PDA

View Full Version : New to dnd x.x

Origomar
2009-02-25, 09:36 PM
Im going to be playing as a druid in a while and i want to know if there are some limits on my character that im not seeing. i havent gotten a chance to read a rulebook just the 3.5 version online so tell me if im wrong on this.

if someone is useing a wooden weapon or a weapon ive turned into wood or some wooden object stuck in them like an arrow or spear or ect. does warp wood or wood shape allow me to crush them with the wood or is it like a slow moving affect that can only reshape things? like if i made someones metal armor into wood could i then go ahead and crush them with it. also does repel wood and repel wood/stone push them back and they take damage when they hit things or is it just like they slowly move backwards.

im just trying to get ideas ahead of time so when i play i wont be holding people back or anything x.x

oh and also could i persay use conjure water and summon it above someones head and have the water crash on them lol?

DrizztFan24
2009-02-25, 10:01 PM
oh and also could i persay use conjure water and summon it above someones head and have the water crash on them lol?

People try that trick inside of a suit of full plate trying to crush the occupant, or summoning inside of someones lungs. I don't see why you could summon over someone's head, and then follow it with a blast of cold air to free them.

PinkysBrain
2009-02-25, 10:20 PM
In both cases a DM issue ...

For using shape wood on wooden armor I'd personally not have too much trouble letting it kill him outright (wood shape already has a will save, a 2nd level spell is low for a save or die ... but not too many people running around in wooden armour anyway).

For the effects of getting repelled against a solid object ... no solid rules for that either, but the spell says the speed is 40 feet per round though so common sense says no damage.