Intiative: -4
Speed: Fly 10 ft. (perfect)
Armor Class: 14 (+8 size, -4 dex), 14 touch, 14 flatfooted
Base attack/grapple: +0/-21
Attack: Touch +3 (Converting Ooze)
Full attack: Touch +3 (Converting Ooze)
Space/Reach: 1/2' / 0'
Special Attacks: Converting Ooze
Special Qualities: Blindsight 30 ft., Ooze traits.
Saves: Fort:+3, Ref:-4, Will:-5
Ability's: Str:1, Dex:3, Con:16, Int:-, Wis:1, Cha:1
Skills: Hide +12*
Feats: --
Environment: Underground
Organization: Solitary or Swarm
CR: 1
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always true neutral
Advancement: 2 HD Fine
Level Adjustment: --

Floating Oozes are small dark gray blobs, about a inch in diameter. By manipulating their individual shapes, floating oozes are able to propel their naturally-levitating bodies through the air.

Floating Oozes are strange creatures that slowly move through dungeons and caves, searching for prey. While easily killed they form a threat for everyone who enters their hunting grounds careless.

Whenever a living creature comes within their blindsight, they are attracted to it. Any creature that they touch, is affected with the poisonous substance of their body. This substance converts the targets own body into more Floating Oozes. The new Oozes exit the body through the skin and start searching for other targets.

Combat
Floating Oozes don't use any real stratagy, they just move towards the nearestliving creature.

Hide in Plain Sight (ex): The small size of a Floating Ooze allows it to escape vision in shadowy or none light. Under those conditions a Floating Ooze can make a Hide check, even while being observed.

Converting Ooze (ex): Any living creature that touches the Floating Ooze must make a DC 13 Fortitude save or take 1d4 con damage. For each point of Constitution damage caused by this ability, a new Floating Ooze is created. These new Floating Oozes can not harm the creature from which they spawned untill 1 hour after their creation. The save DC is constitution based.

Skills: A Floating Ooze has a +8 racial bonus on Hide in dark or shadowy area's.

Floating Ooze Swarm

Size/Type: Fine Ooze (Swarm)
Hit Dice: 12d10+36 (102hp)
Intiative: -4
Speed: Fly 10 ft. (perfect)
Armor Class: 14 (+8 size, -4 dex), 14 touch, 14 flatfooted
Base attack/grapple: +0/-21
Attack: Swarm (Converting Ooze)
Full attack: Swarm (Converting Ooze)
Space/Reach: 10/0
Special Attacks: Converting Ooze, Distraction
Special Qualities: Blindsight 30 ft., Ooze traits, Swarm Traits
Saves: Fort:+3, Ref:-4, Will:-5
Ability's: Str:1, Dex:3, Con:16, Int:-, Wis:1, Cha:1
Skills: Hide +12*
Feats: --
Environment: Underground
Organization: Swarm
CR: 5
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always true neutral
Advancement: None
Level Adjustment: --

Some solitary Floating Oozes are succesfull enough to kill multiple creatures, its spawn often forms a lose group who hunt together.

Combat
Floating Ooze Swarms use the same way of attacking as a single Floating Ooze. They move to the target and try to touch them.

Converting Ooze (ex): Any living creature that is attacked by the Floating Ooze Swarm must make a DC 19 Fortitude save or take 2d4 con damage. For each point of Constitution damage caused by this ability, the Floating Ooze Swarm gains 4 extra hitpoints. The save DC is constitution based.

Distraction (ex): Any living creature that begins its turn with a swarm in its space must succeed on a DC 19 Fortitude save or be nausiated for 1 round. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Skills: A Floating Ooze Swarm has a +8 racial bonus on Hide in dark or shadowy area's.

Randomman413
2006-09-05, 04:34 PM
MitP Vote: Yes.

Winged One
2006-09-05, 04:43 PM
MitP vote: yes.

Oh, and you forgot the size bonus to it's attack.

asromta
2006-09-05, 04:46 PM
Yes, that is a really big thing to forget about a Fine creature. Its CR will be higher than.

fangthane
2006-09-05, 05:15 PM
Hmm, shouldn't the attack be 0 (base) + 4 (fine) -5 (str) = -1 to hit?

I know the halfling I ran with an 8 strength took a -1 on his to-hit, anyhow...

By moving their body, they propel their naturally levitating bodies.
quite the coincidence; by standing up, I cease to sit ;)

I get that they naturally levitate, but this could use a bit of polish to ensure it says what you want it to. :)

Does the swarm need to make a touch attack as well, or just move to occupy space? (I notice no bonus on the Swarm attack and haven't developed many swarms so I don't know)

asromta
2006-09-05, 05:29 PM
No, the attack bonus on touch attacks in Dex based, and Fine gives a +8 bonus. Thus: 0 (base) +8 (fine) -4 (dex)

It means that they make tiny movements with their body, they gain speed.

But I really can't think of a better way to say that.

The swarm only needs to occupy the space. I had just copied the text from the non-swarm version. I have changed it now.

fangthane
2006-09-06, 01:30 PM
Ahh, I'd forgotten that Fine is a +8 as opposed to just +1 per size category - I tend to deal with tiny-->huge stuff which is all +1 per stage so I'd forgotten it increases outside that range.

Even so, a melee touch attack is made using strength to modify it, unless Weapon Finesse is applied, so it should strictly be at a +3 anyhow :)

Given the intent, I'd change

By moving their body, they propel their naturally levitating bodies.
to this:

By manipulating their individual shapes, floating oozes are able to propel their naturally-levitating bodies through the air.

kanachi
2006-09-06, 01:34 PM
I like this, very nice work! :) gets my vote

asromta
2006-09-06, 01:43 PM
I really thought that melee touch attacks are modified by Dex, but as I cant find anything 'that says so I think you are right.

That sounds good, I will change it to that.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-09-06, 01:53 PM
MitP Vote: Yes.

fangthane
2006-09-06, 02:18 PM
Doh, meant to say this before anyhow (since the quibbles I had were basic mechanics and not flavour ones)

MitP Vote: Yes

As to the attack roll, I was pretty sure but I did some research prior to making the claim anyhow - and like you, couldn't find anything about using dex other than with Finesse. Not that big a deal anyhow though; touch attacks are easier to make by far and a +3 vs +4 won't put the average CR1 out of reach :)

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-09-06, 09:46 PM
MitP vote: Yes.

Tormsskull
2006-09-14, 08:20 PM
Very nice work OP. I really like this idea!

MitP vote: Yes