PDA

View Full Version : You take the moon, and you take the sun!

KingGolem
2009-02-24, 10:01 PM
Well, I finally worked up the courage to start a thread about my new favorite show. :smallredface: For those of you who don't get the thread title, it's quoted from the opening theme of Chowder, a new show on Cartoon Network, and my new favorite show. This thread is to discuss opinions concerning this show, and I might as well start. The reasons why I think it's an awesome show, is first and foremost, the aesthetics. I think Marzipan City looks really cool, with all the incongruous architecture and bright colors. Not only that, but the characters, the background music, and the entire premise seem pleasantly original. I could go into further details about why this show is awesome, but instead, I invite you, fellow playgrounders, to discuss your thoughts and opinions about this incredible show. :smallbiggrin:

chiasaur11
2009-02-24, 10:06 PM
Radda, Radda.

Radda Radda Radda, Radda, Radda Radda.

Radda.

A Rainy Knight
2009-02-24, 10:21 PM
I just saw this show a little while ago. At Christmastime with one of my much younger cousins, I believe. See, even we teenagers can be bothered to watch cartoons with our little relatives every once in a while. It seemed very, well, let's say, different. But what makes a cartoon funny other than an unconventional approach? I laughed quite a bit at it, although not as much as my cousin. I can't say much about the cartoon in general since I don't watch it regularly, but it was a nice enough way to spend time with the folks. :smallsmile:

Brewdude
2009-02-24, 10:41 PM
I'd call this show the worst thing to happen to the cartoon network, except they also show the adventures of Flapjak.

chiasaur11
2009-02-24, 10:42 PM
I'd call this show the worst thing to happen to the cartoon network, except they also show the adventures of Flapjak.

You obviously have never been subjected to "Out of Jimmy's Head".

kopout
2009-02-24, 10:51 PM
If you watch the cloths they are like cutouts to a background. Freaky.

Phase
2009-02-24, 10:54 PM
What? What about me?

*re-reads first post, rather than just the word "Moon"

Oh...

Best be off, then.

Mando Knight
2009-02-24, 11:45 PM
I just saw this show a little while ago. At Christmastime with one of my much younger cousins, I believe. See, even we teenagers can be bothered to watch cartoons with our little relatives every once in a while.

See, then you get to college/university, and you start watching 'toons again. Like Pinky and the Brain, or those 90's superhero cartoons, or Batman: The Brave and the Bold... :smalltongue:

Rutskarn
2009-02-25, 12:11 AM
What? What about me?

Oh...

Best be off, then.

We all had that reaction, Phase.

We all had that reaction.

Sneak
2009-02-25, 12:15 AM
What? What about Phase?

Oh...

Best be off, then.

Em Blackleaf
2009-02-25, 12:46 AM
I love that show!

Gazpacho is my favorite character.

"You're BANNED from this fruit stand!"

Yulian
2009-02-25, 01:27 AM
I think this is all that needs be said:

Pepper Spray, that sounds delicious! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtTcR_-1mYw&feature=related)

Funny, funny show.

- Coeloptera

Flame of Anor
2009-02-25, 01:29 AM
Aww, I thought this was going to be about orbital dynamics. :smallfrown:

kpenguin
2009-02-25, 01:35 AM
I am disappointed that this thread is not about Phase.

Egiam
2009-02-25, 11:40 AM
I watched it in spanish.....

it was rather insanity inducing.

kyoten
2009-02-25, 11:59 AM
See, then you get to college/university, and you start watching 'toons again. Like Pinky and the Brain, or those 90's superhero cartoons, or Batman: The Brave and the Bold... :smalltongue:

Oh so true!

Now my opinion: I don't care for the show, BUT I am willing to watch it with my niece and nephew on occasion. Same with Flapjack, though it is possible I may grow to like I doubt it.

KingGolem
2009-02-25, 09:23 PM

Aww, why do you say that? :smallconfused: And to chiasaur11, I'm right with you. That show was terrible.

And I'd also like to apologize to Phase and anyone else I confused with my choice of a thread title. :smallamused:

Interesting side note: Shnitzel is my character, because one, he's a rock monster (awesome), and two, he's probably like what a normal person would be like if they had to live in Marzipan city. :smallsmile:

Shades of Gray
2009-02-25, 09:45 PM
Out of Jimmy's head is just horrible. It's right up there with High School Musical and Camp Rock, both of which I was forced to watch, stupid younger cousins...

Chowder's pretty good, but Flapjack either makes me laugh of makes me want to throw the TV out a window. Or laugh while throwing at TV out a window.

Graymayre
2009-02-25, 10:01 PM
Chowder's pretty good, but Flapjack either makes me laugh of makes me want to throw the TV out a window. Or laugh while throwing at TV out a window.

agree.

I like the art style of Chowder. However, I can honestly say that I prefer flapjack in every aspect.

But both of those shows have so much win. They just seem so creatively vibrant. It helps that the cartoons around them are gray and form-fitting (accentuating Flapjack and Chowder's awesome).