Level: Brd 2, Sor/Wiz 2
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 25ft
Area: 25ft radius emanation centered on you
Duration: 10 minutes/level(D)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: None

You can mentally communicate with any creature within 25ft of yourself who has and intellegance of at least 3 and shares a langauge with you. Any creature who you communication with can locate your physical location through the link.

Material Component
A small copper cone

Greater Telepathy
Divination
Level: Brd 4, Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 100ft
Area: 100ft radius emanation centered on you
Duration: 10 minutes/level(D)
Saving Throw: See Text
Spell Resistance: None

You can mentally communicate with any creature within 100ft of yourself who has and intellegance of at least 3 who has a languge.

The first time you communicate with a target they may attempt a will save to find your location through the link. A target may only attempt one such will save per casting of Greater Telepathy.

If you cast suggestion while this spell is active you may replace the verbal component with a telepathic command so long as you are able to telepathically communicate with the target.

Material Component
A small silver cone

Randomman413
2006-09-11, 03:54 PM
So...besides the range, whats so much greater about greater telepathy than telepathy? It seems like Telepathy would really be a lot safer to use. If youre hiding, they cant find where you are, but you can still use suggestion and the like on them without talking.

TheOOB
2006-09-11, 05:41 PM
Well, greater telepathy has increased range, ability to surpass langauge barriers, ability to be used in conjunction with suggestion spells, and if they fail their will save they are unable to locate you through the link, unlike wiht telepathy where they always can locate you through the link.

Raum
2006-09-11, 09:15 PM
Given Telepathic Bond (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/telepathicBond.htm), a fifth level with a limit on the number of creatures you can communicate with, I'd say your spells are overpowered.

TheOOB
2006-09-11, 09:47 PM
I was thinking that the range on telepathy would make it balanced when compared to Rary's Telepathic bound, which works over an unlimited range on the same plane

Raum
2006-09-11, 10:49 PM
It works on the same plane after it has been cast, but the casting range is Close (25' + 5' / 2 levels). So its practical range is little more than the spells you've created. If your spells were single target I might agree with you...but even then they should both allow a Will save or be limited to willing targets.

Fizban
2006-09-12, 08:55 PM
I'm gonna have to say the telepathic bond is high level because of the unlimited range. It's not a spell you cast in combat, so it's casting range hardly matters, and 100' can be a lot shorter than you'd think in some situations.

Pegasos989
2006-09-13, 12:10 PM
I agree with theoob an fizban that Rary's is not weaker than greater telepathy. It is same as with IRC and instat messengers: They work very diffrently but both have their purposes.

This telepathy is like IRC. You cast it and then can talk to anyone there. This is good when you want to ask the rogue if he think that the guy next to you is not telling the truth or similar.

The Rary's telepathic bond is good when you want the scout to be able to walk a few hundred feet ahead, etc.