PDA

View Full Version : D&d 2.0/3.0

EmperorSarda
2009-02-25, 03:08 PM
I recently came into the possession of the core 3.0 books and several 2.0 books, including a couple Forgotten Realms 2.0 campaign settings, and as I have no time in the forsee-able future to get involved with any such campaigns, I was wondering if it would be better to save the books until a later date and sell them (like how baseball cards gain value as they age) or if I should just sell them now.

I'm not sure how much they are worth either, and so if anyone can direct me to a site that lists how much they might be worth, it would be appreciated, along with any advice on what to do with all these books.

Thank you.

AslanCross
2009-02-25, 05:22 PM
Try checking eBay or Amazon for the used prices. As far as I can tell, D&D books only depreciate as they age, since the demand for them goes down due to new editions coming out.

Zincorium
2009-02-25, 09:13 PM
Unfortunately, unless they're still in-plastic, there's almost no chance of them appreciating in value over what they're going for now, because even if they're in 'like-new' condition or whatever, they're still used books.

You'll probably get more for them if used as bribes/trades for stuff you actually want.

Hawriel
2009-02-25, 10:52 PM
hold on to the 2nd ed books for another twenty or thirty years then ask asround. the 3.0 books are crap. Or just find a nice gaming store that buys used books and ask them.

ken-do-nim
2009-02-27, 07:31 PM
The 2E adventures have held their value better than the 2E rulebooks in my opinion. Haunted Halls of Eveningstar, for example, is still $15 on eBay. Ruins of Undermountain at least $20, and Return to the Tomb of Horrors is in the stratosphere ($60?).