PDA

View Full Version : Scabbard [Weapon, Feat]

Jarl
2006-09-13, 01:22 AM
Scabbard

Weapon type: Improvised Sword (any)
Weapon proficiency: Weapon profeciency (whichever applies)
Damage: 1d6 bludgeoning, non-lethal
Critical: 20
Critical damage: x2
Requirements: Two-Weapon Fighting
Cost: Included with the sword free, a new one may be purchased for 10 sp
Special: A Scabbard has 4 hit points. If a critical hit is achieved, the scabbard is destroyed.
A scabbard is a long tube, usually wooden, in which a sword is held. Regardless of the kind of sword, a scabbard, if used as a weapon, only does 1d4 damage. Scabbards are used as weapons in conjunction with their swords, if ever. A scabbard is a light weapon. A scabbard cannot be used as a weapon by itself.

Scabbard Fighting [Fighter]
Requirements: Fighter level 5th, Weapon Specialization Two Weapon Fighting
Benefit: You may use the scabbard of any non-two-handed weapon as a weapon in your off hand. This applies to all weapons in which you have specialization.

I just remembered a conversation form a while back when it was mentioned there were no rules for these things. I dunno. What do you think? I was going for a Kill Bill-vibe with the TWF.

-Updated it. Not much there.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-09-13, 11:48 AM
Looks okay to me.

ExHunterEmerald
2006-09-13, 11:51 AM
Nice idea, been thinking about something like it awhile.

Once in-game my rogue was sparring with a dwarf and used his rapier in the sheathe at a -1 to hit because the wooden axe they gave him would be about -5 to hit total.

Fizban
2006-09-13, 11:55 PM
There's already a feat that lets you deal non-lethal with any weapon at no penalty.

Also, in OA, one of the ninja swords specifies that it's scabbard counts as a club, among other things.

Therefore, I suggest you count it as a 1d6 light simple weapon, possibly dealing non-lethal if you so wish, and change the feat so it gives you bonuses when fighting with one, possibly for TWF with sword and scabbard or something.