PDA

View Full Version : Something Silly Discovered

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-02-24, 12:01 AM
Okay, this happened at my last gaming session, and it was funny enough to share...

One of my players has an Unarmed Swordsage, and has a Monk's Belt. He's doing 1d10+5 with his primary attack, and is angling to be getting into Bloodclaw Master in a couple of levels.

Well, my handwriting is a bit... sloppy. So when I wrote it, he started laughing his arse off. I asked him what was so funny...

Well, I wrote the plus sign a bit large, so it looked like a 't'

so it looked like 1d10ts... or... idiots

This is, by the way, the dumbest character in the campaign, which made it all the more fitting.

So the next time a player does something REALLY stupid... tell him "dude... that just did 1d10+5"...

Shades of Gray
2009-02-24, 12:02 AM
Hah, same thing happened with my Bastard sword wielding Paladin two weeks ago. He was the team leader, but had a respectable INT of 14.

monty
2009-02-24, 12:11 AM
In our Heavy Gear game, I had a Vibro-Rapier installed on my gear. Apparently, the second "i" was hard to read. This was exacerbated because they noticed it shortly after I had used it to kill someone from behind.

Heliomance
2009-02-24, 03:15 AM
Okay, this happened at my last gaming session, and it was funny enough to share...

One of my players has an Unarmed Swordsage, and has a Monk's Belt. He's doing 1d10+5 with his primary attack, and is angling to be getting into Bloodclaw Master in a couple of levels.

Well, my handwriting is a bit... sloppy. So when I wrote it, he started laughing his arse off. I asked him what was so funny...

Well, I wrote the plus sign a bit large, so it looked like a 't'

so it looked like 1d10ts... or... idiots

This is, by the way, the dumbest character in the campaign, which made it all the more fitting.

So the next time a player does something REALLY stupid... tell him "dude... that just did 1d10+5"...

One of the most common errors that computer support guys have to deal with is known as an ID-ten-T error.

JeminiZero
2009-02-24, 03:23 AM
One of the most common errors that computer support guys have to deal with is known as an ID-ten-T error.

And thus, 1337-speak was born.

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-02-24, 12:15 PM

Absolutely. Even more so, you deal with a lot of I/O (Idiot Operators... kudos to anyone who finds this particularly punny, it's been a while) and GIGO errors

Izmir Stinger
2009-02-24, 01:13 PM
Absolutely. Even more so, you deal with a lot of I/O (Idiot Operators... kudos to anyone who finds this particularly punny, it's been a while) and GIGO errors

Don't forget PEBKaC errors.

Drascin
2009-02-24, 02:09 PM
Don't forget PEBKaC errors.

This one, I don't know the meaning of. Mind elaborating?

Fax Celestis
2009-02-24, 02:12 PM
Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair.

Zherog
2009-02-24, 02:12 PM
problem exists between keyboard and chair

edit: bah! Darn you, Fax! Darn you to heck for ninja'ing me!

Fax Celestis
2009-02-24, 02:16 PM
edit: bah! Darn you, Fax! Darn you to heck for ninja'ing me!

CURSE YOU, AQUA SCUM! CUUUUUUUURSE YOOOOOOOOUuuuuuuuuuu....

vegetalss4
2009-02-24, 03:13 PM
Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair.

funny in my country we call that a "fault 40"
the cause of the fault is 40 cm from the screen