PDA

View Full Version : White Wolf d10 Question

vartan
2009-02-25, 09:51 PM
I'm looking at the rules for Adventure! and am confused about the action for multiple actions. I don't know if the rules are universal across the Aeon Continuum, but:

It says that Multiple Actions occur at the end of a turn. Does this mean that a character gets the first "sub action" at there initiative and then their additional one(s) at the end of the turn OR does it effectively move them to the lowest initiative in the combat to take all the actions then?

vartan
2009-02-25, 11:24 PM
20 views and no replies? No interest in A! among the Playgrounders? White Wolf's support is lacking in so many ways... Sorry for the flagrant bump. :smallsmile:

Grynning
2009-02-25, 11:55 PM
I think the problem is that White Wolf is such a rules-lite system that few people seriously consider details like this about the combat rules. Just wing it, that's what all my WoD groups have done.

Kyeudo
2009-02-26, 01:35 AM
I'd have answered your question, but I can't figure out what you are talking about.

Kalirren
2009-02-26, 01:59 AM
Short answer: Your former interpretation, where all extra actions are resolved at the end of the round and initiative does not change, was what my GM used. From my understanding, it parallels the system used in 2E D&D.

Long answer: The interpretation my GM used was that extra actions in WWd10 worked like this:

1. everyone in the intiative order got to take their first action/attack in intiative order

2-C: everyone with a second Celerity/Temporis action got to take their action in intiative order,

3-C: everyone with a third Celerity/Temporis action went,

and so on up to n-C: the last action derived supernaturally is resolved,

which was then followed by

2-S: everyone with a second split action took it in initiative order

...n-S: the last extra action granted through non-supernatural means is resolved.

Then a new round started.

Quincunx
2009-02-26, 06:49 AM
While I think Kalirren was correct, my White Wolf LARP group used a slightly finer distinction on the first action--their strong-voiced Storyteller would call for mental & social actions en masse, then for physical, then second action granted by supernatural means, etc. Ties, if two people were trying to affect one another, were resolved by the greater Celerity score, or that LARP classic of rock-paper-scissors if the tiebreaker was itself tied; LARP lacks an initiative score. While there's no need to filter out non-physical from physical actions in a small group, I must say that having the mind-affecting disciplines land before the punches were thrown added plenty of "this is why a frontal assault against vampires is a bad idea" spice to the fights.

I hadn't even read Adventure! or its kin though. Apologies.