PDA

View Full Version : Geomancer w/ 9th level Wizard spells

Tubercular Ox
2009-02-24, 01:45 PM
Would Spell Versatility 9 allow you to DMM Persist Shapechange?

Is there an easier/better way to do it?

Temp.
2009-02-24, 02:23 PM
Would Spell Versatility 9 allow you to DMM Persist Shapechange? Yup.

Is there an easier/better way to do it? Well... there's always the Animal, Scalykind (PGtF) and Transformation (RoE) doamins.

Or Druid/[Contemplative]/Sacred Exorcist.

Or Anima Mage.

[edit:] You know it has a 3+ hour duration when you cast it normally, right? Persist is only really worthwhile if you wouldn't have a spell in effect ahead of time.

Zincorium
2009-02-24, 02:27 PM
Can you do it? Yes.

Would it be better to just get a wand of shapechange and cast it when it will actually be useful? Probably. Geomancer is absurdly good in a gestalt game. Significantly less so in regular rules.

DMM persist is worth it when it's absurdly low cost, if there's a strong opportunity cost (and 13 levels, three of which are a non-wizard class you'll never really use again, is a heck of a big one) it's still cheesy but not really desirable cheese, more the 'man, it'll kinda suck and the DM will probably still yell at me' sort.

Tubercular Ox
2009-02-24, 03:24 PM
[edit:] You know it has a 3+ hour duration when you cast it normally, right? Persist is only really worthwhile if you wouldn't have a spell in effect ahead of time.

No, I did not. I'm not the most attentive person. >.>

I just thought it sounded cool. "Persisted Shapechange!"

Swooper
2009-02-24, 07:57 PM
Would it be better to just get a wand of shapechange and cast it when it will actually be useful? Probably.
Would be, yes, but wands only take up to 4th level spells.

Geomancer is absurdly good in a gestalt game. Significantly less so in regular rules.
Fork yes. Take that, Mystic Theurge! :smallamused:

Tubercular Ox
2009-02-24, 08:37 PM
Okay, I have been looking and looking, both here and gleemax, but while I can find lists of spells that can be persisted, I cannot find lists of spells that should be persisted. Other than divine power. Can someone link me somewhere or something?