PDA

View Full Version : How to Stat This? [UKon spoilers] [3.5]

Skjaldbakka
2009-02-25, 05:44 PM
I am running a one-shot at a convention this weekend, and I have a really cool idea for the 'final boss'.

The party is searching for the hoarde of a dragon that was slain many years ago, but the party the killed it was cursed and never made it back, so the loot is unclaimed.

The PCs find a map, and are trying to get to the hoarde before the cultists of Tiamat do.

Utimately, the leader of the cult is going to call upon the dormant spirit of the ancient dragon to come forth once more to gaurd its tomb, breaking a staff of power (being destroyed in the process), and releasing its energy for what we call in larping circles a 'non-standard effect'.

Essentially, the dragon's hoarde animates into a dragon shaped mass of coins, jewels and other treasure. I am not sure how I want to stat it.

I know for sure that I want it to have a retaliatory ability when hit with fire damage. I am thinking that it would be able to spew forth a cone of molten gold whenever it takes X amount of fire damage, in a breath weapon like fashion.

My thought so far:

Model it after a swarm.
Model it after an air elemental (thinking of whirlwind form here)
Make it effectively incorporeal, giving it a miss chance because it isn't a solid form.