PDA

View Full Version : Incredible stats, what to build?

Heliomance
2009-02-23, 01:24 PM
The stat range I rolled: 18 17 16 16 15 15.
Starting at level 1. Allowed sources: Anything SRD or Crystal Keep. I was planning a Raptoran Scout, but those rolls need something special. What do you guys think?

Deepblue706
2009-02-23, 01:28 PM
Half-Dragon Bardarian.

hotel_papa
2009-02-23, 01:32 PM
Factotum. (Dungeonscape) Put the 18 into Int, keep bumping it up as high as it can go, take Font of Inspiration as many times as you can and take five or so ranks of everything. With those kind of stats, you have a rare opportunity to be the ultimate generalist and actually have a shot at being good at... everything.

If you don't want to step on other player's toes, though, that roll-up could make a very effective Duskblade, or the rare Batman-esque "Artificer-who-can-actually-fight".

Just some ideas.

Alleine
2009-02-23, 01:33 PM
Those are great stats for a monk! :smalltongue:

Kidding! Just kidding. Don't waste stats like that.

Hmm, human factotum/chameleon might be nice. Quite literally capable of taking on any role with stats to back it up.

Adumbration
2009-02-23, 02:00 PM
A binder would be nice.

Eldariel
2009-02-23, 02:22 PM
Make a triple threat. Head into some kind of an Ur-Priest/Sublime Chord/Fochlucan Lyrist. Bard 7/Druid 1/Ur-Priest 2/Sublime Chord 1/Fochlucan Lyrist 9, for example, would work out fine (you can trivially get Evasion through Dark-template (take it at level two, buy off at ECL 4), Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis). Obviously, you'll "merely" be a Bard with insane stats early on. It's a fine class to use 'em though.

For something little faster to bloom, a Cleric would be great. Or a Cloistered Cleric. Or an intimidating, tripping, control dungeoncrasher Fighter.

Draz74
2009-02-23, 02:25 PM
@Eldariel: Dark Template does not grant Evasion.

Oh man, too many choices ...

A basic Warblade can use all six abilities well. (WIS to cover a bad Will save; CHA for out-of-combat Diplomacy and Intimidate usefulness.) Moreso a White Raven Bardblade.

A "ninja" can use all six abilities well, if he actually wants to be good at ninja noncombat skills like Bluff and Disguise. For example, a Factotum 3 / Swordsage 17 build with these stats could make a great Ninja.

You could indeed have the casting stats to actually pull off a Chameleon who's good at multiple types of casting (and still decent at other things).

You could try to redeem a poor class, like Dragon Shaman. (18 CHA for a decent amount of healing, 17 CON for breath weapon, 16 STR and INT for melee and for actually having a decent amount of skill points ...) Paladin would work out similarly.

You could just stick with your Scout idea; I'm not sure how you'd put CHA to good use, but I'm sure everything else would work, especially if you went Scout/Ranger Swift Hunter.

Eldariel
2009-02-23, 02:35 PM
@Eldariel: Dark Template does not grant Evasion.

Huh, you're right. That was HiPS. Got my indexes messed up in my head. The correct template is Shadow, which is unfortunately +2 and thus involves many more levels before buyoff. And the item is obviously Ring of Evasion. Other than that, Spelldancer works, I suppose. Something like Bard 1/Wizard 5/Spelldancer 2/Ur-Priest 1/Druid 1/Sublime Chord 1/Fochlucan Lyrist 9 or some such.

Satyr
2009-02-23, 02:43 PM
With scores like that, I like to try to create characters who are normally subpar, because they suffer from massive MAD or something similar. And since I think that a Character who completely overshadow the rest of the group is just aas bad, if not worse than a character who cannot pull his own weight, if not worse. So with nigh perfect scores, I would deliberately chose a character which may be sub-par in questions of power, but who feels interesting and unique.

TheThan
2009-02-23, 03:15 PM
Full orc bard would be cool

Put the 18 in charisma, so it’ll be down to 16 (no too bad), the 17 on int keeping it at 15. The 16s on str and dex (bard with 20 str is zany), and the rest goes on your remaining stats.

Then you gotta name yourself “animal” and play the drums.

Heliomance
2009-02-24, 07:16 AM
It's explicitly a high powered game, but it's PbP so I'm not sure how high a level it'll actually get to. A good build in the early levels is more important than late blooming ultimate power.
I'm thinking Factotum at the moment, probably. Most of the others seem to be later bloomers.

Nohwl
2009-02-24, 07:52 AM
wow, good rolls.

i would pick a class thats pretty mad. you've got high enough stats to make it work.

Person_Man
2009-02-24, 11:24 AM
I would go with a Psychic Warrior or Paladin of Freedom.