PDA

View Full Version : Published adventure for two players?

Glyphic
2009-02-24, 04:46 PM
Hey Gitp!

I'm headed over to a friends house for the night, and short of the hodge-podge of board games I'm bringing, I wish to have something prepped for Dnd. I've nearly every addition at my fingertips (basic, 2nd edition, 3.x, 4th) and was wondering if there was a quick, two PC (three people total) adventure module out there, either published or by a Play grounder.

I'd prefer some low level treasure seeking, possibly in a desert. Any help is much appreciated!

hotel_papa
2009-02-24, 05:27 PM
I seriously doubt that anyone has published any material intended for use with only two PCs. The game kinda assumes you're running a party of four. However, consider running a gestalt (Unearthed Arcana or the d20SRD) game, which will allow two players to fill the usual niches of warrior, blaster, healer and expert. Tone down the usual battles by one or two CRs (you kinda have to play gestalt campaigns by ear) and you should be fine.

As for encounters in deserts, check out Sandstorm, specifically the adventure seeds in the back of the book.

Good luck.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-02-24, 06:15 PM
I typically design 2 player adventures, though mine use my funky house rules.

What level do you want? I could email/PM you one.

Glyphic
2009-02-24, 06:19 PM
Ah! And Olo makes the save. :p

Level depends alot of the system. I'm gonna pm you some contact info, and we'll hash it out.

Waspinator
2009-02-24, 07:59 PM
You're probably best off making a DMPC a level or two lower than the actual PCs to try to fill in whatever gaps they leave. Like, if they want to play a melee guy and a divine caster, make a beguiler or something.

Lycan 01
2009-02-24, 08:29 PM
Wing it? :smallbiggrin:

No seriously, just write up the setting, then keep some notecards with random monster stats on them. Set up a rough outline of the plot (foribidden tomb in the desert, must speak with wise man in a forgotten village to get hints, need gem from the bottom of an oasis lake to unlock door to tomb, baddies infest tomb), and then keep stats on hand for possible enemies they may bump into. If the enemy is too hard, tone them down a bit. Shouldn't be too hard. :smallsmile:

Graymayre
2009-02-24, 08:30 PM
I seriously doubt that anyone has published any material intended for use with only two PCs.

You'll be surprised to know that I actually own a 2nd ed. quest book intended for "1 sixth level druid"

I couldn't believe it either!

Jack_Simth
2009-02-24, 09:07 PM
IHowever, consider running a gestalt (Unearthed Arcana or the d20SRD) game, which will allow two players to fill the usual niches of warrior, blaster, healer and expert.
Gestalt actually works quite well with that - if one plays a Druid//Sorcerer (or Druid//Wizard; Druid//Beguiler can also work, but cuts down on the utility belt role), and the other plays a Druid//Rogue (or Druid//Ninja; Druid//Beguiler or Druid//Factotum also work well - there's several flavors of skillmonkey), you get all four roles covered (Band-Aid? Check - both are Druids, who have healing 90% covered. Meatshield? Check - both are Druids, who have Animal Companions to have melee 80% covered, and both get decent d8 hit dice. Arcanist? Check. Skillmonkey? Check), get all four turns per combat round (Two from players, two from animal companions = 4). Past about mid levels, though, the animal companions can't cover the meatshield role effectively ... but at that point, they've come into their own as Druids, so....

A big warning about Gestalt, though - unless the players are reasonably canny, they've got higher stat requirements than normal - you'll likely want to use a higher point buy than normal.