PDA

View Full Version : Vote Up A Villain: But When? [Poll Closed]

afroakuma
2009-02-24, 06:15 PM
The most recent round of Vote Up A Villain seemed to see a large dropoff in votes and voter interest. I'm not sure whether it's just burnout from the glut of VUAs, or an uninspiring past few rounds, or simply a lack of compelling bandwagons.

Whatever the case may be, the fact remains that a milestone round approaches, and I'd like it to be fun for everyone. So I put it to you, my audience: when would you like to see the next round?

Poll Closed

{table=head]When Should The Next Contest Begin?|Votes
Tomorrow|2
2 days (Thursday)|
The weekend|1
One week|9
Two weeks|
One month|
Finish VUACS, then we'll talk|7
Never|
[/table]

Mercenary Pen
2009-02-24, 06:19 PM
Main problem for me has been the number of downtimes on the forums, the fact that I've started finding other ways to use my time instead...

That being said, I'd like to see VUACS finished ASAP, so- to put it properly in bold type- Finish VUACS and we'll talk

MammonAzrael
2009-02-24, 06:39 PM
I agree that forum down times have been a very large contributor to reduced voting. And while I do look forward to what you guys come up with for VUAC, I don't want to wait that long for lever #2.

I'm going to say One Week. (Start next Monday)

Zeta Kai
2009-02-24, 06:55 PM
I shall vote for One Week, for the same reasons as those given above. I agree that the forum instability has contributed greatly to the lower turn-out. Also, the glut of VUAx projects has flooded the market, so to speak. And the VUACS, although progressing steadily & is still going quite strong, needs to be completed as soon as possible, for the benefit of all involved.

Llama231
2009-02-24, 07:11 PM
One Week seems reasonable to me too.
The next one should definitely be epic again, if only to attract even more attention.

thegurullamen
2009-02-24, 07:21 PM
Weekend Warriors! Save it for Saturday.

shadowxknight
2009-02-24, 07:44 PM
I say Finish VUACS, then we'll talk.

Surely upon the completion of VUACS the voters will return to the homebrew forum.

The Mentalist
2009-02-24, 07:47 PM
Tomorrow but I'm a patient person.

Juhn
2009-02-24, 07:52 PM
If the delaying of VUAV will give any speed to the completion of VUACS, I'm gonna have to vote for that. Voting for that started in November, and I've been waiting with baited breath for the finished product since then.

Terror_Incognito
2009-02-24, 07:52 PM
Finish VUACS, then we'll talk

I agree with the others, I think your Fantastic, and Fantastically Enormous Campaign Setting is diluting this forum's Awesome and Win.

Vadin
2009-02-24, 08:17 PM
Finish VUACS, then we'll talk

Awesome 4e setting: DO WANT.

Awesome setting is awesome.

Awesome setting is relevant to my interests.

tl;dr: MEME-ATTACK! Hopefully you'll be compelled now to bring us your totally excellent labor of love (with extra salmon, of course)

The Bookworm
2009-02-24, 09:11 PM
One Week!!

MageSparrowhawk
2009-02-24, 10:29 PM
It's been...One Week since you looked at me...

sorry...>.>

but yeah, in a week, give or take...

Magnor Criol
2009-02-24, 10:45 PM
I'm split.

I don't know if I really want to wait as long as it may take to finish VUACS.

On the other hand, one week may not be long enough, and I'd really love to see VUACS completed.

Hm.

I'll say finish VUACS, with the caveat that perhaps in a little while, if VUACS isn't done yet but you feel it's time, you can go ahead and start it?

LordZarth
2009-02-24, 10:47 PM
The weekend, but I'll go One Week strategically.

kopout
2009-02-24, 10:53 PM
One week would seam to be a responsible time frame.

arguskos
2009-02-24, 11:22 PM
Honestly, with the current controversy over VUAV IX and VUACS still in progress, I think that VUAV X needs to wait One Week to commence, so we're all on-board, energetic, and the like. :smallwink:

Limos
2009-02-25, 12:08 AM
Tomorrow!!

Yaaaaaaay!!

SlyGuyMcFly
2009-02-25, 12:17 AM
This is whole VUAX thing is certainly getting very meta, isnt it? :smallbiggrin:

I very much want to see VUACS completed, but waiting till then for a new villain seems too much. One Week is a sufficient amount of time to get the current VUAV completed in a satisfactory manner and have people jonesing for another villain.

Belobog
2009-02-25, 12:38 AM
If you feel like VUACS is that much of detriment to your ability, or that you'd perform better with it done, then I'd say Finish VUACS, then we'll talk. Hell, do that anyway, especially if you're feeling burnt out. A little distance can give some perspective on the whole thing, and whether or not you want to continue with this.

afroakuma
2009-02-25, 01:18 AM
I was referring to voter burnout... the enthusiasm of the audience has seemed to wane in these past four rounds. Then again, they did play host to the sadly underpowered, non-unique Prince Meridius and an Animal-type villain, so I can see where that might be coming from.

Vote Up A Villain X: Ultimate Darkness will begin next week.

Belobog
2009-02-25, 01:34 AM
I was referring to voter burnout... the enthusiasm of the audience has seemed to wane in these past four rounds. Then again, they did play host to the sadly underpowered, non-unique Prince Meridius and an Animal-type villain, so I can see where that might be coming from.

My apologies. I thought you were frustrated with how the latest one went, so I assumed that was what you meant...though, it seems that this wasn't the case.