PDA

View Full Version : Quick Warlock question

Andry
2009-02-25, 11:49 AM
Hey Guys, I was wondering if you could help answer a question for me.
If a multiclassed warlock took the Practiced Spellcaster feat would it advance his eldritch blast to his character level or do nothing fo him?

Kaiyanwang
2009-02-25, 11:52 AM
Hey Guys, I was wondering if you could help answer a question for me.
If a multiclassed warlock took the Practiced Spellcaster feat would it advance his eldritch blast to his character level or do nothing fo him?

IIRC, RAW, no.

As a DM, I would allow it.

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-02-25, 12:26 PM
No, it increases Caster Level, that is it.

If Eldritch Blast read "and increases in damage every other caster level", then I would allow it, just like it lets you increase the damage of a Fireball.

However, Eldritch Blast keys off of Class Level, not Caster Level. As such, it does not work. That is why PrC's that promote casting will promote EB, because it reads "As though he gained a level of that class". And that is why it won't improve your blast.

Person_Man
2009-02-25, 01:07 PM
Nope. And in general, the way Warlock is written makes multi-classing and PrC choices problematic.

Tokiko Mima
2009-02-25, 01:09 PM
It just increases caster level, not Warlock level. So Eldritch Blast damage would be unchanged, and you would get no invocations.

However, Practiced Caster can be useful for things like Eldritch Chain, which bases it's number of targets on Warlock caster level, dispel checks, or for bypassing spell resistance.