PDA

View Full Version : A god am I [homebrew edition]

kopout
2009-02-23, 09:47 PM
Simply put this is where all the stuff home brewed for "A god am I" goes.

zerombr
2009-02-23, 10:42 PM
I'm thinking of making an artifact that would be aligned with the Plane of Creation, to aid in my character's obsession with progression. (hey, that rhymed)

I wanted it to lessen the cost of certain actions, but according to the rules, I can only make it focus on one action, or gain 1 AP/week, so +1 AP it'll be.

What if someone assists me in creating it?

Athaniar
2009-02-24, 12:06 PM
All the stuff from what now?

Thane of Fife
2009-02-24, 12:30 PM
It's an ongoing game, I believe - I saw it in the pbp section.

zerombr
2009-02-25, 06:01 PM
I'm wanting to make a versatile race, kinda like Changelings. ones that could be strong and tough, then sleek and fast or whatnot, i'm not certain i know of a humanoid race that can do this, It'll probably be a LA 2 race like Changelings. Does anyone have a race I can base this off of?

StoryKeeper
2009-02-25, 11:29 PM
Maybe shifters? If you're looking for ability score adjustments or something like that, you might be able to use something like the shifters' different options.

zerombr
2009-02-26, 06:45 PM
thanks, that's a good enough basis.

Hey kopout, how far you want me to detail my race?

kopout
2009-02-26, 07:18 PM
as much as you whant

zerombr
2009-02-27, 09:13 PM
ok I haven't made anything from Savage Species yet, but this is a rough draft of what the Protean race is

+2 INT (Lukica intends for her chosen to be able to analyze easily)
+2 CON (She also intends for them to be hardy)
-2 CHA (They find it hard to relate to the other races.

Limited Shaping abilities, similar to Shifter class, but each one would have
3 of the same abilities

+2 Con +2 Natural AR
+2 Dex +10 footspeed
+2 Strength Natural claw weapons

Favored Class: Factotum

+1 LA (possibly more)

lesser_minion
2009-03-01, 09:27 AM
Songtouched (in progress) - basic physical description:

The songtouched are a race of musicians and artists from a small region of the continent known as Haven. The songtouched tend to be peaceful, but can be dangerous when provoked.

The average songtouched stands roughly 5'7" tall, and weighs around 100lb, with no real height or weight difference between the genders. They typically resemble humans, although they often have dark hair and unusual eye colours (including purple, red, green and amber).

All songtouched possess fine wings, resembling those of a dragonfly or an insect, although for most these have limited utility beyond being quite impressive.

In more recent times, most of the Songtouched were remade to be closer to their creator's image - in particular, these Songtouched gained functional wings, and the ability to breathe almost anywhere - even underwater and in a thin atmosphere.

They could also remake their wings into something more suitable for travelling underwater, as well as gaining massively heightened senses.

True Songtouched are a race with a +2 Level Adjustment, and the following racial traits:

Speeds: land 30ft, Fly 60ft (Average), Swim 30ft +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, -2 Constitution. The True Songtouched were remade with the insight they would need to resist temptation, as well as the . Enhanced Perception: +2 to Sense Motive, Spot, Listen and Search checks. The Songtouched can breathe normally in both water and air, and in situations where the air would normally be too thin to breathe (NOT, however, in a vacuum). Independence (Ex): A True Songotuched is incredibly difficult to threaten, control or bully, even by preternatural means. They cannot become cohorts, thralls, believers or followers. Additionally, they may always make a saving throw against any mind-affecting effect, as if it had the saving throw "Will negates", even if the saving throw is different or none is permitted. All such saves are made at a +2 racial bonus. Water sight. While underwater, a Songtouched can see out to a radius of 120ft. A songtouched does not have low-light vision, but under an open sky (even if overcast), can see as plainly as in day. This is a supernatural ability.
A True Songtouched's breathing in unusual environments, as well as her fly and swim speeds, are considered supernatural. A songtouched who is not helpless can use her wings to prevent falling damage, travelling a horizontal distance equal to four times the distance fallen in so doing. She may not use this ability if there is insufficient space, or if the damage was incurred by failing to recover from a stall.

I'm not too great on creating player races - they may need a slight nerf in order to hit LA +2.

Aldgar
2009-03-10, 02:38 AM
Iura Ciel's Epic Powers:

Learn Power
Telepathy(Mind-affecting)
Psicraft DC: 0
Components: Visual Display
Manifesting Time: 20 minutes
Range: Touch
Target: Creature Touched
Duration: Permanent
Saving Throw: Will negates(Harmless)
Power Resistance: Yes(Harmless)
To Develop: 0 gp; 0 days; 0 XP; Seed: Foresee(DC 17), Seed: Reveal(DC 19), Base Power: Psychic Reformation(ad hoc DC: 10+Level of Power(=14)).
Factors: Learn any Power(ad hoc +20 DC),Permanent duration(x5 DC).
Mitigating Factors: Increase manifesting time by 10 minutes(-20 DC), 56d6 Backlash Damage(-56 DC), pay 348 powerpoints(equivalent to 20 9th level spell slots and 8 1st level spell slots, ad hoc -174 DC(using Table: Additional Participants in rituals as guideline, and halving the DC reduction because this isn't a ritual)), Expend Psionic Focus(ad hoc -0 DC), Burn 10000 XP(-100 DC).

Learn Power allows the touched creature, which must be capable of manifesting psionic powers, to learn any psionic power up to 9th level, adding it to his/her list of powers known. The touched creature may now manifest the newly learned power as normal, and it is treated in all ways as if s/he had researched (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicPowersOverview.htm#independentResearch) it.

----------------------------------------------
Calculation of Final Psicraft DC:
17(Foresee Seed)+19(Reveal Seed)+14(Base power: Psychic Reformation)+20(Learn any Power) x5(Permanent Duration).

This equals (17+19+14+20)x5 = 70x5 = 350 DC before mitigating factors.

Mitigating factors: -20 DC(increased manifesting time), -56 DC(56d6 Backlash Damage), -174 DC(pay 348 powerpoints), -0 DC(Expend Psionic Focus), Burn 10000 XP(-100 DC).

This equals -(20+56+174+0+100) = -350 DC.

Thus, the final epic power has a Psicraft DC of 0, and can be developed on the fly.

Astral Juggernaut
Metacreativity(creation)
Psicraft DC: 0
Components: Visual Display, Material Display
Manifesting Time: 20 Minutes
Range: Close
Effect: One Astral Juggernaut(modified Astral Construct (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/astralConstruct.htm))
Duration: Permanent
To Develop: 0 gp; 0 days; 0 XP; Seed: Conjure(DC 21), Base Power: Astral Construct (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/astralConstruct.htm)(ad hoc DC: 10+Level of Power(=11)).
Factors: Extra Menu options(ad hoc +24 DC for 2 extra menu options per menu or +4 DC per choice), Can be called by a specific Incantation(ad hoc +14 DC) ,Permanent duration(x5 DC).
Mitigating Factors: Increase manifesting time by 10 minutes(-20 DC), 56d6 Backlash Damage(-56 DC), pay 348 powerpoints(equivalent to 20 9th level spell slots and 8 1st level spell slots, ad hoc -174 DC(using Table: Additional Participants in rituals as guideline, and halving the DC reduction because this isn't a ritual)), Expend Psionic Focus(ad hoc -0 DC), Burn 10000 XP(-100 DC).

Astral Juggernaut creates a permanent Astral Construct more powerful than others of its kind. The Astral Construct manifested possesses 2 abilities from menu A, 2 abilities from menu B, and 3 abilities from menu C(which may be traded for lower-menu abilities as normal).
This Astral Juggernaut may be called to the Material plane for 10 minutes using a specific Incantation.

More Powers may be edited into this post later, when I think of them.

For now, these are the epic powers of Iura, awaiting Approval.

The MunchKING
2009-04-01, 03:11 PM
Here's an entry for the Kitsune I did on another board, with some slight modifications for how they turned out in this game. Here we go... Kitsune, done in the style of an MM entry.

Kitsune
Size/Type: Small Humanoid
Hit Dice: 1d8 (8 hp)

Initiative: +0

Speed: 20 ft.
Armor Class: 13 (+1 Dex, +2 leather armor), touch 10, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+3

Attack: Bite (1d4+1) or by weapon.
Full Attack:
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Shapechange (Su)
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +0

Abilities: Str 8, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12
Skills: Listen +2, Spot +3, Move Silently +4, Disguise +4

Feats: By character class
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary, pair, large party
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually chaotic good
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +2

Kitsune are a species of fox-people. They tend to be cute and helpless looking, although they are really fairly tough (and have a wicked bite).

Grown Kitsune are still relatively small, being about half the size of a human. A more reliable method for knowing how old one is, is to count the tails. They have beautiful fox-tails, and grow more the older they get. One going through adolescence will have five. Most Kitsune tend to live around 500 years if nothing kills them off.

Ktisune tend to be pranksters and inordinately fond of shiny objects which they tend to "borrow" from others. They are inordinately curious, and thus enjoy exploring, studying, or anything else where there’s a good chance to learn the answers to all their burning questions. While they have no more inherent abilities towards Magic than any other race, Roberts imbued them with a form of shapeshifting, allowing them to assume the form of any humanoid or canine that pleases them.

Their organization tends towards a tribal level rather than the great nations that humans (et. al) are capable of. However this is mitigated by the willingness of Kitsune to Infiltrate and live amongst other races for some time. Kitsune speak Common as well as their own language. They also, having been created by a Water God, have no problem on ships, and are natural sailors and swimmers.
Combat
Kitsune tend to avoid combat when possible. Skilled use of their shapeshifting abilities will usually get them out of ordinary situations. When peacefully avoiding a fight fails, they prefer ambushes. Quickly they strike at an opponent, and then retreat hoping to wear him down with sneak attacks and sniping.
Shapechange (Su): Kitsune have the power to change into any Humanoid creature. They can also assume the form of an Animal, or Magical Beast if it’s based on a canine. This ability is usable at will. They gain any Extraordinary or Supernatural abilities of that form. They may use any class abilities while in the other form, as long as it doesn’t require a part the form does not have. For example, dogs are incapable of speaking and have paws incapable of the fine gestures required, ergo a Kitsune in dog form could not cast spells with a somatic or verbal component (and is unlikely to have his material components nearby).
Kitsune As Characters
Kitsune characters possess the following racial traits.
• Strength -2, Dexterity +2, Charisma +2.
• Size Small.
• A Kitsune’s base land speed is 20 feet.
• Shapechange (Su) at will.
• Kitsune get a +4 racial bonus to Disguise and Hide.
• Automatic Languages: Common, Kitsune
• Favored Class: Rogue
• Level adjustment +2.

Draken
2009-04-01, 07:39 PM
Here's an entry for the Kitsune I did on another board, with some slight modifications for how they turned out in this game. Here we go... Kitsune, done in the style of an MM entry.

Kitsune
Size/Type: Small Humanoid
Hit Dice: 1d8 (8 hp)

Initiative: +0

Speed: 20 ft.
Armor Class: 13 (+1 Dex, +2 leather armor), touch 10, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+3

Attack: Bite (1d4+1) or by weapon.
Full Attack:
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Shapechange (Su)
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +0

Abilities: Str 8, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12
Skills: Listen +2, Spot +3, Move Silently +4, Disguise +4

Feats: By character class
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary, pair, large party
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually chaotic good
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +2

Kitsune are a species of fox-people. They tend to be cute and helpless looking, although they are really fairly tough (and have a wicked bite).

Grown Kitsune are still relatively small, being about half the size of a human. A more reliable method for knowing how old one is, is to count the tails. They have beautiful fox-tails, and grow more the older they get. One going through adolescence will have five. Most Kitsune tend to live around 500 years if nothing kills them off.

Ktisune tend to be pranksters and inordinately fond of shiny objects which they tend to "borrow" from others. They are inordinately curious, and thus enjoy exploring, studying, or anything else where there’s a good chance to learn the answers to all their burning questions. While they have no more inherent abilities towards Magic than any other race, Roberts imbued them with a form of shapeshifting, allowing them to assume the form of any humanoid or canine that pleases them.

Their organization tends towards a tribal level rather than the great nations that humans (et. al) are capable of. However this is mitigated by the willingness of Kitsune to Infiltrate and live amongst other races for some time. Kitsune speak Common as well as their own language. They also, having been created by a Water God, have no problem on ships, and are natural sailors and swimmers.
Combat
Kitsune tend to avoid combat when possible. Skilled use of their shapeshifting abilities will usually get them out of ordinary situations. When peacefully avoiding a fight fails, they prefer ambushes. Quickly they strike at an opponent, and then retreat hoping to wear him down with sneak attacks and sniping.
Shapechange (Su): Kitsune have the power to change into any Humanoid creature. They can also assume the form of an Animal, or Magical Beast if it’s based on a canine. This ability is usable at will. They gain any Extraordinary or Supernatural abilities of that form. They may use any class abilities while in the other form, as long as it doesn’t require a part the form does not have. For example, dogs are incapable of speaking and have paws incapable of the fine gestures required, ergo a Kitsune in dog form could not cast spells with a somatic or verbal component (and is unlikely to have his material components nearby).
Kitsune As Characters
Kitsune characters possess the following racial traits.
• Strength -2, Dexterity +2, Charisma +2.
• Size Small.
• A Kitsune’s base land speed is 20 feet.
• Shapechange (Su) at will.
• Kitsune get a +4 racial bonus to Disguise and Hide.
• Automatic Languages: Common, Kitsune
• Favored Class: Rogue
• Level adjustment +2.

Your shapechange should be Alter Shape. If you limit the acquired forms further, by limiting them by the kitsune's own hit dice, you could very well remove the level adjustment completely.

zerombr
2009-04-01, 07:52 PM
i'm not too certain how much need we have to worry about LAs and whatnot. I know I just don't want to have to scuffle with Aldgar, since Iura has so much thought put into her feat selection and whatnot.

Draken
2009-04-01, 09:18 PM
IMHO, building your deity is moot. Deciding your SDAs is pointless. Even if you technically have "Create Avatar" you still have to spend the three AP.

On the other hand. It is a nice thought exercise.

Aldgar
2009-04-02, 01:15 AM
Currently, I'm going with the concept "If there are LoC rules for it, use those. If there aren't, try to stick as close to 3.5 as possible."

Oh, and I fully expect combat, especially large scale combat that involves armies to be completely different from DnD.

I just want to add fluff, crunch and factors that influence the outcome of combat to my army.

zerombr
2009-04-02, 07:04 AM
and that's kinda what is worrying me. that we'll have a largescale combat and there'll be a clash between you and me because you may end up crunching out all sorts of superior stats/feat distribution or whatnot, and I'm playing it by ear

lesser_minion
2009-04-02, 07:28 AM
Bear in mind that the divine combat system is actually very different to the D&D system.

Most of the simulacra are just Create Herald (hint: Heralds also make great generals for any armies you might be raising)

But, yeah. I'm making it a bit more explicit why I transformed the songtouched and started making guardians into immortals now.

The MunchKING
2009-04-02, 04:12 PM
Your shapechange should be Alter Shape. If you limit the acquired forms further, by limiting them by the kitsune's own hit dice, you could very well remove the level adjustment completely.

What's in a aname, that which we call a rose by any other name would it not smell as sweet?

But getting rid of the LA sounds cool to me.

Currently, I'm going with the concept "If there are LoC rules for it, use those. If there aren't, try to stick as close to 3.5 as possible."

Oh, and I fully expect combat, especially large scale combat that involves armies to be completely different from DnD.

I just want to add fluff, crunch and factors that influence the outcome of combat to my army.

Fortunatly, You aren't the only one to put some thought into it. :smallwink:

and that's kinda what is worrying me. that we'll have a largescale combat and there'll be a clash between you and me because you may end up crunching out all sorts of superior stats/feat distribution or whatnot, and I'm playing it by ear

Just be on the Good guys. Haven't you heard? They always win in the end... :smalltongue:

Bear in mind that the divine combat system is actually very different to the D&D system.

Most of the simulacra are just Create Herald (hint: Heralds also make great generals for any armies you might be raising)

CR 16+DR? They make good Front-line troops!! Especially against any non-devine threats in the world right now. I mean we're JUST starting to get PC classes, no way is any body even 9 yet, much less epic. :smallbiggrin:

lesser_minion
2009-04-02, 04:18 PM
no way is any body even 9 yet, much less epic.

Bear in mind that one week of real time is 300 years of adventuring, potentially, for mortals.

I think the point behind the level limit is that for the first 12 weeks of gameplay, mortals haven't bothered to invent the abilities of a high-level character, rather than because nobody can gain enough experience.

Also, no breaking the fact that heralds are free, or we WILL slap (limits on) you.

:smallbiggrin:

The MunchKING
2009-04-02, 05:40 PM
Bear in mind that one week of real time is 300 years of adventuring, potentially, for mortals.

Therebouts, yes. So I spent some 2-3 HUndred years teaching those goofs how to make some decent boats. :smalltongue:

I think the point behind the level limit is that for the first 12 weeks of gameplay, mortals haven't bothered to invent the abilities of a high-level character, rather than because nobody can gain enough experience.

I dunno, we seem to be at a SoD problem here. How would they EARN those valuable XPs as there are no encounters for them to "defeat" yet.

Also, no breaking the fact that heralds are free, or we WILL slap (limits on) you.

:smallbiggrin:

Look at the name sissa, look at the name. :smallbiggrin:

Godskook
2009-04-02, 08:03 PM
I dunno, we seem to be at a SoD problem here. How would they EARN those valuable XPs as there are no encounters for them to "defeat" yet.

Theoretically, doesn't a D&D game have an infinite amount of XP? Just get 20 hobgoblins together, and each day have the fight it out using non-lethal damage. When they get close in level, start fighting them yourself. As long as non-lethal damage is used, XP should eventually get where you need it to be, right?

Ya know, its really hard to learn D&D online. I can figure out how to craft an epic spell to kill whatever I want, but not how much XP I could earn from killing a dire wolf. I.e., the most obscure details of the game are detailed incredibly well, but certain basic concepts are either not touched on or are hidden in such random places as to make searchs and directories useless for finding them. I've looked all over for rules on things like "what is the multiclass penalty" or "how much XP does an encounter give you" or "when is XP awarded"

The MunchKING
2009-04-02, 09:15 PM
Theoretically, doesn't a D&D game have an infinite amount of XP? Just get 20 hobgoblins together, and each day have the fight it out using non-lethal damage. When they get close in level, start fighting them yourself. As long as non-lethal damage is used, XP should eventually get where you need it to be, right?

Depends on how lose you use "defeat" I guess. :smallbiggrin:

Ya know, its really hard to learn D&D online. I can figure out how to craft an epic spell to kill whatever I want, but not how much XP I could earn from killing a dire wolf. I.e., the most obscure details of the game are detailed incredibly well, but certain basic concepts are either not touched on or are hidden in such random places as to make searchs and directories useless for finding them. I've looked all over for rules on things like "what is the multiclass penalty" or "how much XP does an encounter give you" or "when is XP awarded"

20% for each class not within 1 level of your highest level class. (This doesn't count your race's Favored class).

Depends.

Depends on the DM, it can be per-encounter or he can count it all up to the end of the session and award one lump sum.

The problem with "How much XP does an encounter give you?" Is it's base on your level and how much of a challenge it'll be to beat the encounter ("Beat" doesn't nessisarily mean violently but that's the way most adventurers go.) The encounter has a CR, the charecters have levels, and there's a big chart to compare the two. That's probably one reason it's not online...

lesser_minion
2009-04-03, 05:15 AM
I was under the impression that D&D online had embraced the 'Story XP' rules fully - IIRC, you don't get any XP for an encounter, only for quests.

Godskook
2009-04-04, 04:06 AM
20% for each class not within 1 level of your highest level class. (This doesn't count your race's Favored class).

Depends.

Depends on the DM, it can be per-encounter or he can count it all up to the end of the session and award one lump sum.

spoilered, cause its kinda offtopic.
1.So, an Elf Barb 5/Fighter 4/Wiz 1 takes no penalty?
2.mostly answered
3.Moreso, I meant when does the player become entitled to it. Upon killing the enemy? Upon ending combat? Upon killing all enemies?(Like, if a party comes up against an overwhelming monster group and runs, except for the meatshield, who stays to slow the monsters down. Does the meatshield earn any XP for killing/defeating any of them?

zerombr
2009-04-04, 09:17 AM
[QUOTE=Godskook;5955204]spoilered, cause its kinda offtopic.
1.So, an Elf Barb 5/Fighter 4/Wiz 1 takes no penalty?
2.mostly answered
3.Moreso, I meant when does the player become entitled to it. Upon killing the enemy? Upon ending combat? Upon killing all enemies?(Like, if a party comes up against an overwhelming monster group and runs, except for the meatshield, who stays to slow the monsters down. Does the meatshield earn any XP for killing/defeating any of them?[/QUO

exp is earned upon solution of a problem or upon DEFEAT of an enemy. the meatshield in that case, assuming he survives, should get a pretty good ad-hoc bonus simply because of his self-sacrifice, IMO

kopout
2009-04-08, 08:44 PM
Pillbugs

* +2 Constitution, +2 wis, - 2 int, -2 char.
* Vermin (Intelligent).
* Small: As a Small creature, a Pillbug gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
* base land speed is 40 feet.
* Low-Light Vision: A pillbug can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
*Natural armor +3
* None threatening. Something about pilbugs causes creatures with an int of 3 or grater to classify them as not a threat, unless they are doing something overly threatening. (all NPC's are indifferent to them as a default regardless of how they normally react to others)
*Darkvision: Bugers can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and they can function just fine with no light at all.
* Automatic Languages: Common and Pillbug. Bonus Languages: none
* Favored Class: None. Treat a multiclass Pillbugs first class as favored.
* Level Adjustment: +0.

Intelligent (sub type) A member of a type that normally has an int of 3< is treated as being humanoid or monstrous humanoid for the purposes of gaining class levels.

Aldgar
2009-04-11, 01:25 PM
Behold, a crudely *drawn* worldmap thingy. It actually displays very little of the world, but hey, it's a start.

Created in paint in 4 minutes.

Yes, I have no artistic skill whatsoever. You may point and laugh now.

The green part is the forest of the arkun, the light blue is a big lake thingy, the yellow part is a desert. Mountains are the gray zig-zag line.

"A" represents Alexion

"F" represents the outer Arkun's fishing port town thingy(it's probably connected to some river or something, which leads to the ocean to the left)

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3738/worldmap.th.png (http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=worldmap.png)

Draken
2009-04-11, 02:32 PM
Zeta Kai is good at map making (very good, in fact).

zerombr
2009-04-11, 08:21 PM
gotta say I'm miffed, that you left off my race, I thought my guys were somewhat memorable, but I see otherwise now

lesser_minion
2009-04-14, 05:32 AM
I don't think anyone has really thought about it much.

I know that there is a main continent, which hasn't been described much, but is home to pretty much everyone so far. Somewhere on that continent, you will find Haven (a land-locked realm, and birthplace of the songtouched).

Haven is vaguely the same kind of latitude as France - varying in climate from a Mediterranean south (and the only real port of the songtouched) to a much colder north, nearer the largest settlement, Ariel (the second largest would be the port, which is currently unnamed).

I'm assuming that this southern sea is effectively a much larger Mediterranean, probably making Haven part of a pretty long peninsula. Much of it is surrounded by mountains, which the songtouched have done little to explore, and these mountains and hills end in hard coastlines, with few or no harbours.

Across the strait from Haven hasn't really been explored, although I would suggest that this is a completely separate land mass. I'd also suggest placing another, similar peninsula to the east of the continent. The size and population of the southern continent could vary. There may be a few songtouched and kitsune villages there.

If everyone agrees, I would also suggest that the inner sea be the one that is now being explored by the Kitsune - this would place The MunchKING's new island at the centre of the inner seas.

I think the Arkun forest is pretty close to Haven, although I haven't really explored any interactions between the songtouched and the other races yet. My suggestion would be to place Alexion on the northern continent, which makes it more likely that followers would be attracted.

Alber
2009-04-14, 03:55 PM
Well...if there's at least one thing we can gather from this map version is at least a general location of the Lawful (somewhere fairly near Arkun forest) and the Songtouched (near the mountain range, if verified by lesser_minion), neither of which have really been established. I could address problems but I think they're fairly obvious, plus it was just a quick rough draft anyway.

(Edit: This post was ninja'd by lesser_minion, the following was added after)

One explanation for why the songtouched an Arkun have not had any interactions, but still being close to one another (which is what I pictured as well) is that the mountain range zerombr mentioned bordering Arkun forest might be between the forest and the songtouched. I pictured the forest sort of splitting the continent in two (but not entirely), stretching east to west, with the mountain range to the north, the Proteans to the south, the sea to the east, and...something else to the west.

kopout
2009-04-19, 08:20 PM
Arriving soon to an IC post near you.

Igors
+2 Constitution, –2 Charisma, +2 int
size: Medium(5'2"ish)
type: Humanoid
Base Speed: 30 feet.
Graft Affinity: The Igors where created to be lab assistants and have perfected the use of the Grafting technique. Any Igor can take "Graft Flesh" at 1st level, ignoring the prerequisites normally associated with that feat.
Surgeon An Igor can automatically take 20 on any heal check if not in immediate danger and a 10 otherwise.
Assistant to the Madman: An Igor may chose to add a plus 4 circumstance bonus to all alchemy and tinkering checks made in his vicinity
spell-like ability:Gentle Repose 1/day caster level equal to character level
+4 racial bonus to move silently and escape artiest checks
+2 to saves against being sickened
+2 to all transplant checks
Automatic Languages:Common. Bonus languages: Any
Favored class TBA(thinking evolutionist if Draken makes them)
Aging: as human
LA+0
lands: Igors claim no lands of there own, preferring to live with others.
Names: Contrary to popular belief Igors are not all named Igor. They have some prity normal names thank you vary much and appreciate it if you call them by there names and not just "Igor!", how would you like it if some one yelled "Human!" and expected you to answer to it?

Organ Transplant (General)
Prerequisites:
Graft Flesh, Heal 10 ranks
Benefit:
A creature with this feat can transplant any organ from a creature to itself or a third party provide both the donor an recipient are of the same type (thinking of changing it so they can be of different types).

This process adds 1d6 years to the recipient's life span per HD of the donor up to a total of twice the recipients HD

zerombr
2009-05-04, 05:19 PM
i'm thinking over an idea here, not too sure how feasible it is. Consider the idea that a gods worshippers can be summed up with certain stats

combat
populous
science
wealth
magic

what if every divine action we did, changed/arranged these stats?

check this out

let's say Lukica's bunch is like this

combat :3
populous:2
science:7
wealth:3
magic:4

now I figure science is highest, cuz, well...you've seen her teach people all sorts of crap. magic is a lil higher than the rest since a deal of them are factotum and artificers.

So Lukica decides to teach them another large piece of tech, raising their science by 1 pt.

So the idea is that by keeping track of what you teach them, you have some basic stats to work with, to judge armies and whatnot. Every week or month or whatever, we could compare the kids, and award bonus AP to the highest in all fields except combat (since that is its own reward)

i'm currently considering it to be that a 'teach populous' will either grant 1 pt of a score, or +2 but -1 to another field,
'nourish populace' is obviously going to raise the Populous cap, probably by 2, and we'll say.... well, the sudden explosion of people somewhat lowered the overall wealth of the region, so +2 Pop -1 Wealth

so now we have the pestilences

Lukica curses the Songtouched with Idiocy, unlike the boons, the banes will simply lower an attribute by 1, with no drawback. so when Medea 'Enlightens' her people, she can choose to really punch it to gain +2, subtracting one from...say Populous cuz they're more interested now in books than carnal knowledge, or simply fix what I did to them

And we'll say every week, when AP rolls in, we can up one stat of the populace as their own evolution.

Now that I'm thinking about it, combat between armies could be something like

Combat + 1/2 Populace (basic size of the army) + 1/2 of one of the other stats, Mine would obviously use science in their army, all sorts of mechanical gizmos. so my combat modifer for the Proteans would be 7

then it'd be the +1d6 like in Divine Combat

Religious might be a good stat too, maybe even base your FP off of this

that sound interesting enough to anyone that I should work on it further?

lesser_minion
2009-05-04, 05:39 PM
I really like this idea, although it might be a bit more competitive than we really need right now.

A nourish populace would probably be a +1 to Populace OR Wealth, however. Guiding them to do nothing but er... stuff would probably raise their populace +1 and their wealth by -1 though. I'd suggest changing it so a 2 AP Guide Populace is +1 at the expense of -1 Wealth while a 2 AP Nourish Populace is a +1 Populace, +1 Wealth. A Nourish Land costs 3 AP and grants the populace +1 Wealth per week for free (but you can only have one).

Oh, and I think the results of a war would be Military + Populace + (Crafts, Philosophy, Technology, Faith or Arcana). I know Wealth is important, but if it's already limiting everything else, it shouldn't be double-counted.

I'd suggest also ruling that no stat can ever grow to more than double any other stat, as a measure to prevent players pumping one thing to high heaven

Possible attributes for a populace:

Populace Military Crafts Philosophy Technology Faith Wealth Arcana

At this point, Philosophy should probably still be more thematically appropriate than Science - you'd probably have a high Tech and Philosophy rating, while the Fallen would score highest on Philosophy and Crafts and humans would be high on the Arcana and Faith stakes (if we implement this, I'd suggest everyone picks two non-military stats to start at 2, has a 2 in populace and considers everything previous to be essentially subsumed in those scores.).

Vadin
2009-05-04, 06:03 PM
Comprehensive and balanced mortal rules are something worth pursuing. My take on it has been to reduce the number of stats to 3: Size, Might, and Wisdom.
Size: number of squares the mortal group controls, 1/3 of Size is added to Might and Wisdom
Might: a mortal group's offense score and their defense from mortals if they choose
Wisdom: a mortal group's resistance to curses and their defense from mortals if they choose

It seems you came to the same conclusion I did, that Bless and Teach Populace actions should be combined into the same 1 AP action. Because there were so few stats, I decided that the number of Blesses a group could have should be limited. Limited to what, though? Twice the number of Advancements a group has sounded appropriate.

Advancements in my set-up currently are like what Concepts are. Advancements, however, come in levels. An example- Forging 1: Copper would grant +2 to one stat and -1 to another (or +1 to Size and -1 to another stat), but Forging 2: Bronze would grant +1 to two stats (or +1 to Size). To get a level 2 Advancement, a group must have a level 1 Advancement besides the one being leveled up. To get a level 3 Advancement, a group must have a level 2 Advancement besides the one being leveled up. All odd level Advancements grant +2, -1 and all even level Advancements grant +1, +1.

A problem that arises when you give mortals their own rules is how they can help themselves. I decided that the only way mortals could help themselves would be through winning things against other mortals. Every successful attack or defense would get the attacker or defender one of the enemy's Advancements (which the enemy then loses). How do you plan to do this?

This is all based on the premise that a player is playing both a god and a group of mortals, of course. Not all players would want to have to worry about keeping track of a group.

[PS- Look for this game to start in a few weeks. If anyone here is interested, send me a PM.]

zerombr
2009-05-04, 07:16 PM
hmm what I like about the idea is that it stats out the populace better than our guesswork

i don't agree with mortals only progressing when they fight, while useful, It just seems to me that everyone'll be kickin each others butts

LM's concept interests me
so let's discuss that for a moment

* Populace
* Military
* Crafts
* Philosophy
* Technology
* Faith
* Wealth
* Arcana

ok well some of these are easy to figure out, but i think it'd be good if each stat meant something. After all, if combat ability is....wait
ok let's try this...

Combat Might - Military & Populace
Wealth Might - Technology & Wealth
Magical Might - Arcana & Craft
Religious Might - Faith & Philosophy
(Ok this sounds a bit silly but I'm thinking in terms of conversion, like what happened to the vikings)

so let's say we have 8 stats, and four Mights attached to each

so each style can be used to levy against the others. This sounds like an interesting start!

Vadin
2009-05-04, 07:19 PM
i don't agree with mortals only progressing when they fight, while useful, It just seems to me that everyone'll be kickin each others butts

Gods can also progress them.

zerombr
2009-05-04, 07:29 PM
oh naturally, that's half the point of why we're toying with this system. It just seems to me that combatting another side doesn't always lead to progress. Now with this Might system, as I'm trademarking it as, flexing the ole Wealth muscle or whatever might lead to a point bonus somewhere, however I think it should be at most one time a week.

On the subject of Guide Populace, and bestowing knowledge, I say we can genericize the tech bestowed to a degree.

you could just Teach:Faith or specify if that's more your taste, it helps add to the flavor without worrying about flowcharts and progression tables

you want to Teach:Gunpowder to a lvl 1 Science society?

Sure, but they're just using the utmost basics of it, lines of powder set to burn to ward off enemies. Must've gotten the ratio by accident.

zerombr
2009-05-05, 09:22 AM
i went back through the game and annotated my actions for my people and was surprised that I've done less for them than I had thought...maybe I missed a bunch of Gatz' stuff. well anyhoo before the 1/week bonus, here's how I'm sitting

wealth 0
magic 2
military 3
tech 1
crafts 1
faith 0
populous 3

i threw my 2 of my classes into military, 2 into magic, 2 into populous (factotum and chameleon) since I figured that was more of an over-all bonus

some of the knowledge I've bestowed was more military than tech....now I'm certain I missed out on something. oh well, using the example my guys are suceptable to domination by wealth and by conversion.

the last one fits well, as Lukica doesn't ask her worshipers to pray to her, only to follow the path

so now let's add 10 pts, for that's about as many roll-overs as we've had

wealth 0 +2 = 2
magic 2 +2 = 4
military 3 = 3
tech 1 +3 = 4
crafts 1 +2 = 3
faith 0 +1 = 1
populous 3 +1 = 4

this is a bit better, the Proteans are the 2nd oldest race, so a good 4 in populous works for them, they are advanced in magic and technology, supplementing their military might, and have little trade with outside races.

The MunchKING
2009-05-05, 11:06 PM
i went back through the game and annotated my actions for my people and was surprised that I've done less for them than I had thought...maybe I missed a bunch of Gatz' stuff. well anyhoo before the 1/week bonus, here's how I'm sitting

Well as a comparison, lets see how I compare.

wealth 0
magic 2
military 3
tech 1
crafts 1
faith 0
populous 3

wealth 0
magic 1
military 1
tech 1
crafts 0
faith 0
populous 3

Of course that's only stuff I spent AP on, and that directly affected my populace, It leaves off stuff like establishing trade routes with the Arkun, the Arkun defecting to my banner, or the time they went in a boat building frenzy for Blackwater (which I never got to use). And the faith stat doesn't take into account the inherrent Faithfulness of a people when their God lives and walks amongst them. :smalltongue:

But those are the sort of incidental things that are supposed to be covered by the 1 point per week?

i threw my 2 of my classes into military, 2 into magic, 2 into populous (factotum and chameleon) since I figured that was more of an over-all bonus

Let's see here I did 1 pop for a nourish, 1 for making them (got to start with SOME populous) :smallwink:

Boats, could have gone under a bunch of catagories, military, wealth, crafts. So I compromised and called it tech.

I invented clerical magic, and gave my people clerics and Paladins. So I called that one military class and one magic class.

And one more pop for creating the Tanuki.

So I've got 6 points to your ten. Souns like you've been doing enough. :smallwink:

Of course that's assuming I used that scale right rather than the +2/-1 standard you were talking about earlier.

some of the knowledge I've bestowed was more military than tech....now I'm certain I missed out on something. oh well, using the example my guys are suceptable to domination by wealth and by conversion.

Funny, mine say the same thing. :smallconfused:

Which shouldn't really be right...

the last one fits well, as Lukica doesn't ask her worshipers to pray to her, only to follow the path

so now let's add 10 pts, for that's about as many roll-overs as we've had

wealth 0 +2 = 2
magic 2 +2 = 4
military 3 = 3
tech 1 +3 = 4
crafts 1 +2 = 3
faith 0 +1 = 1
populous 3 +1 = 4

this is a bit better, the Proteans are the 2nd oldest race, so a good 4 in populous works for them, they are advanced in magic and technology, supplementing their military might, and have little trade with outside races.

wealth 0 +4 =4
magic 1 +1 =2
military 1 +1 =2
tech 1
crafts 0
faith 0+3= 3
populous 3 +1 =4

Or something like that... I could probably make it a bit better/more accurate, but that would do for an example...

zerombr
2009-05-06, 07:13 PM
i think it represents pretty well so far. The time you accepted the Arkun into the fold, would be represented by the +1 Populace for that week, as your guys were more into saving them than working on trade routes.

your civ is a bit younger than mine, thus my point advantage, but that can easily be fixed by you keeping up your work.

My wonder is that maybe 'craft' isn't an appropriate stat, since we also have technology.

Vadin
2009-05-06, 08:26 PM
My wonder is that maybe 'craft' isn't an appropriate stat, since we also have technology.

Perhaps 'Production' or 'Industry' would be better.

The MunchKING
2009-05-07, 12:39 AM

I was kind of wondering what it entailed...

zerombr
2009-05-07, 11:34 AM
this particular part of homebrew has its own thread now

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110853