PDA

View Full Version : Irregular Time Flow?

Texas_Ben
2009-02-23, 12:31 PM
With the deal offered V, sure he might only have to spend a few hours/days with each of the fiends... BUT, it is entirely possible that the time flow for the lower planes is different, thus meaning that a few hours/days on the material plane equates to much longer in the lower planes. There's already precedence for this sort of thing in the comic already, what with roy in the celestial plane (okay so that wasn't actually different time flow but still).

Just a thought.

King of Nowhere
2009-02-23, 06:34 PM
I don't think V has to spend time in the lower planes. I believe that the three will get the ability to control V's action, like an improved dominate person with no saving throw. With the ability to get control of a powerful wizard, they can get many things. They can use V to turn the fight for the gates to their favor, or they could have V summon a portal to the lower planes to help storm the first material plane...

Optimystik
2009-02-23, 07:46 PM
Even without actual temporal manipulation, I would imagine the horror of an hour in hell to be agonizingly prolonged due to perception.

Silverraptor
2009-02-23, 08:11 PM
Hell doesn't even have a irregular time flow. Remember when they were talking to Roy in the afterlife? It was not as science fiction as that.

So, No Time Flow.

evileeyore
2009-02-23, 10:48 PM
Hell doesn't even have an irregular time flow.

1 - Fixed it for you.

2 - How would you know?

3 - If you pay very close attention to those extraneous "negative" prefixes you've got in there (remember two negatives equal a positive) what you said was "Hell does have a regular time flow". Just sayins all...

Remember when they were talking to Roy in the afterlife? It was not as science fiction as that.

When who was doing what now?

Who was talking to Roy in the afterlife? And what webcomic were you reading this in?

So, No Time Flow.

I'm sure Time Flows just fine in Hell. Unless it has an epileptic log jam going on.

Raging Gene Ray
2009-02-23, 10:51 PM
Who was talking to Roy in the afterlife? And what webcomic were you reading this in?

I think he's referring to Roy's Archon, Horace, and Sara going on about how there is no irregular timeflow, it's all perception.

I don't think V has to spend time in the lower planes. I believe that the three will get the ability to control V's action, like an improved dominate person with no saving throw.

That's how I heard "we'll have your soul." Even if each of them only as control of V for 3 rounds, depending on what moment they decide to cash in on those 3 rounds, they could very well tip the balance of good and evil.

Haven
2009-02-23, 10:56 PM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0499.html) is a good strip to keep in mind regarding this discussion.

Anyway, my initial assumption was that each of them would get a chance to use him in a soul splice for that amount of time, but I'm not really sure why. "We'll have your soul" makes it sound like V will be in hell, metaphysically if not physically...

I'm thinking V's adventures in the various hells will probably be a counterpoint to Roy's in heaven, so I'll have to go with Optimystik's guess: V'll suffer the same condition as Roy, except no outside indicators of what's going on will make his experience seem longer, not shorter.