests, sunset orange solar plasma wafting off his hands and drifting through the air as a liquid mist. Plasma is odd like that when not confined to a magnetic field after all.

Battle start!

The warrior rushes forward, using his shield to see about knocking the scientist aside and thrusting with his sword to skewer poor Eltanin.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-23, 09:22 PM
The scientess is indeed knocked. She pulls her goggles over her eyes. Oh poo. These are opaque... Says the Scientess, fumbling around.

Uncle Festy
2009-02-23, 09:26 PM
"Hm, I do believe something needs to be done here." Raising his right hand, he places his hand in a fist, but with the index finger and thumb extended. Sighting down his index finger –*and still grinning – he fires an orb of flame at the warrior's head.

Rebonack
2009-02-23, 09:34 PM
The scientess fumbles about comically, doing little good for those around her!

Eltanin is, thankfully, fairly agile. What with all the dancing that he does. This helps him deftly whirl out of the path of the sword thrust and directly behind the warrior!

He probably would have found this position more advantageous if he hadn't just intercepted the goblin's fireball on accident.

Great.

Now he's on fire again.

That's twice in one day!

The warrior wheels around, smashing his shield into Eltanin and sending him reeling. "Fool! The wishing stones will be mine!"

Rawr!

Shades of Gray
2009-02-23, 09:38 PM
The scientess rips off her goggles and will attempt to blind cousin Roman with them. Blinding Goggle Attack of Death!

Rebonack
2009-02-23, 09:51 PM
Sadly the warrior's funny looking helmet makes slipping the goggles over his eyes dreadfully difficult. Though it does distract him from stabbing the presently prone Eltanin.

Hooray!

Doesn't stop him from spinning around and trying to stab Scientess, though.

Oh noes!

The fallen fallen star quickly pushes himself away and scrambles to his feet, shaking his hands and trying to get... something... to work. "Come on come on...."

Uncle Festy
2009-02-23, 09:58 PM
The goblin cracks his neck. "Boom. Headshot." He looks at the flaming warrior. "Huh. Anyone have an Axetinguisher?"

Shades of Gray
2009-02-23, 10:01 PM
The scientess ducks the blade, and attempts to tase him bro! With a taser of course.

Chas the mage
2009-02-23, 10:08 PM
A man wearing a dark grey trench coat and fedora enters the taverna.

Rebonack
2009-02-23, 10:15 PM
Don't taze me, bro! Don't taze me!

Aaauugh!

Sadly this scene isn't nearly as hilarious. The warrior seizes up for a moment, twitching as the electricity courses through him. But it's only a temporary delay. He darts forward again to crush the woman of science with his shield.

Eltanin, meanwhile... "Come on..." there comes a faint crackling sound for a moment as a ropy beam of plasma briefly takes shape between his hands. "Come on..." a little longer in the arc's existence this time.

Zzzrrt!

"There!"

He's now got a magnetic field coursing from one hand to another, concentrating the solar plasma he generates. Allowing him to use...

Solar Flare!

Eltanin thrusts out his hands and-!

The field fizzles.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-23, 10:16 PM
The scientess is knocked back. Damn... Running outta references here...

The scientess will CHARGE HER LAZOR! While taking a step back.

Uncle Festy
2009-02-23, 10:30 PM
"Aw, hell," mutters the Goblin, and dashes under a table.

[/deadtime]

Rebonack
2009-02-23, 10:36 PM
Rebo eyes Chaz's PC, wondering if he'll get involved with something or walk out of the tavern again. It's a mystery!

"Eee!" Eltanin decides that now would be the time to flee again since the warrior is getting uncomfortably close. Thankfully the fallen star is a pretty spry fellow, otherwise he would have gotten skewered just now.

Seems he's climbed on top of a cabinet.

"Come down and fight, coward!"

"I would really rather not."

Shades of Gray
2009-02-23, 10:44 PM
The lazor is fired. A concentrated blue beam of hot energy.

Reinholdt
2009-02-23, 10:46 PM
Butler enters the tavern, the shard he has in his pocket telling him there's another one here. If only he could collect a few more, then he could actually be a real superhero and be able to truly help people.

He takes a look around and assesses the situation. The shard points him to the threatening warrior as the source of what he's looking for. He's rather confused by the person on the cabinet, but lets it slide for now. He'll try to catch the warrior's attention. "Umm... excuse me sir."

Then the warrior gets shot at. :smalleek:

Rebonack
2009-02-23, 11:03 PM
There comes a loud pop as flesh and armor are flash-vaporized on the warrior's back. Seems he was a bit too preoccupied by trying to get Eltanin off the cabinet to bring that reflective shield of his to bear.

Doesn't kill him.

Though it does upset him.

"Fool!" he thunders at the laser-wielding woman.

And then hurls a hand-axe at her. While Rebo is well aware that such axes weren't common Roman weapons hurling hand-axes is really cool.

Eltanin is still trying to get another solar flare going so he can actually defend himself...

"As for you..." the warrior casts a sidelong glance at Butler. "Sit down and be silent. I will claim your shard as well soon enough."

"Don't give it to him!" the fallen star calls out. Great advice there!

Shades of Gray
2009-02-23, 11:05 PM
The scientess get's a hand axe to the arm. Gah! she screams, as she falls to the ground, bleeding in the arm.

Reinholdt
2009-02-23, 11:09 PM
Butler isn't sure what to do. Conflicting orders and people fighting is always so confusing to him.

"Ummm.. sir? You have something I really could use sir. Would you mind if I borrowed it from you for a while sir? The shiny rock you have sir?"

He's not sure who to help, the lazor shooter or the axe thrower. Both are so violent. He will move to the side and take a seat though, if only to get out of the way.

celtois
2009-02-23, 11:11 PM
Xavier stands up off the floor, wondering what he should be doing here.

Well this seems interesting. To get involved or no is the question.

Rebonack
2009-02-23, 11:24 PM
"I will not give you the wishing stone!" the warrior screams at Butler. "It's mine! It came to me! I'll kill you all if that's what it takes to get more!"

Is he frothing at the mouth a bit?

Eeww.

He raises his hands above his head, ready to plunge his sword into the fallen scientist's torso. "Now die that you might cease being a nu-AAAGGH!"

His hands just got chopped off.

Though there isn't blood spewing everywhere.

Mostly because he's got a pair of sizzling black stumps now where once there were hands. Black and carbonized.

Probably due to the golden-orange arc of energy between his hands that Eltanin finally managed to maintain for a few seconds. And of course it fizzles again right about... now.

The man drops to his knees, in shock at his handless state.

And his hands bounce to the floor, a small orange gem rolling out of one and coming to a halt near Butler.

Reinholdt
2009-02-23, 11:28 PM
Butler is slightly stunned, but the need to gather the shards far outweighs that.

He reaches down and snatches the shard up quickly, before trying to flee the tavern. The people here are just downright scary right now. He needs to go find an adult to tell him what to do.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-23, 11:29 PM
Aaahhhh.... Huh? The scientess would make a witty remark, but she is bleeding badly. Help...

Darkcomet
2009-02-23, 11:30 PM
Butler may be surprised to find DC opening the door of the Taverna.

Huh? Why the rush?

Reinholdt
2009-02-23, 11:32 PM
If Comet looks at the battle scene behind him, it should be fairly obvious. Butler skids to a stop at the cry for help though. He can't leave her alone like that.

"There was a fight sir. She needs help sir." Butler rushes back to the scientess and immediately starts dressing, cleaning, and binding the wound.

Rebonack
2009-02-23, 11:35 PM
"No! My power!" the warrior yells after Butler, reaching toward him with one of his stump-hands. "Come back with my power! I need it!"

Eltanin finally climbs down from the cabinet, the arc of plasma he had manifested having long since fizzled. He glances between the various injured people and the fellow with the fragments of his heart.

He can... he can chase the cat-man down later. Right?

The fallen star kneels down next to the scientess, a helpless look painted on his face. "I... I don't know what to do! I met some people yesterday who were able to mend other people's wounds but..."

None of them seem to be here at the moment.

Darkcomet
2009-02-23, 11:35 PM
Well, his view was blocked by Butler.

But he sees now.

Ah hell. I'm not in the mood for another fight.

celtois
2009-02-23, 11:37 PM
Oh hello Dc. Fancy seeing you here.
Xavier is here and is wearing no shirt.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-23, 11:37 PM
Thanks... Mister ? The scientess says, clutching her shoulder.

Darkcomet
2009-02-23, 11:42 PM
Oh hello Dc. Fancy seeing you here.
Xavier is here and is wearing no shirt.

Oh. You. I take it you've been busy trying to get yourself killed?

DC is (rather obviously) annoyed now.

celtois
2009-02-23, 11:44 PM
Yes I have, K-15 was here recently sticking stakes in me. It didn't work so well as you can see.

Xavier is amused by DC's annoyance.

Xavier can heal people, but why would he..

Reinholdt
2009-02-23, 11:44 PM
After making sure the scientess is ok, Butler will stand back up. "It's no problem ma'am. You take better care of yourself ma'am. I'd hate to see anything bad happen to you ma'am." Then Butler will turn to walk out.

Darkcomet
2009-02-23, 11:48 PM
It's KR-15. And didn't I tell you he wasn't dead?

DC smirks, and he too turns to walk out, as he is in no mood to deal with this situation.

celtois
2009-02-23, 11:52 PM
Whatever. He said he figured out how to kill me. Sadly it didn't work and I'm still here to irritate you. Which is suppose is a plus. :smallamused:

Rebonack
2009-02-23, 11:52 PM
Bandages fix everything!

Eltanin bits his lip as Butler walks off into the night. Was it really wise to let him leave like that? How does he know he'll be able to get the he-

"No..." the warrior calls after Butler, pushing himself to his feet and staggering after him. "My power... I need it..."

Seems some people don't let go of the gems quite as quickly as others.

The fallen star has absolutely no idea what to do at this point. So he just plops down on his hind end and looks dejected. "Is... there anything else we can do for you arm?"

Shades of Gray
2009-02-23, 11:54 PM
Not much... Science! The scientess pulls out an extremely unsafe contraption, and hooks it up to her wounds. I'm going to need you to flip the switch.

celtois
2009-02-23, 11:58 PM
Xavier zones out (Deadtime here.)

Rebonack
2009-02-24, 12:04 AM
"I... umm... Alright..."

Eltanin is a little lost here. Though he'll flip whatever switch he's presented with. He's seen switch-flipping before. Usually by people named Igor.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-24, 12:05 AM
If he flips the switch, then a slight crackling noise is heard, and painkillers are pumped into her. Thanks... Okay you can stop now... I'm getting a bit woooooooooozy...

Rebonack
2009-02-24, 12:12 AM
And lo, he turns off the strange device once more!

Eltanin also makes a rather pointed effort to not look at the severed hands on the floor. Because they're gross.

"So... That's what I mean by this place being oddly violent..."

Darkcomet
2009-02-24, 12:14 AM
DC, noting that Xavier deadtimed and the whole 'fight' problem has resolved, heads over to an empty table and sits down.

Is it finally over...?

He's thinking out loud.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-24, 12:14 AM
Huh? Yeah... Taverns are like that... Maybeleh you should try a lie-berry or something.

She still seems wooooooozy.

Rebonack
2009-02-24, 12:19 AM
Eltanin opens his mouth, taking in a breath to reply.

Then closes it again. And furrows his brow. This is all really strange to him, honestly. "Is... a lie-berry a type of food? I'm kind of new to the whole eating concept, so you'll have to forgive me."

Shades of Gray
2009-02-24, 12:21 AM
Naw. s'a place with booooooks and... Shelvis Presley and stuff...

billtodamax
2009-02-24, 12:31 AM
Luke and Kael enter the tavern.
"Hey, you!" Luke says, pointing at Eltainn (or however you spell it)
"You have a lot of these shiny sharp rock thingamajigs, hovering over your shoulder."
"Can we have them?" Kael chimes in. "They're pretty. Don't seem to be very useful though." Neither brother seems to know that they can grant wishes, nor does the shard have much of a hold on them. Yet.

Rebonack
2009-02-24, 12:37 AM
Eltanin. But pretty close.

Anywho, the fallen star is fairly surprised to find another person (persons in this case) showing up after the shards. Well... this is part of the reason why he wanted to get out of here so quickly after all.

Maybe they'll be reasonable about it...

"These aren't just stones. They're my broken heart," Eltanin explains as calmly as he can muster. "If you've found any it would be wonderful if you could return them. I can repay you if you like."

Chas the mage
2009-02-24, 12:41 AM
The man wearing the dark grey trench coat and hat undeadtimes.

Darkcomet
DC just rolls his eyes at the strange obsession with stones.

Until Eltanin says they're pieces of his heart, which just makes DC confused.

billtodamax
"but they're so pretty" says Luke. "Are you sure you don't want us to keep it, just for a while?"
((NB:because the shards bumped Luke and Kael up a couple rungs into Lawful Good, it should be pretty easy to get the shards off of them))

Rebonack
2009-02-24, 12:46 AM
A giant duck-billed platypus leaps through the air out of a jack-in-the-box in a bid to full-body tackle the man in the trench-coat.

Why?

Why not?

*ahem*

"I'm... greatly weakened without them. Without my heart intact I can't grant wishes like I can normally. And even worse, I can't shine," Eltanin sighs in a rather dejected sort of fashion. "What good is a star that can't shine?"

billtodamax
2009-02-24, 12:48 AM
"well, if you put it that way..." says Kael.
"Then we'll give it to you." say Luke. He holds out the shard to Eltanin

Chas the mage
2009-02-24, 12:49 AM
The man appears about 10 or so feet over, out of the way of the charging platypus.

Boo
2009-02-24, 12:59 AM
"That's not necessary sir. You don't have to sir. Thank you sir." He'll take the whiskey and drink. He's not a big drinker. He usually only downs Nuka-Cola and occasionally milk.

"I do appreciate it sir. Will you be around long sir, or are you just visiting sir?"

>> For continuity sake, we'll just say they made smalltalk before stopping. Andre will have said to him that he's from the Carnival, and had stepped out for a drink or five. Also, Mr. Butler would have just drank a pint of whiskey. Usually you only have a little more than a tilly of it.

Being that he sneaked out, a startlingly sexy woman enters the Taverna. She's wearing one of those corset + stockings outfits with a nice frilly tail of fabric to add flair to the costume itself. Of course it's black, but I'm going into too much detail for just one thing. Her hair is long and wavy with volume, and has a wonderfully dark brown colour. She's wearing make-up on her face that suggests she's gentle, yet the whip at her side gives the opposite effect. "Andre!" She says, a North American accent written into her voice, "There you are! Come, before Mr. Fanque gets back! You don't want to have nightmares again, do you?" The giant perks up from his intoxicated state at the mention of a name. "No! We go! Fast, fast!" The giant clumsily crawls out of the establishment, led by the white woman with the whip.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 12:59 PM
And, Yasmin walks out of the ladies' powder room, neat and pretty, her caramel locks in a thick plait (in fact, two braids intertwined), her eyes lightly ringed with smoky kohl, her lips gently covered in pale tan lipstick, which compliments her skin as she returns to her spot behind the bar, smiling, as she ties her apron on, securely.
For those interested, her shard lies in a pouch, on a chain, round her neck, currently concealed by her high-cut blue top.

FireFox
2009-02-24, 01:07 PM
Tobias walks in and sits at the bar, taking off his hat and sighing unhappily.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 01:08 PM
Yasmin just hands him a menu, since he clearly wasn't interested in talking to her yesterday.

FireFox
2009-02-24, 01:09 PM
How unfortunate, considering she's the only one there worth talking to.
He wordlessly sets the menu down and contemplates the bar.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 01:13 PM
What would you like, sir? Yasmin says, calmly, to Tobias, once she's served the little gaggle of halflings on a table by the piano with their orders of dandelion wine.

FireFox
2009-02-24, 01:14 PM
A noble death that would vindicate my entire life.
...I mean whiskey.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 01:16 PM
Noble deaths? Go work for GLoG, or HALO, or one of those other ones. They have enough crazy exploits for you to die in a perhaps-noble fashion, no? Yasmin says, as she pours him a whiskey, pins the bill to the side of the glass, and hands it to him.

Reinholdt
2009-02-24, 01:31 PM
Butler heads in, drawn to another piece of the shard, the two of his in his short pockets. How many of them were there? The sooner he collected them, the sooner he could be a super-hero! And maybe impress Decker and Vidalia instead of relying on them to get out of situations.

It doesn't take him long at all to figure out Yasmin has one, what with being pointed to her and all. He'll walk up to her. "Excuse me ma'am. How are you today ma'am? I was hoping to ask you a favor ma'am."

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 01:39 PM
Like what? Yasmin says, raising one perfectly caramel eyebrow very, very slightly, as her own sense for the shards alerts her to.. something.

Reinholdt
2009-02-24, 01:51 PM
"You have a shiny stone, correct ma'am? I was hoping I could borrow it ma'am." Butler gives a warm smile.

It's about this time, the volcanoes all go nuts.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 01:53 PM
No. You... you can't borrow it. You... you can't have it. Yasmin says, quickly, rushed, not angry or scary-evil, just possessive. Like Butler had just asked if he could borrow her grandmother's antique heirloom, worth hundreds of thousands. It's mine.

Reinholdt
2009-02-24, 02:02 PM
"Hmmm... are you sure ma'am? I could really use it ma'am." Butler is worried. He hasn't a clue what to do if asking doesn't work. He can't just walk away and leave it, can he?

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 02:03 PM
I'm very sure. Yasmin says. At the moment, her slightly evil nature, though exaggerated by the shard's power, isn't up for doing anything but possessing the stone. Although. Why d'you ask? How did you know I have a stone?

Reinholdt
2009-02-24, 02:08 PM
From experience from the last guy who had one mostly. "I don't know how ma'am. I just sort of know ma'am." Magic confuses poor Butler. He sits down at a table not sure what to do next. She did say no. But he wants needs it.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 02:10 PM
She hands him a menu. She may be slightly evil, but she's nice. Why do you want it so much? She says.

Reinholdt
2009-02-24, 02:14 PM
"Thank you ma'am." He takes the menu. "Well the more I collect ma'am, the more powerful I can be ma'am. Maybe someday I can be as strong as Decker ma'am. Then I can be a superhero like Titan Ajax ma'am!" He gives a childish grin and imitates Ajax's dramatic pose from earlier. "Then I can really help people ma'am. As it is, I'm useless ma'am. I couldn't even rescue Czernov from being eaten ma'am." He pouts.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 02:17 PM
Yasmin backs up. For now, she's so dead-on neutral, with such minor leanings, that she's very much unlikely to take his stones from him, especially since he's so adorable. Well, I'm sorry. But you can't have mine. Instinctively, without realising it, she reaches up to the pouch at her neck, and lightly touches the very faint bump where the shard is, under her shirt. That's not grabbable, but her chain is.

Reinholdt
2009-02-24, 02:23 PM
Butler's too lawful good to just up and grab it. The growing possessive nature of the shards not that strong... yet.

He sighs. "Alright ma'am. I'll just have a Nuka Cola and sushi ma'am." He reaches into his pocket and pulls out the gold, accidentally pulling out the shard as well. He quickly separates out the money, while clutching the shard, eager to put it back in his pocket.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 02:28 PM
Sure, that's fine. Yasmin says, turning to relay the order to the kitchenstaff. Turning back, her head looking at her hands fiddling with her shard-pouch, which she's now absently pulled out into view, over her top, she says You shouldn't drink that stuff, it poi- Looking up, her eyes widen, ever so slightly. You have them too. It seems that hadn't quite hit her, before.

Meanwhile, outside, the lava is completely redirected away from the building, by the awesome magicks that protect the building. 'tis too big a threat to be allowed through.

Reinholdt
2009-02-24, 02:31 PM
He quickly stuffs them back in his pocket, blushing just slightly as if it was a secret. "Umm... yes ma'am. I found one outside ma'am, and another in here yesterday ma'am."

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 02:35 PM
They're so pretty. So.. very.. pretty. Yasmin says, with an entranced, bewitched tone. She bends towards him, slightly, her pouch dangling in the air...

Reinholdt
2009-02-24, 02:40 PM
"Yes ma'am." He backs away slightly, more out of possessiveness than fear. If he knew exactly what was in that pouch... he might... no he couldn't. ...Could he?

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 02:42 PM
Yasmin, briefly distracted, turns, her pouch swiiiiiinging in the air, oh-so-grabbable, as she takes Butler's order from a waiting cook.

Reinholdt
2009-02-24, 02:51 PM
Butler can only take so much temptation!
And two shards are telling him he needs another.

He'll attempt to grab the pouch and run like a catburgler, lost in his need for more, no longer thinking of anything else.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 02:53 PM
Oh, he can grab the pouch, easily, the chain breaking off, coming into his hands. Of course, Yasmin, lightning fast reflex fighter that she is, drops his order, almost immediately, and spins, simultaneously grabbing her rifle, and kicking his chair at him with one dexterous foot.

Reinholdt
2009-02-24, 03:04 PM
Butler gets tripped up by his own chair and falls with a thud. "Ow... ma'am." Since his back is turned, he doesn't see the rifle, instead using his catlike agility to rapidly stand back up and continue towards the door.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 03:06 PM
Yasmin, promptly, her eyes filling with tears as her mind instantly suffers from shard-withdrawal symptons, using her fighter-style skills, fires (using Multi-Shot) at Butler, with her blunderbuss-rifle hybrid, three times. Aiming for the back, and legs. She's a good shot.

Reinholdt
2009-02-24, 03:16 PM
Butler gets shot in the legs, somehow avoiding getting shot in the back, no doubt due to already moving. He falls to his knees with a yelp of pain, followed by a ma'am. Yet, he's more physically resistant what with not one, but three shards in his possession. He surprisingly stands up and keeps limping forward, something he should not be able to do normally.

Granted he's really slow now.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 03:18 PM
Yasmin reloads, and, running forward, fires at his thighs and hips. She's angry now, her face tinted slightly with angry scarlet blood, the craving for those stones ever growing.

Reinholdt
2009-02-24, 03:23 PM
And dang. Here I hoped the craving would go away after the ten seconds were up.

He falls to the ground having got shot again. He cries in pain and fear. "Please stop ma'am. I wish you'd just stop please ma'am. I need them ma'am." Butler doesn't know about the shards and wishes yet.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 03:25 PM
And, indeed, after those shots, Yasmin's.. furore (not the fiery villain, the ragey stuff) ceases, and, bending, she tries to grab his shards, and, indeed, hers, and put them in her bra, as she eeks. Oh, god, I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me.

A barman calls for an ambulance from Imperial Hospital. It'll arrive in YOUR next post.

Reinholdt
2009-02-24, 03:31 PM
Butler tries to protect the shards but this is only so effective, managing to hold on possessively to the ones in his pockets. Yasmin can retrieve her original though, as it was dropped on the floor when he fell the second time.

The ambulance comes and hut hut hut hut hut in come the medics who stretcherfy Butler and take him away.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 03:34 PM
Yasmin protectively puts her shard round her neck. And, quietly, the rage returns, but lesser now, as she lightly strokes her pretty shard, and returns to the bar, as the maids clean up the blood, giving the gunwielding girl a wide berth. Yasmin sighs. If she ever sees him again... :smallfurious:
((deadtime))

FireFox
2009-02-24, 03:56 PM
Noble deaths? Go work for GLoG, or HALO, or one of those other ones. They have enough crazy exploits for you to die in a perhaps-noble fashion, no? Yasmin says, as she pours him a whiskey, pins the bill to the side of the glass, and hands it to him.

Tobias snickers. No, no. They hate me there. Odd, how they claim to be forces of Good and yet are really monsters. The Selinites don't even pretend to be good... Maybe I'll kill them...

Almighty Salmon
2009-02-24, 04:35 PM
For once, I agree with you. A calm voice says to Tobias, next to him, leaning against a wall, is Nomlas. Those bastards even tried to kill me when I turned myself in, telling them that I was under Cal's spell. I'll never make that mistake again.

FireFox
2009-02-24, 04:38 PM
...I'll be calm with you, Nomlas. I want a satisfactory explanation as to why Amelia was kidnapped and was returned covered in bruises or I will have to hurt you. Be completely honest with me and perhaps we can work out something against GLoG.

Darkcomet
2009-02-24, 04:40 PM
DC arrives at the Taverna.

He looks over to Nomlas.

You might be interested to hear that Calublufiok is dead. Permanently.

Dirk Kris
2009-02-24, 04:41 PM
With a loud BAMF! Dirk appears, coughing quietly on the smoke caused by his teleportation. He stands and smoothes out his suit, his wings stretching our, shuddering, then folding back into place against his back. He clears his throat, looks around, and nods at the patrons he sees. He waves at a waitress, kicking his feet up onto the table until she gets there.

Almighty Salmon
2009-02-24, 04:42 PM
Meh. Nomlas mutters, as he boredly glances about the room. I was bored, and she was playing me for a fool, I just had to get my revenge.

Nomlas then turns his head quickly to face DC, as he appears in the Taverna. Really? He pauses for a few seconds, before cracking a small smile. So, i'm free then.

Darkcomet
2009-02-24, 04:49 PM
That you are. I'd say you're lucky he didn't drag you down with him.

Well, we can't say Cal didn't try.

What with the lava.

Almighty Salmon
2009-02-24, 04:52 PM
So, who died in there? The sick smile still plastered on Nomlas' face, as he asks Darkcomet. Did Raven die? Please tell me Raven died.

Darkcomet
2009-02-24, 04:56 PM
DC doesn't reply to Nomlas, merely heading over to sit down at the bar.

Almighty Salmon
2009-02-24, 05:01 PM
Nomlas' expression turns a little more stern, as Darkcomet walks away. Oh come on, not even going to answer?! He shouts, hoping to at least get a reaction.

Darkcomet
2009-02-24, 05:03 PM
The reaction is something of a telekinetic smack to the face. DC remains silent, though.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 05:04 PM
With a loud BAMF! Dirk appears, coughing quietly on the smoke caused by his teleportation. He stands and smoothes out his suit, his wings stretching our, shuddering, then folding back into place against his back. He clears his throat, looks around, and nods at the patrons he sees. He waves at a waitress, kicking his feet up onto the table until she gets there.

Yasmin, a pretty girl, who's described in a link from the first post, approaches him, a faint smile on her face. Also, to note, there's a pouch hanging on a chain round her neck, and a rifle-blunderbuss ish weapon hanging on her back. What can I get you?

Rebonack
2009-02-24, 05:16 PM
The previous night since the forum wouldn't let Rebo post...

The platypus seems dejected. It just wanted to give the guy a hug... The egg-laying mammal slinks back into its box to retire for the night.

As for Eltanin, he's pretty glad to be getting the shard back. Involves a fair bit of smiling and profuse thank-yous. "I can't express how glad I am that you're willing to help me."

The fallen star takes the shard in one hand, the remains of his heart in the other. The two pressed are together, a dull orange glow surrounding both as stones are joined once more.

Hooray!

Eltanin releases his heart once more, allowing the now bigger stone to begin hovering near his shoulder again. "Thank you so much. I'm feeling better already. Is there... anything I can do to aid you both? To repay you for what you've done for me?"

Whether a reward is given or not the fallen star will continue with his usual habit of dancing until sunrise, where upon he'll find somewhere reasonably comfortable to curl up and fall fast asleep.

The next day...

Rebo is glad that people are having fun with the stones. Just wait until later plot villains begin to show up!

Dun dun dun, maybe?

Eltanin is stirring in a nearby booth, the rather raucous sound of gun-fire having done a fairly decent job of disturbing him. A surprise that it didn't awaken him, really. Or perhaps not. His player was away after all.

He mumbles something in his sleep about bossy quasars, balling up a little tighter.

What remains of his heart is presently hovering just above his shoulder, glowing a dim sunset orange hue. The stone is a fair bit bigger than many of the minute fragments people around the Nexus have been picking up. As the gem hangs there in the air it practically throbs with celestial power.

FireFox
2009-02-24, 05:22 PM
Meh. Nomlas mutters, as he boredly glances about the room. I was bored, and she was playing me for a fool, I just had to get my revenge.

Just so we're clear, hurt her again and you die. Now. GLoG.

Almighty Salmon
2009-02-24, 05:29 PM
Some boyfriend you make, I wouldn't let somebody get away with that. But, Nomlas just shrugs the thought away, and continues to think about GLoG. So, what, do you have a cunning plan or something?

FireFox
2009-02-24, 05:33 PM
Nothing really apart from waiting until one of them leaves the base and then killing them. Or we can try to draw them off one by one. I can always pretend to be interested in "being redeemed", but that's far too obvious. One can always hire some of the local mercenaries... I think the best bet would be to set a trap, disguise ourselves as innocents and wait until they try and attack us. Tobias rubs his chin contemplatively and takes out his pipe.

Darkcomet
2009-02-24, 05:35 PM
DC, whistling innocently, gets up from the bar, and heads for the door.

FireFox
2009-02-24, 05:50 PM
Tobias fill his pipe and, nodding farewell to Nomlas, walks outside to think.

((Deadtime))

Rebonack
2009-02-24, 05:54 PM
Eltanin yaaaaaaaawns and stretches, blinking about blurrily. Seems fairly slow going in the tavern at the moment. Or at least that's what his blurry mind manages to register.

Though... Upon glancing out the window said blurry mind registers something else. Something rather important.

"Why is there lava outside...?"

Darkcomet
2009-02-24, 05:56 PM
DC glances at Eltanin.

Suffice to say, a threat to the multiverse ended with quite the bang.

And then he leaves.

Rebonack
2009-02-24, 06:05 PM
Which of course leaves him even more confused than he was previously.

He blinks a few times at the departing DC.

"Wait... what? What's a multiverse?"

someonenonotyou
2009-02-24, 06:23 PM
Sonny walk in and heads to the bar silently

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 06:29 PM
Sonny walk in and heads to the bar silently

He is given a menu. It's almost infinite. Enjoy eating or drinking nearly anything that entities can eat or drink. Assuming you has da cash, 'dat is.

Rebonack
2009-02-24, 06:31 PM
Ah, but who is Sonny? A pirate perhaps? A dire pelican?

Does he buckle swash? Does he seem mysterious?

Does he wear... a stylish hat?

All questions that may be resolved.

In time.

Eltanin, one of two PCs pictured down in Rebo's spoiler, watches the newcomer with some degree of interest. He is, after all, the only other person here at the moment. Or at least the only person who isn't apparently frozen in time.

"I... eerr... Good afternoon."

But wait!

What's this?

The NPC servers live?

What of the gal with the blunderbus?

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 06:33 PM
Yasmin's behind the bar, why yes. But her player decided not to mention it, as he may have to suddenly depart in the near and upcoming feature. Mayhaps she in unfrozen, now, yes.
Indeedio. The pretty lass hands Eltanin a menu, as well, smiling at him, cheerily. Her shard is concealed, now, in her bag, in her locked locker, in the locked employee's changing room.

someonenonotyou
2009-02-24, 06:38 PM
Sonny orders some food and a lot of drinks

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 06:41 PM
Sonny orders some food and a lot of drinks

Sonny is served well done rhino burgers in ciabatta buns, on a bed of thick-cut sweet-potato chips (with a little green salad on the side). Beside his meal is placed a glass of fine red wine, followed by the remainder of the larger-than-normal-bottle. And, of course, the bill.

Rebonack
2009-02-24, 06:45 PM
"Ah, umm... thank you," the fallen star smiles as pleasantly as he can manage as he's provided with a menu. And gets a little dizzy upon examining it. One wonders how an infinite menu is organized.

Alphabetically, perhaps? Built in search engine?

Stranger things have happened in a world where more often than not a wizard has done it.

As for Eltanin's still quite fractured heart it isn't hidden away in the least. No, it's just hovering there above his shoulder. All pretty and sparkly...

someonenonotyou
2009-02-24, 06:46 PM
Sonny starts wolfing down the buger and drinks madly

Kaelaroth
2009-02-24, 06:48 PM
Neither. Whatever you'd like appears towards the front. That way, you only get things you like, in great variety, and, what's more, you get to say you read an nigh on infinite menu. Of course, you can't be nigh infinite, you can't be ad nauseam minus a few steps. But, still. Sssh.

Yasmin's eyes widen at the heart, but even she's not currently fixated enough to go for someone who has a giant floaty shiny thing beside them. Floating. 'Sides, her shard's in her locker, and the withdrawal period's over. She's somewhat better for now. She'll take his order, and serve him.
((deadtime))

happyturtle
2009-02-24, 06:55 PM
A girl climbs out from under the table Eltanin is sitting at. Well, a grownup girl now, though she doesn't particularly act it. She perches on the back of a chair and peers at Eltanin.

"That's a really dumb place to keep your heart."

someonenonotyou
2009-02-24, 07:00 PM
Sonny drains the whole bottle no a is a little drunk
he stubles over to Eltanin ... who are you

Rebonack
2009-02-24, 07:03 PM
Big floaty shiny things are one of the best varieties of shiny things availed after all.

Unfortunately for Eltanin his experience with food is rather limited. Mostly because people in the celestial realms don't eat. But they do sleep. So go figure. But since losing most of his heart the fallen star has become much more terrestrial than he might like to admit.

Including the need to eat.

So yes.

Somewhat lacking. He knows a few varieties of fruit. And he had a steak the other night. And some potatoes. And while he did indeed have some ale he found the taste rather disagreeable. He finally settles on a baked potato with a number of nice fixin's and a few oranges.

Someone's going to have to introduce him to a greater breadth of foods.

No doubt the food will arrive next post.

Now on to other things, yes?

The fallen star is somewhat surprised when a young woman comes clambering out from under a table and begins peering at him. After a moment or two of consideration he decides to peer right back. "Normally I would keep it in my mouth," he points out. "But it doesn't seem to be the right size anymore."

Whether he's referring to the size of his mouth or his heart isn't clear.

"Oh, ah. I'm Eltanin. Or Gamma Draconis if you favor my more technical name. I'm a Celestial Dancer. Most terrestrials call us 'stars'."

happyturtle
2009-02-24, 07:10 PM
If anyone looks outside, they may see a woman sitting in a mortar flying over the lava. Occasionally she tosses out a handful of dirt.

Soon afterwards, the lava should begin to return to its proper location beneath the surface.

"I'm Decker. I've met your kind before. Mostly at the end of the universe. I haven't seen any of you on a planet before."

Rebonack
2009-02-24, 07:21 PM
"End of the universe? There's a nice restaurant there, you know."

Rebo couldn't resist.

At the mention of the rarity of finding his kind on a planet Eltanin smiles somewhat sheepishly. "Yeah... We usually try to avoid the terrestrial realms. It usually doesn't end very pleasantly for anyone involved. I didn't aim to come here though. I got knocked out of the celestial realms. Still not sure what did the knocking though..."

He furrows his brow a bit.

Nope.

Still nothing.

"Nice to meet you then, Decker," he blinks. Then tilts his head off to the side a bit. "You aren't human. I can tell that much."

someonenonotyou
2009-02-24, 07:24 PM
End of the universe? Are we going to die man i hate dieing i just got here

happyturtle
2009-02-24, 07:27 PM
"There's a little human on my mother's side. She was a swanmay. My father is a devil." And genetics went off into a corner and cried. But nobody cares about him.

"The universe probably won't end in your lifespan," Decker says to Sonny. "Unless you are longer-lived than you look."

someonenonotyou
2009-02-24, 07:32 PM
actually im like 10,000 ish i got this curse thing ... i cant really die well i can die die but not liek die ... stupid gods... stupid procaheysonny starts mubling about something

Rebonack
2009-02-24, 07:35 PM
Rebo cares about genetics T_T

Eltanin seems a little bit confused here. And the reason is pretty simple. See, he has no idea what a devil is.

"What's a devil?"

See?

Told you so.

The cosmology of his home-world is quite different from that which is most common around the Nexus. The various aligned outsiders simply don't exist.

And then? Sammy begins to complain about his apparently vast age. Due to a curse? "Long life seems like an odd thing to curse someone with."

happyturtle
2009-02-24, 07:35 PM
"Oh, well if you can't die, you'll probably see the end of the universe. It's pretty."

someonenonotyou
2009-02-24, 07:39 PM
oh i probly be dead before that on some other stupid adventure to save some other stupid world

happyturtle
2009-02-24, 07:45 PM
"Oh, that's easy. A devil is this."

And Decker shifts forms.

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/Goat_of_Mendes-1.jpg

someonenonotyou
2009-02-24, 07:49 PM
cool do and dwarf now or an owl bear ... oh oh do a Zora

Rebonack
2009-02-24, 07:51 PM
Eltanin's reaction is a little odd for someone who hasn't ever seen a devil before. He doesn't panic. Or get flustered. He just kinda... Scrunches his nose a bit.

He's seen features like Decker's before. But not quite in that combination.

"So... A devil is a human with a goat head and wings?"

happyturtle
2009-02-24, 07:56 PM
Decker shrugs, reverting to her human shape. "I think devils were before humans. But I don't really remember. Most of them are in hell."

Rebonack
2009-02-24, 08:03 PM
The star still looks like he's pretty much lost. At the moment he's assuming that 'hell' must be the name of a country. Or maybe a world. Regardless, it would be the home of these funny goat-headed winged humans. That can apparently change their appearance.

Though that might be a swanmay thing.

But they can only turn into swans.

After all, he's seen those before.

"So... You don't live in hell then? You live in this city?"

someonenonotyou
2009-02-24, 08:08 PM
sonny just sit at the bar drinking
(semi deadtime)

happyturtle
2009-02-24, 08:08 PM
"It's stupid in hell. Too much fighting. It's much nicer here."

Rebonack
2009-02-24, 08:19 PM
Eltanin's eyes go wide at this point.

Utterly taken aback.

"They fight more than people fight here?"

Sounds incredulous.

"Because people seem to fight here frighteningly often."

happyturtle
2009-02-24, 08:23 PM
"Planets aren't really safe places. You should go home," Decker advises.

Darkcomet
2009-02-24, 08:33 PM
DC enters the tavern, and sits down at an empty table. He waves to Decker.

FireFox
2009-02-24, 08:34 PM
Somebody tries to initiate telepathic contact with DC: I trust you told GLoG, DarkComet...?

Darkcomet
2009-02-24, 08:39 PM
Huh. So you were paying attention after all.

DC seems surprised, if only because he finds it odd that Tobias just let him go if he knew what he would do.

FireFox
2009-02-24, 08:42 PM
Well duh, I'm always aware of all parts of my traps. So I don't know when I can get this Nomlas guy to go for it, but when I have a plan and a date I'll tell you, got it?

Rebonack
2009-02-24, 08:44 PM
Rebo enjoys his chili. Mmmm... chili...

At the suggestion of simply going home Eltanin hangs his head dejectedly. "I... I can't. Not with my heart broken like it is. I need to find the rest of it first. Or at least most of it."

Darkcomet
2009-02-24, 08:44 PM
You're smarter than you made yourself look. I'll be listening. Might I ask why you're so interested in tricking Nomlas like that?

FireFox
2009-02-24, 08:47 PM
Thank you. He hurt Amelia, and I don't know enough information about him to be sure if I can take him in a fight. Since he doesn't like you guys much, I figure you won't mind a crack at him either. A sort of mental shrug. Some call it cowardice, some call it economizing strength.

happyturtle
2009-02-24, 08:49 PM
"Oh. Well here's nice too. It's just dangerous."

And with that, Decker falls into a deadtime-lined portal and vanishes.

Darkcomet
2009-02-24, 08:51 PM
Well, honestly, he's not that threatening. Annoyingly tough and can turn into whatever substance he touches at will, I believe. He's less dangerous offensively than defensively-it takes a lot to bring him down, and a lot to confine him. But I do understand your position on the matter.

FireFox
2009-02-24, 08:54 PM
A red fox jumps onto the seat opposite DC and starts sniffing at the table. Thank you. I would have gone to GLoG directly, but there is still some misunderstandings around.

Darkcomet
2009-02-24, 08:56 PM
My brother told me something about you setting the couch on fire, but that's about all I know.

He raises an eyebrow at the fox.

FireFox
2009-02-24, 08:59 PM
The fox shows its fangs in a smile. I went to retrieve a loaned cloak and diversions are always good considering they were mad at me... Of course, that's just really crazy.

Darkcomet
2009-02-24, 09:03 PM
Of course. I take it you have something to do with this fox at my table?

Outwardly, he yawns.

He really did need some rest.

someonenonotyou
2009-02-24, 09:03 PM
im back)
Sonny stubbling heads for the door

FireFox
2009-02-24, 09:05 PM
Nope. Not at all. I'll leave you now; work to do; plans to lay; gods to run away from. The connection is broken as the fox jumps down and vanishes out the door.

Rebonack
2009-02-24, 09:08 PM
Hmmm...

Well, let' see.

Eltanin has been enjoying his meal. That at this point he's run into a rather unfortunate problem. See, he doesn't have any money. Which isn't too much of a shock since he recently fell from the sky.

This leaves him in a rather awkward spot to be sure.

billtodamax
2009-02-25, 12:46 AM
Luke and Kael look at each other.
"Nah, we really don't need anything." they say. "'cept maybe for a drink." if drink is procured, then they drink it and stay in the tavern through the night. Luke looks over and asks:
"Can't pay for your meal? We'll field it."

Dirk Kris
2009-02-25, 08:29 AM
Yasmin, a pretty girl, who's described in a link from the first post, approaches him, a faint smile on her face. Also, to note, there's a pouch hanging on a chain round her neck, and a rifle-blunderbuss ish weapon hanging on her back. What can I get you?
Dirk takes his time, obviously looking the girl up and down. "The name of one as pretty as yourself would do me wonders. Failing that, however, a Bailey's Comet would be nice. You do know how to make one, right? If not, I'd be happy to educate you." His voice is slightly rough-sounding, as if he has a sore throat, his accent difficult to pinpoint. It's all at once Australian, Irish, and something else - melodic and flowing. When he smiles, his elongated canines poke out over his bottom lip, his orange-red eye and icy blue alike flashing with mischief.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-25, 01:00 PM
Dirk takes his time, obviously looking the girl up and down. "The name of one as pretty as yourself would do me wonders. Failing that, however, a Bailey's Comet would be nice. You do know how to make one, right? If not, I'd be happy to educate you." His voice is slightly rough-sounding, as if he has a sore throat, his accent difficult to pinpoint. It's all at once Australian, Irish, and something else - melodic and flowing. When he smiles, his elongated canines poke out over his bottom lip, his orange-red eye and icy blue alike flashing with mischief.

Yasmin raises her eyebrow. Of course I know how to make one. It seems, perhaps the roguish charm and ridiculous accents don't attract every girl. I'll be one moment, good sir. She walks behind the bar, and quickly fixes one up, sticking a little umbrella into it, before taking it over to him, bill pinned to the side of the glass with one of the eeny weeny sticky things.

FireFox
2009-02-25, 03:18 PM
Tobias walks in and goes up to his room.

Dirk Kris
2009-02-25, 03:39 PM
Yasmin raises her eyebrow. Of course I know how to make one. It seems, perhaps the roguish charm and ridiculous accents don't attract every girl. I'll be one moment, good sir. She walks behind the bar, and quickly fixes one up, sticking a little umbrella into it, before taking it over to him, bill pinned to the side of the glass with one of the eeny weeny sticky things.

Dirk smiles and hands the girl twice what the bill asks for. He raises an eyebrow as he looks at the drink, then deftly plucks the umbrella out of it. "Look out - that'll get in the way of the fire." He glances over to the bar and spots some cinnamon. Smiling, he hops up from his seat and heads over to get it. Returning, he smiles winningly at the waitress (whose name he still doesn't know) and leans close to the glass. He exhales softly onto it, and the top layer of liquor bursts into flames. He leans back and grins, then sprinkles some cinnamon onto it. The tiny flakes blaze brilliantly until they hit the surface, looking like tiny shooting stars. Dirk watches, pleased, then blows the flames out and tosses back the drink in one deft, fluid motion. He closes his eyes and savors it. "Mmmm, sweet, spicy, exotic. This is my favorite drink." He looks the waitress over again, a tad more respectfully this time, then reaches under the table to retrieve his guitar case. He opens it slowly, lovingly trailing his fingers along its black and white body before lifting it and settling it into his lap. He starts to strum it quietly, as if testing out a new piece of music. "So, now will you please tell me your name, miss?"

Rebonack
2009-02-25, 03:39 PM
Eltanin is still here.

Still here and he still has a problem.

A rather notable problem.

See, he doesn't have any money. And right now he's trying to come up with a suitable way to solve this issue. For now he's going to settle with waving down a waiter and explaining the difficulty to them.

Hopefully it isn't taken poorly.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-25, 03:44 PM
Dirk smiles and hands the girl twice what the bill asks for. He raises an eyebrow as he looks at the drink, then deftly plucks the umbrella out of it. "Look out - that'll get in the way of the fire." He glances over to the bar and spots some cinnamon. Smiling, he hops up from his seat and heads over to get it. Returning, he smiles winningly at the waitress (whose name he still doesn't know) and leans close to the glass. He exhales softly onto it, and the top layer of liquor bursts into flames. He leans back and grins, then sprinkles some cinnamon onto it. The tiny flakes blaze brilliantly until they hit the surface, looking like tiny shooting stars. Dirk watches, pleased, then blows the flames out and tosses back the drink in one deft, fluid motion. He closes his eyes and savors it. "Mmmm, sweet, spicy, exotic. This is my favorite drink." He looks the waitress over again, a tad more respectfully this time, then reaches under the table to retrieve his guitar case. He opens it slowly, lovingly trailing his fingers along its black and white body before lifting it and settling it into his lap. He starts to strum it quietly, as if testing out a new piece of music. "So, now will you please tell me your name, miss?"

My name is Yasmin. I'm glad you enjoy your drink. Thank you for the tip. Yasmin says, smiling, slightly, a mite mechanically at him, slipping the extra cash into a pocket of her dress. Then, rather quickly, she turns away from him, and heads back to the barcounter, tinging the bill's money into the ol' antique cash register, which makes a satisfactory, albeit rather disconcerting rumbling sound. She now turns to Eltanin, smiling expectantly, albeit, once again, a tad mechanically, holding out her hand for his money.

Dirk Kris
2009-02-25, 03:50 PM
Dirk raises an eyebrow and watches Yasmin as she moves around, still idly strumming at his guitar. "Yasmin? Pretty name..." He says this more to himself than anyone else.

Rebonack
2009-02-25, 03:52 PM
"Right... money..." the fallen star looks at the waitress' hand somewhat uncertainly. This may end up getting a little awkward, but he'll have to take a shot at it regardless. Really isn't sure how else he'll be able to manage to pay. "Could you... eerr... wish that I pay my bill? See, I can grant wishes. But I can't grant myself anything. And I... well... I'm kind of new here. And not really use to this whole money concept yet."

His heart-stone is still hovering there as usual, busy glowing away all pretty-like.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-25, 03:56 PM
You'll grant me one wish, rather than payment? Yasmin asks, raising one eyebrow slightly, as if this is just some scam. It seems this place has been scammed a couple of times. People didn't get away with it for very long. She's always been rather good with that gun of hers. Sure. How powerful will it be? :smalltongue:

Rebonack
2009-02-25, 04:12 PM
"How powerful? Eerr..." Eltanin glances over at the fractured gem that's hovering above his shoulder. The thing still looks rather pathetic to be utterly honest. One can just tell that it isn't as bright or as clear or as flawless or as large as it should be.

It radiates celestial power, yes. But not as much as it should.

"Well... Most of my heart is still missing. So the wish would have to be a bit on the small side."

Kaelaroth
2009-02-25, 04:15 PM
All right then. Yasmin says, deciding, for now, to humour the rather odd man (with his oh-so gorgeous, pearlescent floating beautiful thing that her hand sings arias of eternal praise). Right. Um. She blushes, suddenly, unsure of what to say in such a profoundly strange situation. Instead of payment.. I wish.. I wish.. I had magical powers. She blushes, again, brighter, suddenly aware of how stupid that sounded.

Dirk Kris
2009-02-25, 04:40 PM
Dirk chuckles, overhearing the exchange.

Rebonack
2009-02-25, 04:41 PM
"Okay... Magic powers... That's kind of vague, but I'll see what I can do."

Now the star is thinking. See, he's granted plenty of wishes in his time. Lots and lots of wishes. Plenty of wishes. And often times when granting wishes there's a fair bit of interpretation involved. Especially when someone's wish isn't terribly specific.

Magic powers could refer to just about anything after all.

But Eltanin has a few ideas, given what little he knows about the woman and where she works.

And so he concentrates. As the whole of his form begins to shine with a dim sun-set orange glow.

Yasmin may feel an odd sensation of warmth in her mind for a moment. And just as soon as it begins it ends.

Eltanin opens one eye. Then the other. His forehead is beaded with sweat now. And his complexion is somewhat clammy. That took quite a bit out of him.

"Alright I... I think that worked," he glances around for something to- ah! A dirty plate! He pushes that toward her. "Try making it float in the air. Or will it to be clean. Or change color. They're just simple magic tricks. But it's the best that I can do right now."

It should work. Though it'll take a bit of practice to grow accustomed to the proper use of the basic prestidigitations.

In other news, his heart stone isn't glowing quite as bright as before.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-25, 04:47 PM
Blushing furiously, Yasmin reaches out, slightly, unsure of quite what to do, and, experimentally, waves her hand through the air in two sharp strokes, like a conductor, and, with little to no effect of flashy whizzbang, the nearest beermat turns as pink as her current shade of lipstick. Wow. I thought you were... um, joking. Shocked, Yasmin starts to write on a piece of paper. This'll make your next three purchases here absolutely free. Thank you so much. Handing it to him, she deadtimes.

Rebonack
2009-02-25, 05:03 PM
Oooh.

An IOU!

Just what everyone needs!

"Thanks. I, well... I'm glad I could help," Eltanin responds in a fairly weak tone and with a smile to match. He looks like he just ran several miles in a matter of minutes. Generally exhausted. That one really took a lot out of him.

He'll still need to find a way to get actual money though.

Hmmm...

Uncle Festy
2009-02-25, 06:31 PM
The goblin pops out from under the table *cough undeadtimes cough* and walks over to Yasmin. "Can I get a Nuka-Cola?"

Kaelaroth
2009-02-25, 06:35 PM
The goblin pops out from under the table *cough undeadtimes cough* and walks over to Yasmin. "Can I get a Nuka-Cola?"

Yasmin, using her newly granted gifts, points at a nearby can in the kitchen, and floats it over to him, smiling at her own prowess. There y'are. She says, grinning, handing him the bill, too.
((deadtime))

Uncle Festy
2009-02-25, 07:06 PM
"Thanks," he replies, paying the bill and walking over to Eltanin's table. "So, how goes the search?"

Rebonack
2009-02-25, 07:09 PM
Eltanin has been...

Kind of...

Nodding off recently.

He didn't get much in the way of sleep today. His pattern is really thrown off. Way to busy during the day to get much rest and he's use to being awake at night. So please excuse him if he seems a little...

The fallen star blinks a few times. "Search...? What search?"

Uncle Festy
2009-02-25, 07:31 PM
The goblin looks confused as well. "Weren't you trying to find a bunch of hearts or something? You can't have mine, by the way."

Rebonack
2009-02-25, 07:45 PM
Yay, confusion!

Confusion is fun.

"I'm not looking for a bunch of hearts," Eltanin corrects. "Just mine. Why would I want hearts from terrestrials? That would be gross."

He bleches a bit, sticking out his tongue.

Uncle Festy
2009-02-25, 08:16 PM
"Hm, I dunno. Hearts are pretty useful in magical rituals. But I dunno if you're interested in that sorta thing."

Rebonack
2009-02-25, 08:26 PM
"That might be useful if I could actually use terrestrial magic. But I'm fairly limited in that way," Eltanin points out. And rubs his chin a bit, peering curiously at the goblin. "How come you're so curious? Have you seen someone else with a heap of hearts lately?"

Uncle Festy
2009-02-25, 08:48 PM
"Well, a friend of mine had a heart collection, but that's neither here nor there, as he's in another dimension right now.
Um. Why do you ask?"

Rebonack
2009-02-25, 09:02 PM
"Well... I'm looking for hearts. Or... rather heart fragments," Eltanin points at the pretty shiny floaty gem hovering next to his shoulder. "I lost them when I fell out of the celestial realms and crashed down here."

Uncle Festy
2009-02-25, 09:24 PM
"Ah, ok." The goblin trails off, not entirely sure where else to take this.

Rebonack
2009-02-25, 09:41 PM
Rebo's been somewhat bleh of late. Slow posting is apologized for.

"I should probably get back to searching," the fallen star finally concludes, glancing toward the door. "Have a nice evening."

Away!

Chas the mage
2009-02-25, 10:56 PM
A man enters, wearing a khaki blazer, with a slightly darker tie, and an even darker sress shirt. He has a white pith helmet (safari hat), with some design etches in a gold seal on the front. He has a fairly large wooden pipe, in which his is smoking tobacco. He has a generic looking monacle with a string coming off of it. In his has he has an old looking map. Behind him is a few men, wearing the same general outfit, exept their pith helmets are grey or khaki.
The smell of land to be colonized, and heathens to be converted!
the man with the fancy helmet says in a heavy british accent, and then the man behind him speaks up
Sir, all I can smell is profuse grog and your pipe.
uhhh... same thing...
definetly.

billtodamax
2009-02-26, 12:38 AM
Luke and Kael see that Eltanin didn't accept their offer to pay for his food. Oh well, such is life.

FireFox
2009-02-26, 09:37 AM
Tobias comes downstairs to sit at a table and think.

TwoBitWriter
2009-02-26, 10:20 AM
Jon comes back from a long undeadtime and smiles at Deryni and Yasmin.

"May I have another tea, please?"

Dirk Kris
2009-02-26, 10:46 AM
Dirk turns his full attention back to his guitar, not noticing Jon.

TwoBitWriter
2009-02-26, 10:48 AM
Jon notices Dirk, however.

"Looks like you finally found a venue," Jon says in a friendly tone.

Morty
2009-02-26, 10:49 AM
Michalson appears in his usual corner, as always seemingly out of nowhere. He calmly lits his pipe.

Chas the mage
2009-02-26, 11:22 AM
The man with the accent and pith helmet fixes himself some tea.

Dirk Kris
2009-02-26, 11:29 AM
Jon notices Dirk, however.

"Looks like you finally found a venue," Jon says in a friendly tone.
Dirk doesn't look up. "My venue is wherever I choose to play. I need not find one." He strums a power chord and smiles faintly, then looks up at Jon. "Are you following me, shapeshifter?"

TwoBitWriter
2009-02-26, 11:31 AM
Jon shakes his head. "I spend much of my time here. When I am not with Ms. Rabbit, I am with Deryni here." He motions toward the deadtimed woman.

"I have little else to occupy me, save for my occasional art, and time as an animal to please Ms. Rabbit."

Dirk Kris
2009-02-26, 11:32 AM
Dirk barks a laugh. "So that's what she's into. I took her for a necrophiliac."

Chas the mage
2009-02-26, 11:34 AM
Necrophilia!?
the man says in a heavy british accent, in a surprised and angry voice

TwoBitWriter
2009-02-26, 11:37 AM
Jon shakes his head. He doesn't quite seem to realize that Dirk is joking.

"You have misheard me. She likes my company as any small creature that suits her fancy. There is no mating involved at all."

He sighs.

"It is funny that once I used my shifting abilities to bring pain and death, and now I use it to perform parlor tricks..."

Morty
2009-02-26, 11:39 AM
Michalson puffs a cloud of foul-smelling smoke from his pipe, watching the tavern with a bored expression.

Dirk Kris
2009-02-26, 11:43 AM
Dirk smiles. "Funny indeed. So, you can change into anything or anyone, right? And so that means..." Dirk's expression changes, his smile disappearing. "Pain and death? What's that all about?"

Chas the mage
2009-02-26, 11:46 AM
The man wearing a pith helmet exits, with all but one of his henchies, which stays behind, and holds a rifle.

TwoBitWriter
2009-02-26, 11:49 AM
Jon nods. "I can change into any living creature... or person, that I wish. It has proven a useful, and sometimes entertaining ability."

Jon takes on a more sober demeanor when Dirk asks about pain and death. "I was created by my old master to be used as a spy and assassin. It was only when I began growing my soul did I realize what I had been doing was wrong. I fled my old master's service and came here, where Ms. Rabbit took me in."

Dirk Kris
2009-02-26, 12:00 PM
Dirk smiles mirthlessly. "Trust me, friend. Souls are overrated." His focus shifts, as if he's looking at something else, something far away.

TwoBitWriter
2009-02-26, 12:09 PM
Jon tilts his head, perplexed. He tries to follow Dirk's gaze.

"What is it you are looking at?"

Dirk Kris
2009-02-26, 01:05 PM
Dirk closes his eyes and shakes his head. "Nothing, man. Just thinking to myself a little too hard, I guess." He settles his guitar again, then looks at Jon. "So, what's Rabbit like, really?"

TwoBitWriter
2009-02-26, 01:09 PM
"I feel that I am perhaps not the best to answer that question, for my perception of her is colored by how much she has helped me. She severed my ties to my former master, and has provided me friendship and a home."

"I have been witness to some of her less admirable qualities, but I would die protecting her."

Chas the mage
2009-02-26, 01:12 PM
2 men wearing khaki pith helmets spand by the door, weilding rifles.

Dirk Kris
2009-02-26, 01:50 PM
Dirk merely nods. "That's what we call a cop-out answer, Jon." He catches the movement by the door of the men with guns and watches from the corner of his eye. "Look, either shoot someone already or put the damn guns away! You're makin' people nervous!"

TwoBitWriter
2009-02-26, 01:53 PM
Jon shrugs. "Why can't you ask her and find out for yourself? I always found her to be an agreeable person, usually."

Dirk Kris
2009-02-26, 02:11 PM
Dirk's smile is plastic, and it should be obvious even to Jon. "Look, there are two big reasons I can't spend any amount of time around Rabbit. First of all, she's busy, no time for the likes of me. Secondly, I'd have to be mean to her. It's just...in my nature. And does she want that? No. So...it's better this way. To admire her from afar, so to speak. And I'm sure I'm not alone." He chuckles. "I wonder if she's got a fanboy club yet?"

TwoBitWriter
2009-02-26, 02:16 PM
Jon nods. "I can see your point, to a degree."

"There are several who have been mean to her, and several that she has been mean to as well. And, I want us to be friends, and I can't be friends with anyone who is mean to Ms. Rabbit. So I agree with your statement. Would you like to share some tea with me?" Jon raises the half-full pitcher.

FireFox
2009-02-26, 02:45 PM
Tobias undeadtimes at his table, smoking a pipe silently.

Morty
2009-02-26, 02:47 PM
That would be two people smoking pipes then, since Michalson is still there.