PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] The "evrything" PrC

Thurbane
2009-02-24, 08:52 PM
Hey all,

Just a totally random thought - I'm trying to come up with the "everything" PrC - a PrC that is good for everyone,. but VERY hard to qualify for - here's the first draft:

Reqs:

BAB +10

Skills: any 4 13 or higher

Proficient with all martial weapons, heavy armor and shields (excluding tower shied)

Spells: able to cast 5th level arcane and/or divine spells

Feats: Power Attack, Stealthy, Extend Spell, Iron Will

Class Features:

HD: d12

Skills/level: 8 (all skills are class skills)

1 +1 2 2 2 +1 of existing class
2 +2 3 3 3 +1 of existing class
3 +3 3 3 3 +1 of existing class
4 +4 4 4 4 +1 of existing class
5 +5 4 4 4 +1 of existing class
6 +6 5 5 5 +1 of existing class
7 +7 5 5 5 +1 of existing class
8 +8 6 6 6 +1 of existing class
9 +9 6 6 6 +1 of existing class
10 +10 7 7 7 +1 of existing class

...now, I know this lloks totally ludicrous at 1st glance, so I'm wondering if you can help me flesh this out.

I need to refine the reqs, refine the class features and come up with a better name.

Cheers - T

martyboy74
2009-02-24, 09:13 PM
I recommend that you disallow gish classes from the +1 progression. Other wise, well...

Wizard 3/Cleric (Archivist for a less MAD, but that's non-core) 3/Fighter 1/Mystic Theurge 2/Eldritch Knight 6/"Evrything" 5

5th level arcane, BAB of +10, proficiency from fighter, the feats are easy to attain, and skills are easy.

Apply the "evrything" to Mystic Theurge, and you end up with 9th level arcane spells/5th level divine spells, BAB of +16, and crazy saves/hit points and decent skills (nearly +4 average). The hit points, ignoring any bonuses, end up as 5d4+6d6+3d8+1d10+5d12 (average is 124; average for 20d10 is 110).

Just wait until someone with actual optimization skill sees this.

Admittedly, until at level 15, this has Arcane 5th/Divine 3rd/BAB +11, highly unfocused...

EDIT: I hope that this didn't come across harshly; I was just pointing out something that looked a little silly, and then I got carried away.

Jack_Simth
2009-02-24, 09:16 PM
Let's see... what's the earliest Core entry... Fighter-1/Druid-12 qualifies; needs an Int of 14. Druid-9/Fighter-4? No, that's also 13th. Hmm... Fighter-1/Wizard-5/Eldritch Knight-7... again with the 13th.

Looks like anyone qualifying would be a minimum of 13th (Core, anyway) as it stands. However, you've got a problem - for almost anyone who qualifies, there's no reason not to take it - although qualifying does get slightly tricky - and for anyone who qualifies, the feats are reasonably useful. I'm curious as to why you want a PrC like this.

mr.fizzypop
2009-02-24, 09:33 PM
It might be a good Prc to give you some extra BAB or save bonus's but its a bit boring, maybe add bonus feats? Or a 1rst lvl ability from any class?

ericgrau
2009-02-25, 02:39 PM
The pre-reqs mean that your BAB and spellcasting will already be behind, so it may work.

And apparently anyone who wants to qualify with an arcane class should automatically take eldritch knight to avoid being suboptimal. Hmm, traps like that are annoying.

Devils_Advocate
2009-02-27, 01:48 PM
I'm trying to come up with the "everything" PrC - a PrC that is good for everyone,. but VERY hard to qualify for
That doesn't make sense to me. Obviously the class isn't good for those who can't take it. A PrC is either a useful and viable choice for any sort of character or it isn't. As it is, this is basically a PrC for martial spellcasters.

Are you trying to make a jack of all trades PrC that both requires and advances spellcasting, combat prowess, passive defenses, and skills? It looks like that might be what you're going for.