PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Village [IC]

Rodgin
2009-02-26, 05:37 AM
(Intro): The shovel clanged against rock, and its wielder snarled in frustration. He shook his brown furry hands and squinted up into the rain.
“Dig,” a clear voice came from above. “Dig, damn you, or I’ll have you flayed alive!”
Deep in the pit, the varag warrior couldn’t see the speaker, but he knew the smooth-skinned, silk-clothed fool all too well.
Clang! Another stone. After throwing down his shovel, the varag took a pull from his wineskin. Time for a break, he thought.
A green orb shot out of the darkness above, knocking the wineskin out of the varag’s grasp. Snarling in pain and rage, the warrior held his burned hand and watched the wineskin disintegrate in a green poor. Looking up, he saw the smooth-skinned spellcaster, and he grabbed his shovel and gripped it as if it were an axe.
And then he was the eyes. Those eyes…
The varag turned back to the mud and the rock. He began to dig again…

(General): Kingsholm, contrary to the sound of its name, is a sleepy town. Trade caravans use it as a stopping point, but nothing ever truly happens. The Coronet and Cabbage sits in the middle of town and the Kingsholm General Store is less then a block down the street. Fields dot the landscape west of town, away from the mountains. The mountains rose high to the east, imposing themselves over the city.
The date is Hex (August) 1, the weather is normal for the last month of summer.

(Dirk): You have made your way over the mountains from the Mahktish desert. You passed through the Halfling community of Welbyshire, where the greeting was less then friendly, but thankfully did not get openly hostile. Kingsholm, as least from first glance, is much more welcoming, with a few strange looks, but nothing that would look hostile.

(Albect): Having left your training in Dagoleth, you find yourself traveling to the edge of the Empire. Leaving the relative comfort of the bustling metropolis, the Plain of Storms has been relatively kind to you in your travels.
You find yourself in Kingsholm, last stop in the Empire along the trade route into the desert. It is smaller then you would have thought, though the cemetery you passed on the way in looked well tended.

(Logan) Your travels away from your training in the temple of Pelor in Dagoleth have been a boon to your soul. Free from the strict guidelines of the priests and in a world of needy people, you have thrived, enjoying your new environment.
You have made it east, to the Spine, and into a sleepy little town known as Kingsholm. The cemetery you passed was ancient, but well cared for. Something a little town as this could be quite proud of, in your humble opinion. You’ve also heard there is no cleric of Pelor here, though the brewer here had been known to second as a priest of Olidimarra, much to the public’s uneasiness.

(Lethe) Your latest excursion with your mother was into a fissure that recently opened in the Spine, a long north-south running range that splits the continent in half. As you travel north, looking for other exploits and cooler weather for the end of the summer, you get to Kingsholm. Your mother had mentioned that there was a cemetery here that likely had more then a few things of value to add to your collection.

(Talus) Your journey with the caravan was uneventful, but you learned plenty on your travels across the Plain of Storms. Enough experience to get you started in the real world. You opted to stay in Kingsholm and just enjoy the town at the foot of the mountain and have learned a few things of note.

1. The town is extremely proud of their cemetery. Supposedly there is a statue of the first king up in the mountains, but you haven’t made the trip to go see it.

2. Hergon Hilltopple, the local cleric and brewer, is a man who sees things quite similar to you. You’ve enjoyed several tours of the brewery at his expense. He is a good man, though his allegiance to Oliddimarra has many people leery of him.

3. The Sentinals, the town guard, are among the best guards you’ve seen in a town this size. Still no comparison to the trained soldiers of the Empire, but quite good.

4. Phodor Landros, the mayor of Kingsholm, has left on business with Welbyshire, the town across the mountains. He has left Ian Turbrand, the owner of the Coronet and Cabbage, in charge during his absence.

(Jayletina) Your travels from the Lark Wood to the north have brought you south across the mountains, your first time stepping anywhere that didn’t have trees as far as you could see. Following the path you set for yourself, you find a job as a cravan guard in the town of Gale Haven. They have dropped you off in Kingsholm. With caravans moving through on a consistanat basis, you expect to find work quickly.

Bangles
2009-02-26, 09:25 AM
Jayletina

Jumping off the caraven as it trundled in Jay wandered through the town taking the sights in. Brushing a lock of dark raven hair out of her eyes she makes sure her armour and weapons are strapped on properly and wanders into the inn.

She takes a quick check of everybody who is sitting in the inn, especially to see if there is any particularly striking young gentlemen.

Whether there is or not she will take a seat at a table where she can face the foor to see everyone whos coming in and orders a hot meal and a pint of warm cider.

"Thank you" she replies to the barmaid who brings it over and gives her a large tip.

mangy_mathan
2009-02-26, 11:58 AM
Dirk

A small, darkly-colored reptile dashes in on the heels of another patron, his shirt of chainmail jingling. His brown leather pants, hood, and gauntlets don't seem to fit properly, as if they were made for some other species.

Small pinpoints of red light dash back and forth beneath the hood as the creature scans the inn's lobby. Soon, it decides to secure itself a room, signing up for a cheap, common one.

Once he knows he has a place to stay, Dirk buys a glass of wine and meanders over to the toughest-looking individual in the bar, offering them the drink. "Hi, I'm new in town." He yaps in Common that sounds as if he learned it in a hurry. "Sorry if I'm bothering you."

[roll0]
We now know why that last town hated me. :smallannoyed:

xPANCAKEx
2009-02-26, 05:05 PM
Logan

Approaching the village, logan thought maybe there would be a flock to tend to here - they obviously took great care of their dead if the reverance poured into the maintainance of the cemetary was any indication.

Seeing the main hub of activity buzzed around the centre of town - the logical place to head to was the tavern. Entering through the door, he looked around, seeing many people who looked like local farmers and traders, and many more who looked like travelers passing through

after watching the hussle and bustle for a few moments, he took a stool, and spoke
"uuum,,, AHEM... LADIES AND GENTLEMEN." aware he was now under the attention of many people in the bar "Im sorry to interupt your rest, and i won't keep you from your drinks long - i am passing through town, and should any of you require the services of a healer, or religious blessings, then i will happily provide my services... um... sorry for interupting your drinks..."

stepping down from the stool, brushing it off and mumbling an apology to the bar keep before ordering a drink

diplomacy check [roll0]

Bangles
2009-02-26, 05:29 PM
Jayletina

When the little lizard walks in

Jay watches the little lizard-man-thing womble over to another group of travellers and see's them slowly getting annoyed.

Time to go rescue him, plus anyway hes quite cute.

Wandering over she taps the little lizard on the arm

"I don't think these guys are all that interested my little friend, but as you can see im quite strong and maybe I can look after you"

Walking back to her old table she watches the lizard follow and then offers him a seat.

"Your quite cute, whats your name? Im called Jayletina but most people just call me Jay"

When Logan walks in

Talking quietly to the lizard-thing she whispers

"Damn it, priests, all the same kind, just as long as he's not working for my Daddy."

mangy_mathan
2009-02-26, 05:48 PM
Dirk

Dirk follows Jay, glancing back uneasily at the burly, scowling farmer she saved him from. "That usually goes over better."

Shrugging, Dirk hops up on the chair, and has a seat on the edge of the table. He eyes the woman before him, obviously not accustomed to seeing women of such excellent physical condition. "Are you one of those women from the cold lands of the North?" he barks. "I've heard that they can smash rocks with their heads!"

"That might be why they're dumb, though..." He mutters. "Anyways, my name is Dirk. Nice to meet you, lady."

When his glowing eyes spot the priest, he visibly tenses, and his tail swishes nervously. His eyes remain fixed on the newcomer for the duration of his speech.

Bangles
2009-02-26, 06:04 PM
Jayletina

"Careful little man, just because i'm from the north doesn't make me uncivilized. I've never attempted to break a rock on my head, i'm sure a little lizard wouldn't stop my big thick skull though. Right?"

She says all this with a smile not actually angry at the little lizard and just playing with him.

Noticing his distaste of the cleric and nervousness of him.

"Whats up with the holy man then little lizard man? You don't like the holy guys? And hey you know what Dirk reminds me of? Well just change the r for a c."

With this she leans back giggling to herself and having a smile play across her lips.

mangy_mathan
2009-02-26, 06:23 PM
Dirk waits for Jayletina's laughter to subside before he answers. "Usually the people who order the killing of kobolds say they're serving one of the gods. Us kobolds have a saying about the priesthood..."

"Well, okay, no we don't. We're still cautious, though."

"What about you?" He says, poking Jay with his claw. "Why is your male caretaker after you?"

Bangles
2009-02-26, 06:35 PM
Jayletina

"Cautious. Now that my little lizardy friend is something i can relate to."

Picking up the rest of her drink she swallows the rest of the ale in one big gulp and lets a belch out.

"Well maybe its time to allay our fears, lets go see if he wants to squish you or is looking for me. Oh and as to why my 'caretaker' is coming to look for me, he still things I need looking after. Daddy doesn't understand im my own woman now."

Without waiting for a response she smiles at Dirk and stands up to wander over to the cleric.

"Fancy joining me and my little friend over there for a drink?"

She points over to the table at the door with Dirk on it.

"I'll even let you buy me a drink shiny boy"

With that she winks at Logan and walks back over to Dirk sits down and smiles at him again.

"We'll soon see, heh"

xPANCAKEx
2009-02-26, 06:53 PM
Logan

Suprised by the invitation, looks around scanning the bar patrons again, before moving over to join them, with a drink for the woman, and a smaller drink for the reptillian

"thank you for you for the invitation - its not often people just want to sit and talk. And its also not often that i get the pleasure of a kobolds company... but im forgetting my manners. My name is logan"

mangy_mathan
2009-02-26, 08:44 PM
The kobold tastes the drink with a long, forked tongue, eyes it suspiciously, then suddenly takes a big swig. He licks his teeth before saying, "Eh, I guess you're alright. My name is Dirk. This is my new friend Jayletina." He points to Jay. "What brings a messenger of..." Dirk stops, and eyes Logan's holy symbol. "Pelor? What brings you here, 'Messenger of Pelor'?" He pats Logan on the shoulder while doing what appears to be smiling, but it's hard to tell when the creature has no lips. He seems to have warmed up to the cleric.

[roll0]
[roll1]

MeklorIlavator
2009-02-26, 11:36 PM
Talus:

Talus watches the last caravan move out of the gate, then heads back into the heart of the town. A tall man, he seemed more so with the great pole-arm resting on his shoulder. His figure's imposing nature is belayed by the slight smile on his face, and his green eyes lack any hatred or cruelty.
Well, John should be up on his feet tomorrow, so they won't need me to fill in for him. What next, though? Another caravan?

No. Something's telling me to stay, and if I left the order because I wanted to follow my feelings, then I should do so.

Much more confident, Talus heads towards the inn. Likely for the usual food and drink, but perhaps the caravan brought some new souls into town. Also, after a day standing by the gates, it would be good to get his armor off. Entering the tavern, he slows only to nod at the innkeeper before heading off to his room.

A short time later he reenters the main room, pausing slowly to scan the room. The priest at the table with the woman and the... too small to be a hafling, and with the hood up he couldn't make much of the person. The priest seemed to be at ease, so nothing too terrible. a child, perhaps. In any case, they seemed new to town, so after getting a mug of ale and some food, Talus headed over to their table.

Nice to see some new faces around here. Anyone have this seat? I'm called Talus, by the way.

DMBlackhart
2009-02-27, 12:30 AM
Sorry for the late reply. I have been hospitalized

Albect

Quite the handsome young thing. A young male humanoid standing roughly 6 feet or so and scrawny to boot. Albect is a charmer before he is a scholar. The Man adores a runic symbol tatooed unto his skalp.

The man sits off in a table in the corner. Away from the hustle and busle.Albect has been here for what would seem all the day, from dawn till..well now. He sits at this table playing a portable chess set by himself.

Apon the kolbold arrival albect looks up, an odd grin on his face.

He soon sees the cleric and another man walk in shortly after the lizard.
Albects grin widens, and without finishing his game, goes over to thier table to introduce himself.

They call me Albect. I am fresh out of the safety of the university. I hail from Dagoleth. And I couldent help but notice your odd gaggle of associates,*Makes a outstretched hand motion* May I take a seat, sit and converse for the time being?

xPANCAKEx
2009-02-27, 12:55 AM
Logan

"Oh please, be out guests" says the young man, with a welcoming gesture for the new arrivals to sit down with them. Our kobold drinking companion here had just asked me about myself. Hmmm, i've explained this 20 times by now and im still never sure how to phrase it... Im not actually a qualified Messenger. I left the church 2 months back. It was far to stuffy there, too much talking, not enough doing. I just want a simple life, and go where pelors healing touch are needed. I've spread his word where it is welcomed, otherwise i wouldn't want to trouble you with tales of my religious convictions....."

he said starting off into space, hand gently stroking the holy symbol hanging on his belt

listen to me, blathering on... please - tell me about yourselves

MeklorIlavator
2009-02-27, 01:25 AM
Talus:
If Talus was surprised by the revelation of the kobold, he didn't show it, simply sitting down and turning slightly to the Priest.

Oh, I understand all about stuffiness. Used to be in the Shining Swords chapter, east of here. Way too stuffy, espcially some of the old knights. Still, the Knight-Commander wasn't afraid of action. A good man. Still, didn't quite fit in, so a year ago I left. Been doing odd jobs, mainly guard work. That's how I ended up in this place. How about you?
At this, he gestures to the others, and begins eating.

Bangles
2009-02-27, 06:47 AM
Jayletina

Ooh lots of new people. Another shiny one, hes kinda pretty. But no, I think im liking the scrawny one, wait no, i'd break him. Meh oh well maybe there'll be another one, though my little lizardy friend is still quite cute...

Realising she'd been staring off into space whilst all these thoughts cycled through her head Jay shook her head and looked at the two new people.

"Hey guys i'm Jay, and that guy with the hood up who's still not spoken is my new friend Dirk. First of I have to make sure none are working for my dad. No one knows a Lord Corcentina - lives way up north past the trees?"

When she realises no one does

"So you took what at university mister Albect? Anyway enough questions, im called Jayletina, but most people just call me Jay. My Daddy still thinks he knows whats best for me so I had to leave, looking for some fun now."

DMBlackhart
2009-02-27, 07:38 AM
Albect

Aha, stuffy and impending. Much the way I felt leaving my school. Well that and I never really had a NEED to be there. You see, I possess skills, those of a rare variety. Although my skills are inate, some say controlled by my charm and wit, rather then my knowledge. * taking a deep breath* Wow, what ramble. Anyhow I am quite charmed my young female friend. Albect gives a beguiling wink at jay. Then ordering a drink and some meal he continues with his ungodly rant. Now that's an interesting question. As I said before, I have no REAL need to study at a university. I meerly attended in order to gain some knowledge, and hopefully a better chance of survival when I left home. I know a good deal about Alchemy, as well as the arcane.
As his rant comes to a finish he seems to leave out some key skills of his in which he excels.

mangy_mathan
2009-02-27, 11:00 AM
The reptile on the table, who had been wringing his fingers and throwing suspicious glances around the room, seems to relax halfway through Albect's rant. "So, you have dragon blood?" He asks, genuinely interested. The kobold thrusts out his claw towards the arcanist, awaiting a handshake. "I'm Dirk. Us kobolds are related to dragons, ya know. I've even seen one! And done battle with one! And lost miserably!" He yaps cheerfully.

A bunch of misfits... I wonder how long this will last?

DMBlackhart
2009-02-27, 11:34 AM
*takes the kolbolds clawed hand and shakes*
Ah well, I dont recall stating my heritage my young friend. No, no I am of pure human lineage I can assure you.

Hesquidor
2009-02-27, 02:01 PM
Lethe

Lethe glanced around the inn after finally putting the finishing touches to her journal. She knew she should start planning her excursion... but it wasn't like there was anyone to scold her if she didn't. Not now anyway.

Now to find a distraction. I wonder where that guy with the chess set went to? Ah, there he is. And if he is a bore, at least one of those others should be interesting.

Without hesitation, Lethe walked over to the table. "Good day to you all. Mind if I sit here?

mangy_mathan
2009-02-27, 02:31 PM
"Oh... I'm sorry, I just assumed..." Dirk starts to speak, but is interrupted as Lethe approaches.

"Sure, have a seat. Everyone wants to see a kobold. I should just charge people admission like that zoo at the capital. I do tricks, too!"

Dirk hurries across the floor with surprising speed, his tail swishing behind him, snags some apples from a nearby table, and begins to juggle them. He's quite good, and even manages to snag another apple, juggling four at once.

[roll0]

Bangles
2009-02-27, 03:42 PM
Jayletina

When the other girl walks up to the table

"Hey there im Jayletina, most people just call me Jay. This cute little fellow here is Dirk, or Dicky."

Again when she says this she devolves into giggles and it takes a few moments to compose herself. Looking up again she carries on.

"Our shiny friends here are Talus and Logan and this fellow over here is erm Albect."

Well at least shes not as pretty as me, though those weapons do look quite nice and shiny she has, maybe she comes from a rich family. Anyway i couldn't sleep with her, she wouldn't be strong enough for me. Aww if only the little lizardy guy was taller, he's quite cute. Or that university boy was stronger...

When Dirk speaks - then table

"Well thats just untrue dicky"

Again she breaks down giggling, she finds herself immensly funny even if nobody else does. When shes recomposed she carries on

"I just wanted to look after you and make sure you didn't get beaten up. Plus your quite cute, and we could be awesome friends"

Watching Dirk wander across the floor she watches rapt with attention wondering what his trick will be, watching him juggle away she starts to clap along then shouts out

"Wonder if you can do that with knives instead. Now that would be cool!"

Rodgin
2009-02-27, 06:01 PM
Dirk easily juggles the three apples. Grabbing the fourth nearly ruins it, but he manages to keep them running smooth enough, gaining laughter and cheers from the waitstaff.

The cheers are cut short by the back door opening and a large man, a woman dressed in a town guard uniform, and a prosperous looking dwarf walk in. The waitstaff hurry back about their business, but the trio walks straight up to the table.

Are you mercenaries? the big man asks. He glares at you with dark eyes as if challenging you to deny it. Are you adventurers? We need barave and capable folks, right now, and we're willing to pay!

Talus

You recognise the man as Ian Turbrand, the owner of this inn. And he looks much more concerned, almost fearful, then you have ever seen him.

mangy_mathan
2009-02-27, 06:15 PM
Is this guy big as in tall, fat, or muscular? All of the above (like a bear)? Can we guess what he does for a living? His identity probably isn't as important as the plot hook he's carrying in his belt pouch, though.

"Are you mercenaries?" The man asks, prompting Dirk to begin shaking his head fervently.

"...we're willing to pay!"
"Yes, I am. What can I do for you?" He yaps cheerfully, hopping up and standing on a the table, trying to get as close to the man's eye level as possible. He stands up straight and crosses his arms in front of his chest, trying to look as tough and dependable as possible.

I'm assuming that would be a Bluff check and not Diplomacy. :smallsmile: Yeah, I like rolling. Adds a little randomness to my actions.

[roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-02-27, 06:31 PM
Albect, whatching the events unfold decides to throw in his hat. Hmm, I am a mercenary, yes. I hail from lands far off, a great kingdom, one in which we are trained with a deadly skill. A most "mystical" art you could call it, you wish to enlist my services it will require you MORE then just meer coins.

* taking out 2 ebony dice from his belt pouch *

I will do whatever work you wish for free, if you can beat me in highest dice. If not, then you will pay me and my associates three timesthe pay, each, no less.... So, what do you say?

And odd air is about Albect. His previous demeener led you to beilieve he was quite the charming young man. Now he seems hard and cunning.

[roll0] Profession gamble if he accepts.
[roll1] Bluff to trick him about my history and power.

Bangles
2009-02-27, 06:39 PM
Jayletina

"Hey Dirk darling, you know what would make you tough and intimidating?"

Without waiting for a response Jay picks up the little lizard and puts him on her shoulders.

"As to whether we're mercenatires, depends on how much your willing to pay and what the job is. After all we could do with a little extra cash, i'm sure."

MeklorIlavator
2009-02-27, 08:07 PM
Talus:
Talus seems starled, first by the question, then by his companions reactions. Turning to the innkeeper, he speaks calmly.
"Come now, Ian. You know me, of course I'll help. Be a poor friend otherwise. Can't speak for the others, but knowing what we'd be expectede to do would be nice."

xPANCAKEx
2009-02-28, 03:42 AM
Logan

"Never really considered myself a mercinary..." says the young holy man, more to himself than directed at the large town guard

"But if these brave decent folk here are about to put themselves in harms way, it would be remiss of me not to accompany them and help where i can... so if that makes me a mercinary for now, then so be it.

what is it you need us to do?"

Hesquidor
2009-02-28, 01:15 PM
Lethe

"A mercenary? How dull." She gently tousled her hair. "I am, however, an adventurer. And if you wish to reward me for services rendered I shan't complain."

Lethe leaned forward in her seat and stared at the man intently. "What is it you need doing?"

Rodgin
2009-02-28, 01:38 PM
Ian continued, pleased to hear the had the help he was looking for. Pointedly looking past Albect, he continued his explanation. You all notice him wringing his hands at times, truely worried about what has happened.

Mia says we have trouble in the graveyard he says, jabbing his thumb back towards the woman in uniform. We need your help and we need it now. Two days ago three members of a family went to bury one of their own. When they didn't come back, their servant reported. Mia says she sent two sentinels out, but they have yet to return either.

Bangles
2009-02-28, 02:36 PM
Jayletina

"Shh. Calm down Ian, im sure theres a perfectly reasonable explaination for it all. So all oyu want us to do is go look at the graveyard and see if we can find these guys? Doesn't sound too hard. Surely something you big strong men, and of course me and the other girly can't handle."

Strolling forwards, Jay downs the last of her cider - warmed of course and still with Dirk on her shoulders makes sure he's on safely, ducks out of the doorway so the little lizard doesn't bang his head, and walks down the road towards the graveyard.

"Coming then boys? And Girl?"

xPANCAKEx
2009-02-28, 02:59 PM
Logan

"who would cause trouble in a graveyard - thats just heinous! I'll certainly check it out... wait for me, jay" hurrying after the young woman

DMBlackhart
2009-02-28, 03:04 PM
Albect

After his somewhat egotistical rant was ignored, he begin to stare off into space. W-well, I guess I will be going along as well. THIS is why I left the university.Albect seems to have returned to his normal self, whatever could have spurred on that random chaotic act seems to have passed. Albect then tails after the rest of the group.

mangy_mathan
2009-02-28, 03:31 PM
"Uh oh. This sounds dangerous..." Dirk begins, but stops when he sees the desperation on the faces staring back at him. "But I'll see what I can do."

As Jayletina begins to swagger away, Dirk quickly clutches her head before he slips off. The little lizard remains motionless, eyes wide, as he's carried out, his tail curled up over Jay's shoulder.

"Wait wait wait!" He yaps, reaching for a mule and cart with a chest and miscellaneous bags inside. "Not without Nerek! We need to be prepared! We need garlic and stakes and holy water and symbols and silver and mirrors and... and... torches." When he sees Jay's incredulous and amused expression, he explains, "Something killed an entire family and two guards! It's either the worst pair of grave robbers ever or some dead people who are unhappy with their family's choice of post-mortem real estate." He unhooks the miniature morningstar from his belt and clutches it readily. "I think it's the latter."

Hesquidor
2009-02-28, 03:50 PM
Lethe

"Well then, to the cemetary it is. Don't worry Sir." Lethe gave the man called Ian a clap on the back. "I'm sure our search will be most rewarding"

DMBlackhart
2009-02-28, 03:59 PM
Albect listens idilly as dirk chats about the unliving.

The undead huh? I heard about such a thing. but never saw one up close. This could be fun.

MeklorIlavator
2009-02-28, 04:03 PM
Talus:
We'll check it out, Ian. Now then, if you'll excuse me for a moment...
With that Talus turns a runs after the others, catching them not far from the doorway, and manages to catch the Kobolds words.
I agree with Dirk. You need to wait a bit, if only for the rest of us to get ready. Hells, I'm not even in armor yet. Plus, I think we should wait for morning. Who know's what's up there, and if it really is undead, going in with the light of day will be useful.

DMBlackhart
2009-02-28, 04:06 PM
Albect

Turning to Talus: Light of day? Ha! whats the fun of a good ghost story if you dont read it at night? I say we head out at dusk, and party till dawn!!

Albect has his "eager" attitude back in a matter of seconds.

Bangles
2009-02-28, 04:06 PM
Jayletina

Looking up into the sky Jay silently chuckles to herself.

"Well then go suit up and meet us back here, its only 10-15 minutes walk away to the graveyard. Lets sort out this problem and I can get back into a warm bed with a pint of warm cider in me for the night. I reckon we have easily three or four hours of sunlight left yet if thats what your worried about. Plus mister shiny cleric can show us how to smash undead if thats what they are. Im still thinking there will be a perfectly reasonable explaination for it all though."

With this Jay walks over to a stonewall or a bench, lets Dirk hop off and sits down whilst tapping her foot waiting for people to go and get armour on.

MeklorIlavator
2009-02-28, 05:44 PM
Talus:
Talus turns back to go up to his room, but stops after only a few steps, and says over his shoulder, Most good ghost stories also end up with all the mortals dead, so if I have to be in one I'd prefer it to be a bad one.

With that he continues on, and after several minutes he comes back down with in armor with a full pack on his sholders.
Shall we go, then?

Well, not quite a full pack. He's leaving the following object behind:
Soap, Whetstone, Cold Weather outfit, and Traveler's outfit.

Rodgin
2009-02-28, 06:01 PM
(That's everyone. Ok, we'll keep this moving. Everyone can resituate their gear during the break that was there.)

Mia catches up with you as you wait for everyone to get their gear settled before the excursion. She patiently waits, leading you all out the toe graveyard. She is silent on the short walk, obviously bothered by the mysterious activty in the graveyard.

Ivy winds its way up the iron bars of the cemetery gate. No rust discolors the black metal, and flowers blossom near the wall. Beyond the wasll, you see a gravel walkway that weaves its way up through the groomes grass and white tombstones. A few statues rise up along the hillside, their gray features gleaming in the sun.

That's not good Mia says with a worried frown. The gate is open.

(Everyone go ahead and make your moves. Roll a spot check if you go in.)

Bangles
2009-02-28, 06:15 PM
Jayletina

Making sure Dirk is still holding on tight Jay strides confidently through the open gate.

"Maybe its just some kids pulling a prank - nothing to be afraid of."

[roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-02-28, 06:22 PM
Albect

Advancing to the middle of the group. yes well, now that we are here... Albects voice trails off... He seems to be in a bit of a trance. Words of arcane sputtering from his lips at an excitable rate.

I am casting detect magic 60feet cone ahead of us. I doubt I will find anything, but hell, best to be safe. I will keep the detection going for 3 rounds.

spot check
SpellCraft Check [roll1]

If I find nothing of interest with my detect magic or my spot check then I will draw my loaded repeating light crossbow and ready an attack at the first THREATNING thing to come into site.

If the DM will allow me to factor in a familiar this late then....

From Albects backpack comes a small slithering beast. A snake. A viper no less, although quite tiny as it is.

And if im not mistaken my viper will get a spot as well yes?
Snakes Spot [Roll]1d20+5

mangy_mathan
2009-02-28, 06:47 PM
Dirk snags his backpack and waterskin. He is still wearing his belt pouches. He leaves his lute and other belongings in the cart, and pat's Nerek's leg. "Stay here, we'll be back soon." He turns to gaze upon the open cemetery gate, awash in the dim evening light. "I hope."

"I'd prefer to stay on the ground, if you don't mind." He yaps, refusing Jay's offer for a piggy-back ride. He hops along to Albect, pulling on his coat (or robes). "Here," he says, pulling two vials of gold-colored liquid from his belt pouch. "Take these. Everyone else has armor. If something attacks ya, take a swig of one of those."

When he notices Albect casting, he asks, "What are you doing?" He seems a bit worried.

Albect
Item Transferred: Potion of Mage Armor ( 2 )
Rodgin
[roll0] - Look! A graveyard!

DMBlackhart
2009-02-28, 06:48 PM
Sorry snakes lucifers spot dident work....
[roll0] Also if im right he has scent, which meens if there are any undead within 30ft ( 60 downwind, 15 upwind) he will know about it.

Albect Albect ignores the Kolbold at first, until his spell is finished.

Ah, sorry, I get caught up in my work. Well, as I said before, I can do WONDERFUL things. And by that, I meen magic.
*takes the potions from dirk*

Ha! lets see them try to hit me, but yeah, I suppose its better to be safe then sorry. *gulp gulp* Albect will drink one of the potions now. ( I am hoping the duration will suffice?)

MeklorIlavator
2009-02-28, 06:56 PM
Talus
Talus steps quickly into the cemetery, looking for any sign of the gaurds or the family. He also ignores Albect's strange words, trusting the man.

Listen:[roll0]
Spot:[roll1]

mangy_mathan
2009-02-28, 07:09 PM
[[[Mage Armor (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/mageArmor.htm) - 1 hour/level. So, 1 hour. Or 600 rounds.]]]

The kobold takes a deep breath, and begins looking around, morningstar in hand as he makes his way into the cemetery, sticking close to his new companions.

Dirk activates the spell-like ability Detect Magic. He will keep it activated until taking standard actions to maintain it becomes inconvenient. If it runs out, he'll reactivate it. Also, was there a lock on the gate? How well-maintained is this graveyard?

Hesquidor
2009-02-28, 07:25 PM
Lethe

Lethe slides a bolt into her crossbow and holds it at the ready. "Well no use dawdling at the gate." she said before entering the graveyard.

[roll0]

mangy_mathan
2009-02-28, 11:40 PM
Since no one else did, Dirk says to Mia, "Where is the plot of the family who disappeared? We should check there first."

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-01, 12:23 AM
Logan

standing back to take in full view of the graveyard, logan clutches his holy symbol close to his chest, closes his eyes and raises his head to the sky

holy pelor, i pray that the mortal hosts of all departed souls found here are undisturbed. Let all souls find protection under you

before he tucks the symbol back into his belt, hefts his shield and pulls out his mace

"the kobold makes a good point - seems like a good place to start. Excellent suggestion there!"

spot [roll0] - hmmm, whats that... oh yes! my own two feet!

Rodgin
2009-03-01, 06:15 AM
(Gonna get a little long winded. You've been forwarned.)

A narrow path winds its way up the hill towards a large structure flanked by ancient life sized statues of a warrior and a priest (Lt gray inside black). Two humanoids lay sprawled out on the mausoleum's steps (white circles). Dark liquid seeps out from under the bodies, and beyond them, the doors to the mausoleum are open.

The graveyard appears old, but lovingly cared for. Fresh gravel covers the path and flowers, not weeks, grow beside the tombstones.

Jalyetina:

Behind the statue of the priest, you se a pair of feral looking eyes. It's trying to hide its presence, but doing a poor job.

(I'm assuming you all read that spoiler, and as you will see it when she points it out anyway, go ahead and roll initiative. Not nearly as long winded as I thought.)

Map:

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss139/OperationPB/GITP%20Campaign/WolvesattheDoor.jpg

Hesquidor
2009-03-01, 06:27 AM
Lethe

[roll0]

Bangles
2009-03-01, 07:07 AM
Jayletina

Before

Okay Dirky no worries, stay safe though.

Now

Monster thing!

Behind the statue on the left!

On my go:

[roll0]

"Come on then! Come out and play and stop hiding!"

Move -> Moving 6 forward and one step left and draw a javelin / stow the shield.
Standard -> Throw and pray - it gets cover and its at a hellishly long range.
[roll1]
[roll2] - should be 1 D10 - take 10 damage off my bad.

End : 6 squares forward and 1 square left.
HP : 21/21
AC : 17
Init : 17

Bangles
2009-03-01, 07:09 AM
heehee

crit confirm:

[roll0]
[roll1]

sucks when you have a higher damage than an attack roll.

Oh well - hoping at least the first one hit in the post above.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-01, 10:02 AM
Albect

I am guessing I get my Ready shot right?

Readied Shot [roll1]

Normal Action: Albect, having been prepared ahead of time, spell already ended unleashes a quick shot from his "revolver" as he named it. Then without hesitation albect takes aim and fires off another shot.

[roll2] [roll3]

If the beast falls : Albect will move up 30 feet, trying to close the gap, eager to research his foe.

If the beast lives: Albect will advance 20 feet, Causious of an ambush.

Initiative [Roll]1d20+7

DMBlackhart
2009-03-01, 10:07 AM
INITIATIVE: [roll0]

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-01, 11:23 AM
Logan

"WAIT! - give them a chance to explain themselves! Come out - we won't hurt you if you mean no harm

initiative [roll0]

move 3 north, 1 east (so 4 forward)

diplomacy [roll1] - yeah - im aware its snowball-in-hell given that we're peppering them with attacks - but its what the character would do

DMBlackhart
2009-03-01, 12:19 PM
OoC Yeah but flapjack, if I read right the eyes are glowing. I may be mistaken, but things with glowing eyes die in my book. Lol. Sorry for being so rash.

mangy_mathan
2009-03-01, 12:57 PM
"What! What! Where?! What is it?" Dirk yaps, taking a step to the left to get a better view of where everyone is pointing.

[roll0]

Dirk decides he's going to give Logan's diplomacy a chance. Still, he readies his powers to blast the monster should it begin advancing on them threateningly. Watching the events carefully, he hooks the morningstar back to his belt. If it really is a monster out for blood, he sees no reason left to continue this charade.

[rollv=Eldritch Spear]1d20+7[rollv] (Ranged Touch) (Energy)
[rollv=Critical?]1d20+7[rollv]

[rollv=Damage]1d6[rollv]

Those didn't work. Probably the space in the name?
I just realized how far my eldritch spear actually goes. :smalleek: That's less than half the maximum distance.

mangy_mathan
2009-03-01, 01:01 PM
Rolls
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]

Messed up the closing tags. :smallannoyed:

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-01, 02:06 PM
OoC Yeah but flapjack, if I read right the eyes are glowing. I may be mistaken, but things with glowing eyes die in my book. Lol. Sorry for being so rash.

ooc

fear not, good sir - if its what ya character would do then i consider it fair game :smallbiggrin:

in all fairness - dead bodies/pools of blood/glowing red eyes... its probably evil and we're meant to squash it with as many sharp/bludgeony/slashy things as we can find to stick in it

young logan is still a bit niave for now, but give him time and im sure he'll quickly realise the world is full things that need to be hit first and questioned later

MeklorIlavator
2009-03-01, 04:24 PM
Talus:
Well, they better be showing their friendly intentions veerryy clearly. We're missing several people, afterall.
Talus moves forward with his bow drawn, but holds his fire, waiting for a better shot.

Initiative:[roll0]
Double more forward, going 1 square forward, one square diagonal left forward, and the remaining 6 forward. This is assuming that I'm the orange circle in the first row, next to the blue one.

Also, Bangles, can you go 7 squares in one move action? That's 35ft, and I thought you were in armor.

Bangles
2009-03-01, 04:30 PM
Double more forward, going 1 square forward, one square diagonal left forward, and the remaining 6 forward. This is assuming that I'm the orange circle in the first row, next to the blue one.

Also, Bangles, can you go 7 squares in one move action? That's 35ft, and I thought you were in armor.

OOC

Forgot the armour rule - and its only 6 squares first diagonal = 5ft second = 10ft.

If the DM would be so kind - knock me 2 squares back.

Rodgin
2009-03-01, 06:50 PM
Lethe OoC:

Lethe is allowed to move for this round still, even though I've run all the stats. I'll fix it so she has her say. So two rounds worth next post please.

Albect OoC:

You are uable to take two standard action in the same round, so only one attack. If you'd like to move up while you're reloading, let me know.

Logan's attemtps at diplomacy are met with nothing but a feral sounding growl, though the creature (that appears to be a wolf) doesn't move from behind the statue.

Jay winds up, throwing an incredible shot, sticking her javelin into the creature. It is met with a yelp of pain, but it stays still, as if waiting for something. Albect's bolt ricochettes off the statue, unable to match the feat of Jay's javelin.

MAP:

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss139/OperationPB/GITP%20Campaign/WolvesattheDoor-1.jpg

DMBlackhart
2009-03-01, 07:05 PM
DM Yeah the first attack was my readied action. I dont know the rules well enough but if I DONT get a redied action ignore that. I will jsut move and attack. As for reloading...yeah, im gonna ( free action )

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-01, 07:29 PM
Logan
HP: 15
initiative 13
AC 19 flat :17 touch 12

advancing forward, shield and mace at the ready

"keep your eyes out, maybe they're not alone... stay close"

forward 4 squares as a move action

ready a single attack as a standard action

i'll let the DM roll any spot/listen checks - and the attack roll if it comes to it (for the sake of speed)

Bangles
2009-03-01, 07:37 PM
Jayletina

OOC : I thought i had the best player init - ah well doesn't make me mind - i still hit it with a +1 bonus. RAAR!

Move -> Move 20 ft forwards & stow the javelin.
Standard -> Move 20 ft forwards & re-equip the shield.

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-01, 07:48 PM
Jayletina

OOC : I thought i had the best player init - ah well doesn't make me mind - i still hit it with a +1 bonus. RAAR!

ooc

i believe you do... but i thought we were all just gunna post our turns and let the DM sort it into order for us?

my appologies if i've got it wrong

DMBlackhart
2009-03-01, 07:51 PM
OoC Yeah, I dont know. Im confused. Just tell me when round two is here and im good.

Bangles
2009-03-01, 07:53 PM
OOC

- apologies for any confusion.

Round 2 is here - post away like we said your actions, I was referring to the DM's post - so again sorry for confusion.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-01, 07:56 PM
OoC so it IS round 2. Mkay time for some good ol' fashoined shootum up'ns

Albect will Advance once again, getting 30 feet closer to the opponent. (am I the purple dot?)

For every bolt I waste on this thing, I am going to bash its skull in. Albect seems different, ( yet again ). His personality everchanging he prepares to set off yet another shot from his crossbow.

Attack!!! [roll0]
DAMAGE!!! [roll1]

mangy_mathan
2009-03-01, 07:58 PM
Dirk
Initiative: 13
HP: 14 / 14 [♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥]
AC: 20 (15 Touch)

Dirk hurries forward to keep up with his advancing companions.

[[Are you friendly, or are you hungry?]] He yaps in Draconic, followed by Undercommon, followed at last by Abyssal. After speaking in the tongue of demons, he shoots glances at his companions, wondering if they're judging him.

Suddenly inspired by what he just said, he pulls a pouch of rations and throws it towards the creature, hoping to land it as close as possible.

Surprisingly, he manages to throw it a mere 10-15 feet from the statue.

Move : 5 North -> 1 Northeast (Beside Jayletina) + Retrieve Stowed Item (Rations)
[I'm not sure if this is mechanically legal, but sifting through a backpack while running isn't exactly impossible, and you can draw a weapon as part of a move if your base attack bonus is +1 or higher.] If not, I guess I'll throw it next round after moving a bit closer.

Standard : Ranged Touch Attack

[roll0] (Ranged Touch, 5 range increments {-10 penalty}) Targeted at the closest possible grid square (AC 5). The square three below, and one to the right of the statue.
[roll1] : 5 squares.

MeklorIlavator
2009-03-01, 08:02 PM
Talus:
Talus continues forward, stowing his crossbow and reading his glaive as he does so.

Move forward 4 squares. Stow crossbow. Draw Glaive.

I assume that we're supposed to post when we can. If that's not true, sorry, and you can disregard this post if you wish.

Hesquidor
2009-03-02, 05:54 AM
Lethe
Initiative: 14
HP: 12 / 12
AC: 15(16)

OoC
Sorry for the delay guys. My brother came round yesterday and asked if he could use the computer for 20 minutes. He was on it for the rest of the blinking day. *sigh*

After hearing Jayletina shout, Lethe's eyes snapped toward the statue before flicking towards the two prone bodies. She licked her lips. Gods, that doesn't look good.

She started towards the two bodies while firing her crossbow at the glowing eyes.

Round One
Move forward one diagonal space to the right and the rest straight forward.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Dodge set against Glowing Eyes for the rest of the encounter unless other wise noted.

Round Two
Move forward one diagonal space to the right and the rest straight forward.

[roll2]
[roll3]

Rodgin
2009-03-02, 06:21 AM
(No worries. Like I said, one post a day is what I expect and we're well beyond that.)

Lethe's first shot also ricochettes away, carroming off the statue as well. Albect's next shot finds its mark, dropping the animal in its hiding place. Everyone moves forward slowing a little as the apparent threat is dropped.

Dirk:

Didn't throw your food, as the creature was killed before your initiative.

Lethe:

Didn't fire your second shot. Readied an action instead. Let me know if you're not happy with the result.

As the wolf looking creature drops, another howl picks up, and a second one charges out from behind the other statue, closing on Lethe. Letting another shot loose, she sticks a bolt into it, but it doesn't stop its charge. Snapping at her, the wolf misses. Lethe the Rogue, lives up to her name.

From behind a gravestone next to the mausoleum, another wolf, this one darker and larger, with intelligent looking eyes, lopes forward, using the gravestones as cover.

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss139/OperationPB/GITP%20Campaign/WolvesattheDoor-2.jpg

Hesquidor
2009-03-02, 07:19 AM
Lethe

Lethe chided herself as she rcovered from the wolf's surprise attack. Stupid, stupid Lethe. Wolves hunt in packs. PACKS!

Her hand snatches for her rapier and uses it to stab at the animal, before slowly backing off.

[roll0]
[roll1]

5-foot step south.

Dodge against my attacker.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-02, 08:12 AM
Rushing ahead, a recklace grin on albects face, Aha! THIS is why I left the academy! Preparing another bolt albect unleashes fire on the "intellegent" looking wolf.

Move 30 feet forward ( yeah I know its a dangerous area )
Attack!! [roll1]

CRIT!!! [Roll]1d20+6 Total Damage=16
( in the purple dot yes?)

DMBlackhart
2009-03-02, 08:16 AM
(sorry crit dident work on the above post so...)

Crit [roll0] Total Damage=16

Bangles
2009-03-02, 09:13 AM
Jayletina

((I should've moved 8 squares forward - before lethe moved forward the second time. - so i should be on line with the wolf most towards us infact right next to it on its left. - assuming i get an AoO as it charges Lethe - if i don't and you want me to stay where I am ill just delete all this.

[roll0] - vs its AC-4 assuming it actually charged (-2 from flanking)
[roll1]

Turn 3.

If the wolf is still up after my AoO ill attack that, if not ill move diagonally left and up the map 2 squares - 15ft and left 1 square - 20ft total and attack the other wolf - same rolls for both depending upon whether the first is alive after my AoO.

[roll2] - this is Wolfs AC-2 if its the one with lethe, otherwise its the clever looking one.
[roll3]

mangy_mathan
2009-03-02, 11:17 AM
Dirk
Initiative: 13

Dirk hurries forward to join the fray and help his new companions. "Lethe! Are you alright?" He yelps. Seeing as how Lethe and Jayletina have one wolf cornered, he decides to help Albect instead, conjuring a black beam that appears to be made of fog, wreathed in purple. It streaks towards the wolf behind the gravestone, screeching with an unearthly howl.

Even if I didn't get to throw my food, I still would have liked to move. So unless these new arrivals appear immediately following the original's death, I should be next to Jay on the map. If so, for round three I would like to move in front of Talus. If not, next to Jay.

Move > Next to Jay / In Front of Talus
Standard > Use Spell-Like Ability

[roll0] (Ranged Touch)
[roll1]

[roll2]

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-02, 01:23 PM
Logan
HP: 15/15
initiative 13
AC 19 flat :17 touch 12

ooc

[move taken as per actual position discussed via PM - ie: 4 squares north of position shown on map]

also - i know its odd to post 2 attack commands, but im accounting for 2 possibilities that may occur by the time it reaches my Initiative

(1) If the wolf threatening Lethe is somehow still standing after the barage of assault from Jay:

The cleric sees his valiant new companions bravely battling the wolf, and moves to assist their efforts

move north 4 squares

1d20+4
1d8+2

(2) if lethe and jay slay the wolf - and with those damage rolls they probably will

seeing his new companions heroically slash and the stab the wolf to bits the cleric moves forward, the cleric spies a new and possibly more menacing foe near were the original wolf-like being lays dead, he bravely advanced forward, calling

"Holy pelor, bringer of light... let me and the good fellows who i travel with triumph with your blessing"

more 4 forwards

cast BLESS - so everyone gets +1 morale bonus to attack and +1 on saving throws against fear effects for the next SIX ROUNDS.

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-02, 06:33 PM
reolling those attacks for options 1

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

seems i won't be jumping on the crit hit bandwagon just yet - and if that wolf is still alive then by pelor its a monsterous beast ;)

MeklorIlavator
2009-03-02, 06:50 PM
Talus:
The appearance of the wolves surprises Talus, but upon seeing that the one attacking Lethe is being taken care of, he shifts his attention the the third one.
Move closer to the third wolf, if possible charge:
attack[roll0]
damage[roll1]

If I charge, my AC becomes 19 until my next turn.

In any case, should the creature attempt to move through squares I threaten(remember to factor in reach), Talus makes an AOO:
attack[roll2]
If the attack hits, the creature must make a reflex save vs DC [roll3], or come to a stop.

Hesquidor
2009-03-02, 07:02 PM
Lethe

second round crit roll
[roll0]

Rodgin
2009-03-02, 07:03 PM
(So, after much confusion, we made it!)

Jay steps in, taking a chunk of hide from the offending wolf. Coupled with Lethe and Logan, the wolf falls, wimpering before going limp.

Albect leaps forward, letting another bolt fly at the big black looking wolf. The bolt sinks deep in the creatures eye, dropping it in its tracks. Anotehr few moments of silence, and nothing else moves.

(Combat over. 150 EXP per. Make sure to remove ammo from your character sheets.)

mangy_mathan
2009-03-02, 07:13 PM
Dirk

Dirk glances around quickly. "Is anyone hurt?" Once he realizes that no one is hurt except for perhaps a scratch or two on Lethe, he hunches over and flips up his hood. He appears to be trying to hide his face from the group, Logan in particular.

"Uh, nice work everyone. Let's keep going." He mutters, and hurries to check on the bodies, wondering if they are still alive.

New Senses Checks
[roll0]
[roll1]

Hesquidor
2009-03-02, 07:13 PM
Lethe

Lethe quickly stows her crossbow and rapier before turning to Logan.

"You're a healer right?"

Without waiting for an answer, she grabs him by the wrist and hurries him up the steps towards the bodies.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-02, 07:19 PM
Albect

AHAHAHA!! YES!! Albect then moves over to the wolf he shot in the eye. And without much hesitation begins to sever its head, keeping the bolt in place.

This...yeah this right here, is a trophy!! Im going to have the tavern hang this on their wallCOLOR] An over excentric smile on albects face. He then reloads the clip on his rapidcrossbow.

Bangles
2009-03-02, 07:22 PM
Jayletina

"I've fought off tougher bandits than that.

Pathetic attempt wolfies, lets go see if thats all there was."

First walking over to the very first engaged wolf, she bends down to investigate whether the javelin is still intact ((Normally a 50/50 chance - DM's call))

Then she walks up to stand guard over Logan and the two bodies - facing into the crypt assuming someone wlil take the back.

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-02, 07:27 PM
Logan

Looking around a bit bewildered and shocked, logan shuffles after Lethe over to the bodies

"erm... i possess certain healing powers if they can be of any use..... if any of them are still alive? can we save them?!?

what were those things that attacked us?

ooc

are they still alive or dead as a doornail?

Rodgin
2009-03-02, 07:46 PM
Two bodies, seemingly savaged by some wild beast, lie in a pool of blood. One is a male dwarf, the other is a female human. Each wears the remnents of a town sentinel's tabard. Blood spatters cover the landing and the flagstones just inside the tombs doorway.

If you look inside the mausoleum:

The open doors reveal a large stone room containing a stone table and several vaults buit into the walls. Across the room you see a closed stone door. Blood is spattered and smeared on the table, wall, and floor.

(I know Talus hadn't posted yet, but I didn't figure he would be doing much different then trying to help. Sorry if I'm pushing to fast, just let me know.)

Jay:

Javelin is intact.

Bangles
2009-03-02, 07:56 PM
Jayletina

"Hey guys - theres a shut door in here and some more blood. Anyone vaguely sneaky wanna go look about?"

With this Jay nudges Lethe forwards, whilst she slids the javelin intact back through her belt loop and sets about cleaning her sword from icky wolf blood.

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-02, 08:00 PM
Logan

im assuming they are quite dead - sorry, im not entirely with it tonight... VERY long day

after checking the wounds, closes their eyes, and straightens out their tabards to cover them up as best he can, to save anyone else from seeing the grisley wounds. He looked up to address the group

"theres nothing we can do for these departed souls now. We should let Mia - who has patiently been waiting at the gates to the cemetary all this time - know what happened here... but maybe we should check the mausoleum first. Maybe someones trapped in there? They may need our help"

DMBlackhart
2009-03-02, 08:01 PM
Albect

He finishes off his work with the wolf trophy and immediatly sets to make rank with the rest of the party. His expression seems cool and collected, like that first moment back at the pub.Alright, whats next?

mangy_mathan
2009-03-02, 08:04 PM
Dirk

Dirk searches the corpses for valuable or personal items, but finds nothing fitting that description. He heads to the door and peaks in, ready to blast anything that might jump out at him. He checks BEHIND the doors as well.

[roll0] (On corpses.)

MeklorIlavator
2009-03-02, 09:23 PM
Talus:
He looks over the bodies quickly, but moves on once it's obvious that they're dead. He stops at the entrance of the tomb.
I agree. The family might be alive. So, who first?

DMBlackhart
2009-03-02, 10:28 PM
Moving infront of ( talus? ) he will raise his hand.

I will go after the rogue. Im not sure how quiet I can be, but im hardly afraid of being eaten. This is when the ghost story gets good. ( Is it relitivly dark out, so he can make a creepy face? :smallbiggrin:)

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-02, 10:40 PM
Logan

"is it dark in there? Im ready to go in once the rest of your are"

but through the young mans brave words he can be seen stroking the lines and details of his holy symbol, whispering "pelor protect me in darkness"

mangy_mathan
2009-03-02, 10:44 PM
Dirk

Dirk takes a tattered book, ink, and pen from his backpack, scribbles some notes, and puts them back. If Lethe heads in, he follows behind. He's not particularly interested in sneaking right now, as the battle outside announced the group's presence to anything nearby, anyways.

Rodgin:
Dirk scans the area in front of Lethe with Detect Magic, occasionally swishing the scan to the sides and behind them. He suspects that the wolves were fiendish due to their glowing eyes, and is hoping that his detect magic will pick up any further conjuration spells, hopefully giving Lethe a bit of forewarning if something summoned is about to jump out at her.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-02, 11:01 PM
Albect

Albect turns to dirk, interest in his eyes. Enlighten me, my reptillian friend, for how often can one such as yourself do that? ( he remarks to the detect magic)If by any meens it saves on my reserves of cantrips I would greatly appreciate it.

Turning his head a bit...Also, do you have any family?

Albect takes to his tip toes if the time calls for it.

Move Silently 1d20+3

DMBlackhart
2009-03-02, 11:03 PM
Move Silently [roll0]

mangy_mathan
2009-03-02, 11:16 PM
Dirk

"What, you mean the beam?" He asks, wringing his fingers nervously. "Uh... often enough... Your crossbow seems to be more effective, though."

Albect:
My detect magic is a spell-like ability. Spell-like abilities have no components and therefore don't have anything you can identify. So you shouldn't even know I'm using it. It was in a spoiler for a reason, you dork. :smallbiggrin:

DMBlackhart
2009-03-02, 11:42 PM
Right, right sorry man. I am tired. Well, anyhow lets say I ment the beam then. it works as well. :p

Albect

Ha! This thing? He holds up his crossbow.First time I used it actually. That was just dumb luck. lets hope I get more adept with it, or hell develop some arcane offensive capabilities soon.

Rodgin
2009-03-03, 05:25 AM
In the event it isn't obvious from earlier descriptions, the back door is closed.

Lethe:

The keys are in it, though it is locked. Feel free to just RP your way through that little hurdle right now.

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-03, 09:56 AM
Logan

ooc

i think thats the polite hint to get into a marching order

i'll go third or 4th - and if neccessary i'll break out a sunrod

maybe we should venture inside, but with all the blood out here... why would they need to lock the door from the outside?

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 10:02 AM
OoC: I will take last position

Albect

Checking to ensure his clip is full, his wits at the ready, and his wolf head safely secure albect stands in a *waiting in line* kind of stance until the Party fills in infront or around him.

Bangles
2009-03-03, 01:11 PM
((Jay will take first / second - if Lethe wants to sneak ahead.))

MeklorIlavator
2009-03-03, 05:48 PM
Talus:

Talus initially moves to back Lethe, but seeing Jayletina move up, he decides to take third.

Hesquidor
2009-03-03, 05:49 PM
Lethe

"Hold your horses there, sister." Lethe retreats from Jayletina push. "Utmost care should always be taken with details. Care enough to ensure we don't end up like those two outside."

She slipped back outside to the cemetary to retrieve the bolts that were misfired, hoping that they were still intact.

"All done." She said after she returned. After giving the room a quick look over she turned her attention to the door, turned the key and opened it.

"Well, after me..."

[roll=Move Silently]1d20+

[roll1], [roll2] - to check nothing is about to jump out at me as I open the door.

Hesquidor
2009-03-03, 05:52 PM
Lethe

*coughs* Ahem.
[roll0]

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-03, 05:58 PM
ooc

so temporary marching order:
1 - lethe
2 - jay
3 - dirk/talus?
4 - talus/dirk?
5 -
6 -

DMTibernius - im happy to play rear guard if you wanna go 5th? keep the more squishy members of the party protected

or im happy to go 5th

If i go 6th i'll break out a sunrod and let who ever is in the middle carry it

mangy_mathan
2009-03-03, 06:03 PM
Dirk

Seeing as how he's getting relegated to the back, and knowing that firing from behind his much taller companions is going to be virtually impossible, Dirk wanders over to Jayletina and, without saying a word, grabs her belt and begins to climb up to her shoulders.

I also just realized I am the only one who can see in the dark.

Rodgin
2009-03-03, 06:18 PM
(RP amongst yourselves if you want. I'm in the midst of making the map. Hopefully I'll have it up tonight. Also, spot checks all around. Here is your stairwell description.)

A narrow staircase decends to a wide landing below. You can tell the landing leads to a wider room that is lit by wavering firelight.

mangy_mathan
2009-03-03, 06:30 PM
Dirk

"Be careful guys!" Dirk hisses, "Tombs like this usually have traps designed to stop grave robbers."

Upon noticing the firelight, he mutters, "Or maybe someone already went through them..." :smalleek:

Bangles
2009-03-03, 06:49 PM
Jayletina

Slowing down and helping Dirk up, Jay makes sure he is stable and pats him on the head before setting off again.

Following Lethe, giving her a little bit of distance to work with Jay notices the firelight.

"Maybe the family locked themselves in when they saw the wolves and now are just waiting for someone to say the wolves are dead?"

Not even believing herself, Jay unslings a javelin and stows her shield again.

"If you want me to go infront Lethe just say so there."

[roll0]

Jay can see the glow from firelight.

Oooh glowy.

Hesquidor
2009-03-03, 07:26 PM
Lethe

Yeah, I'm sure the family locked themselves in and left the key on the outside.

"And let you have all the fun? I don't think so."

She unhooks her crossbow and sets a bolt in the mechanism. Keeping to the shadows as best she can, she creeps slowly forward in attempt to get a good view of the landing.

[roll0]
[roll1] and from my 14 Move Silently roll earlier.

Also did Lethe find any reusable bolts?

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 07:30 PM
OoC: My Move silently is back up at the top still. I thought we had established marching order when I rolled it so count it for the stairs at least please. Also yeah I will take 5th and carry a light if need be. I can fire one handed.

Albect

Ha, graverobbers. Whats the worse they can do, Kill us? Albect stops for a second realising the lapse in his logic.

Spot check
Listen check [roll1]
Hide check [Roll]1d20+3

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 07:35 PM
OoC: I have 22 move silently ( read at the top ) and...
Hide check [roll0]

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-03, 07:41 PM
Logan

slapping his new companion on the back, "well if its any re-assurance, your skill with that bow will mean we won't go down without a fight" falling into line at the back of the pack trying - keep an eye and an ear out

he starts humming to himself a hymn of a maiden in search of love as he waits for his companions continue their search

so march order is:

lethe
dirk/jay
Talus
albect
Logan

and i'll hand off a sunrod as and when needed - if a scrap breaks out, drop it so you can fire 2 handed, its not an open flame so no worries about it going out - think of sunrods as being glowsticks-on-crack

rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 07:50 PM
Albect

I told you guys it was a fluke! you'll be lucky if I can do it twice.

Bangles
2009-03-03, 07:57 PM
Jayletina

"Just as long as you share the fun then its all good.

You all comfy there Dirky?"

With that she re adjusts and makes sure that dirk is on tight and safe

Mangy Mathan
2009-03-03, 08:25 PM
Dirk

Dirk nods, giving Jay the thumb's up. "Just don't be scared by any sudden magic from me." He twists around and eyes the group forming behind them, a part of him enjoying the drastic increase in eye level.

I use Jay's Hide and Move Silently.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Detect Magic is still active, heading out to 60 ft. ahead of us. It is important to note I do not have ranks in Spellcraft, and since it can't be used untrained I cannot identify the school of any auras I see.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 08:28 PM
OoC: what class is dirk?

MeklorIlavator
2009-03-03, 09:28 PM
Talus:
Talus attempts to follow Lethe's example, but his obviously untrained ways are only exasperated by his heavy armor.
He's a warlock

Hide:[roll0]
MS:[roll1]
Listen:[roll2]
Spot:[roll3]

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-03, 09:35 PM
Logan

the holyman watches as the paladin jumps up and down while cupping his ears... very puzzling behavior

Rodgin
2009-03-03, 09:57 PM
Lit torches illuminate this chamber. From the landing you now stand upon, a shallow staircase leads down into a room obviously designed to allow corpses to be prepared for burial. At the bottom of the staircase is the corpse of a human woman, crumpled and broken. The statue of some winged celestial being overlooks the scene from its pedestal east of the stairs. Several tables stand against the east and west walls, all but two of the seven having corpses on them. Farther into the chamber is a long pile of crushed stone where somebody or something toppled and crushed two fo the tables. Aside from the one table that is beyond that debris, the farthest features you can see are vault doors along the north wall, a couple of which hang open, exposing the rudely tousled bones within.

Logan and Albect:

You can tell that the body on the floor and both marked in yellow are not prepared for burial.

Logan:

The vault in the northwest corner has a piton holding the door shut.

Dirk:

Both bodies marked in yellow are giving off a magic aura.

MAP:

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss139/OperationPB/GITP%20Campaign/LowerMaus.jpg

Mangy Mathan
2009-03-03, 10:24 PM
Dirk

Dirk suddenly shoots forward, grabbing at Lethe. "Watch out! Those bodies are enchanted with something!" Dirk points to the closest corpse on the left and the second-closest corpse on the right.

MeklorIlavator
2009-03-03, 10:29 PM
Talus:
Really? Who would enchant bodies...except to make undead. Lethe, let us through.
Once the way is clear, Talus moves up, towards the body on the floor.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 11:00 PM
Albect

Albect moves past the rest as well, hooking his crossbow to his side.
After hearing dirks words about enchantments and Talus' talk of the undead albect goes straight into a sense of mindlesness. He moves passed the corpse 10 feet and aims his open palm at the one closest to the southern passageway.

As arcane words burst fourth from the lips of albect a pulse of positive energy flows into the body he aims towards.

Ranged Touch, casting disrupt undead [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Hmm, its only light. If this poor souls hasent been made a monster then this will not be a sinful deed.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 11:01 PM
OoC: Can you crit on a spell? if so is the damage double when I succeed?

Anyways...

Crit confirm [roll0] Damage 10

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 11:02 PM
( so so so sorry for multple posts, im messing up. )

Crit Confirm [roll0] Damage 10

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-03, 11:34 PM
Logan

"They were definately trying to keep something in... that door over there is pinned shut"

*pointing to the vault... and then pointing out certain bodies*

"but those three bodies have not yet properly been prepared for burial. Most strange... Talus - do you sense any evil here? If your suspicions of the unholy are right we could be in danger"

ooc-
the ones in yellow and the body on the floor are not properly prepared

rodgin

knowledge (religion) [roll0]

do i recognise the statue of the celestial being

and also just to clarify - when you said northwest - did you mean the brown door to the northeast? or was the original post correct? sorry for confussion

Mangy Mathan
2009-03-03, 11:51 PM
Dirk

[[Spells that require attack rolls can score critical hits. You did not, however, because you rolled a 19. Spells, like most weapons, only threaten on a natural 20. They do double damage. Undead, however, are also immune to critical hits.]]

Dirk keeps an eye out ahead and around them while the others deal with the corpses. He is ready to blast the corpses should they do anything un-corpse-like, such as attack.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 11:53 PM
OoC: Thanks for the clear up dirk. Yeah I figured undead arent affected by criticals, must have slipped my mind. I apologize.

MeklorIlavator
2009-03-04, 12:38 AM
Talus:
Well, there's only one way to know....
Talus takes a deep breathe after saying this, letting it out slowly

detect Evil, oriented so that both the body on the floor and one body on a table that Logan points out are inside.

Also, I completely forgot that I could do this.:smallredface:

Hesquidor
2009-03-04, 05:42 AM
Lethe

Lethe shuffles further over to the side to make sure the Clankers have plenty of room to get past.

Move forward diagonally left.

Bangles
2009-03-04, 06:42 AM
Jayletina

Jay moves down the stairs and stands next to the body still on the floor.

"Hang on Dirky - if those things get up this could get a little bumpy."

With that Jay will stop if Dirk wants to get down, otherwise she will walk down the stairs and stand next to the body on the floor, swapping her javelin for her shield.

[roll0]

Mangy Mathan
2009-03-04, 10:49 AM
Dirk

The kobold ponders which location may be best. Upon noticing that the tables are taller than he is, he mutters to Jay, "No, I'll stay up here." He then watches the rest of the group eagerly as the scene unfolds.

Rodgin
2009-03-04, 09:15 PM
Talus:

Both bodies marked with yellow come up evil.

Logan:

The statue doesn't ring a bell. In fact, you're not even sure if you've read about a winged celestial that looks like that. Your best guess is it's artwork.

As albect lets the final words of his spell go, a light flashes over the bodie, scorching it slightly. It, and the other body marked with yellow, lurch to their feet. The one Albect just scortched swing at him, clipping his shoulder (2 damage). The other shmbles forward.

Both are not your typical looking zombies. They look clser to men, the flesh having not decayed from them, their hair still hanging, though looking rather sickly.

A clattering comes from animated skeltons that round the corner from the passage to the east. All are unarmored, and each weilds a bow and has a quiver at its hip. The skeletal archers have arrows nocked, and one of those arrows is swathed in flame!

(The blue lined lt gray spots are rubble, and cost double movement to get through. Also you can't charge through them.)

MAP:

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss139/OperationPB/GITP%20Campaign/LowerMaus-1.jpg

Bangles
2009-03-05, 07:08 AM
Jayletina

"Albect get back now! Logan Talus move it up here boys.

Dirk hold on this is gonna get rough."

With that she moves 5ft to the left and swing swing swings away at the man-zombie-thing.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Stats:

HP : 21/21 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
AC : 19
Init : 21

Hesquidor
2009-03-05, 07:37 AM
Lethe

[roll0]

IF Zombie doesn't threaten Lethe before her turn.

Lethe takes a sidestep to the left and fires at the corpse straight ahead, hoping not to hit any of the actual living. After she fires she quickly reloads.

[roll1]
[roll2]

Move 5 foot to the left.
Dodge against nearest zombie.

IF Zobie does threaten Lethe before her turn.

Lethe draws her rapier and slashes wildly at the zombie.

[roll3]
[roll4]

Dodge set against nearest corpse.

Mangy Mathan
2009-03-05, 08:39 AM
Dirk
Initiative: 24

[roll0]

"Undead! Archers! Undead archers!" Dirk yelps. Seeing as how his friends are now in grave danger, Dirk does his best to end the problem. He sends another black beam streaking towards the skeleton wielding flames.

[roll1] (By the mounted combat rules, only necessary if Jay moves. If I gain cover from her, the zombies do not get Attacks of Opportunity).

[roll2] (Ranged Touch)
[roll3]

[roll4]

FIGURES. :smallmad:

DMBlackhart
2009-03-05, 11:20 AM
......ignore......

DMBlackhart
2009-03-05, 11:24 AM
Albect
Initiative: 7
HP: 8 / 8 [♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥]
AC: 17? (13? Touch)

albect, with the same feral look on his face when fighting the wolves, rushes TOWARDS the archer zombies. Closing in to the edge of the rubble. He will then start the chant again, aiming at the zombie on the left of the opposite side of the rubble. "Now THIS is what I call a ghost story!" Smiling all the while.

To Hit [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

OoC:OoC: Zombies only get one action ( move or standered ) I THINK that is. If so isent standing a move action? so that turn would have been spent standing rather then harming albect. just making sure.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-05, 11:27 AM
Initiative[roll0]

( sorry for so many posts. Rough morning )

MeklorIlavator
2009-03-05, 12:24 PM
Talus:21/21hp, 16 AC(11T, 15FF), +7 AB, +2 Grapple, Saves 7F,3R,3will:

Well, that settles if they're undead or not.
Talus moves forward and swings at one of the zombies.
5ft step forward, attack Zombie that's on Albect's right.
Attack:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2](it's slashing, if that helps)

If any zombie provokes and AOO by moving though my threaten area(remember, I have 10ft reach), then attack them, using my standstill ability(if attack hits, deals no damage, but they must make a reflex save of 10+damage dealt or stop moving).

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-05, 03:59 PM
Logan
HP 15/15
Initiative 12
AC 19 Flat 17 touch 12

"undead! foul creatures..."

[roll0]

"IN THE NAME OF PELOR BE GONE!"

raising his holy symbol as a faint glow around it grows brighter

is there no movement from that corpse on the floor? And whats the black spot in the southest corner of the room?

5ft step forward

[roll1] - so nearest 1hd opponenet? zombies usually have 2hd, so im guessing the nearest skeleton?

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-05, 04:06 PM
logan - continued

turn damage = 2d6 + cha mod + cleric level =

[roll0] - pelors light is focus but intense this turn ;)

DMBlackhart
2009-03-05, 04:22 PM
OoC: Woah. Thanks for the save buddy, I have a bit of a party going on over here. Good to see my bouncer has arrived.

Rodgin
2009-03-05, 04:42 PM
Jay, complete with her rider, takes a side step, cutting deep into the human looking undead. It moans, but seems uneffected by the blow. The black beam from the kobald on her head, nearly misses the skeleton with the flaming arrow, chipping a bit of bone but leaving no lasting mark.

Talus steps forward, his glaive slicing reams of flesh from the other zombie, though it still stands, shambling forward mindlessly.

A volley of arrows streaks through the tomb, one narrowly missing Dirk's head. The flaming arrow hits the far wall, shattering and extiguishing. The final arrow catches Albect in the side, sinking deep. (5 damage. On a side note, he was right about the wrong attack earlier, so no HP lost for that.)

Lethe's arrow misses the target, but misses everyone, doing no damage. It sticks in the far wall, still intact.

Logan steps forward, wooden symbol of Pelor glowing like it was made of gold. At his words, all of the creatures turn and flee, terrified of the power that rolls off him in waves. (you did your figuring wrong. You're level 2)

MAP:

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss139/OperationPB/GITP%20Campaign/LowerMaus-2.jpg

(PM's have been sent. Please hold off on posting till I post again)

Rodgin
2009-03-05, 06:45 PM
Talus slices the one on the right, dropping it as it attempts to run. He can not, however, get his glaive back around Albect in time to cut down the other one as it flees. jay's longsword also fails to find its mark as the zombie flees.

(So, the only red dot on the map should be the one furthest to the left. Albect, post both your rounds together if you'd like. Everyone else, feel free to post.)

MeklorIlavator
2009-03-05, 06:59 PM
Talus:

Talus hurries after the remaining Zombies and Skeletons, hoping to catch up to them before they move farther into the tomb. Still, he barely manages to catch up with the Zombies before they round the corner.

Double Move:Move forward 4, left 1 square, and Diagonal forward Left 1 square, up 1. That should use up all my moves. I'll eat up the AOO's as well.

Mangy Mathan
Dirk
Initiative: 24

"Albect!" Dirk yelps as he sees the arrow pierce his companion. He goes to shoot at the skeleton once again, but is stopped when it spontaneously combusts with holy fire. He tries to figure out where his blast is best placed when Talus hacks down one zombie. With only one crudely fleeing zombie left, his choice is clear.

Dirk narrows his eyes angrily. "Oh no you don't!"

[roll0] (Ranged Touch)
[roll1]

[roll2]

"Get back in the ground!"

Bangles
Jayletina

Lets see if he can play catch.

Move -> 1sq up and diagonal right 2 up and 1 right. Should put me 10ft south of the zombie. - Also draw a javelin as she goes and stow the shield.

"Lets see if he wants to play catch!"

Standard ->
[roll0]
[roll1]

Stats:

HP : 21/21 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
AC : 19
Init : 21

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-05, 07:50 PM
Logan
HP 15/15
Initiative 12
AC 19 Flat 17 touch 12

assuming MeklorIlavator meant right rather than left?

Seeing the blessed warrior move towards the foe, the holy man moves up to support him

double move - 6 squares straight up

DMBlackhart
2009-03-05, 08:06 PM
Albect
Initiative: 7
HP: 5 / 8 [♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥]
AC: 17? (13? Touch)

OoC: Ok so two sets of actions?

Albect whatches as the cleric comes to his rescue just in time. Moments later an arrow catches right on albects shoulder.Gah!! Damnit. Heh, good shot.

Albect, more intellegent then insane, sees the his job in the battle is through. He retreats as far back as he can. "Cleric, come to me. I require your service." Albect says this through gritted teeth.

( moving 30feet away, or more if its needed to get behind something that grants cover. Also im looking for cover. Also cleric mind healing me?) (I honestly cant do too much more... for now, so I will just ready an action on my second turn to disrupt any undead who come into range. )

Rodgin
2009-03-05, 08:14 PM
As Albect falls back, Jay and Dirk move in, putting the finishing touches on the last zombie. It falls in the rubble, its human looking face definitly dead again.

(100 EXP per person. Back to rollplaying, combat over.)

Bangles
2009-03-05, 08:29 PM
Jayletina

"Nice one boys and Lethe."

"Good shot Dirk "

Scrambling over the rubble she see's if the javelin is retrievable. Then she pokes through the skelentons crumbled forms and the zombies to see what they're like dead. And to see if they have anything shiny on them.

[roll0]

MeklorIlavator
2009-03-05, 08:36 PM
Talus:
Albect, that looks bad, let me look at it.
Talus removes the arrow from the sholder, and then lays his hand on the wound. It glows slightly for a moment, and when he removes his hand, the wound is healed. Talus moves on then, heading toward the door the zombies attempted to flee through, speaking over his shoulder.
Those looked unusually fresh...could they be the family from the town?

What about the skeleton's?

3 hit point restored to Albect, so 1 point left for my Lay on Hands.
In any case, I'll look around the corner
spot[roll0]

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-05, 09:11 PM
Logan

wait friend - dont open that door just yet!

silently intoning a prayer over the now dead undead zombie corpses - maybe now they shall finally get to rest

That door has been wedged shut - pointing to the piton on at the bottom

maybe there will be some clues to the cause of this evil here in the burial preperation chamber if they kept any records... or on the bodies of those finally departed? If none of you mind touching the dead, it may help turn up evidence

what is the black dot in the bottom left? - sorry if ive missed the explaination already

[roll0]

[roll1] - for any evidence pointing towards the cause of the outbreak

Mangy Mathan
2009-03-05, 09:12 PM
Dirk

The skeletons were incinerated by Logan's turn undead because he is twice their level. I think that was mentioned in the OOC thread, not here, though.

Dirk leaps off Jay's shoulders and hurries to check the wound, his hood flipping back as he drops to the floor. "Albect, are you okay?" Seeing that Albect is alright, he turns to the other members of the party. "You guys are good." He says. "Especially you." He yaps, pointing to Logan. "That was amazing!"

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-05, 09:22 PM
Logan

Er...Thank you the young priest says, obviously not quite comfortable with such high public praise "but i'm meerly carrying out the good work of the ever benevolant Pelor - the restful dead should be allowed to stay dead"

moving over to check on Albect's, preparing to tear off some of his robe for a make shift bandage, he stops seeing the wound miraculously healed by the touch of the paladin

"it seems i am not the only one the gods favour to heal the sick in these lands, blessed a warrior. I could not have done it better myself. Are you ok albect? im so sorry i did not tend to you soon... but that poor person. I had to try and lay them back to eternal rest as soon as possible. Please understand... i am sorry"

DMBlackhart
2009-03-05, 09:27 PM
Albect

Standing back to his feat. Heh, thanks for that. you were magnificant. I hardly did a thing. Infact if it wasent for my lucky guess I wouldent have caught the first zombie. He kicks the one closest to the floor.Hmm, I wonder if they are the family.... Well in any case they are dead now. Albect then once overs the area for clues and such.

Search-take 20

Hesquidor
2009-03-06, 02:15 PM
Lethe

"Great job guys! That was very impressive."

Lethe wanders over to the far wall to pull out her wayward bolt. Afterwards she walks back over to the foot of the stairs to examine the woman's body.

[roll0]

Rodgin
2009-03-06, 04:32 PM
Jay:

As you dig through the remains of your enemies, you pull out three short bows and 27 arrows. One of the arrows has special runes carved into the head.

Dirk:

You do nothing but watch. I just didn't want you to feel left out.

Talus:

As you look around the corner, you see more vaults lining the walls. There is little over here of note, just a door on the far side that's closed. As best you can figure, the undead were waiting in this room for you.

Lethe:

You search over the woman's body, finding blugeon marks all over. She was clubbed to death, or at least that is your guess. Judging from the looks of this, she was the woman in the family that went missing.

Logan:

As you check the room for clues of the family, you not that the two zombies and the body of the woman all have a similar necklace. Looks to be a family sigil. That would explain the dead relative and the mother and father, but the daughter is still missing.

Albect:

As you start to search the room, you find it is set up with bodies waiting for tombs. The remaining bodies are in burial clothes, but they have obviously been ruimmaged through. Looters, by your estimation. All the vaults appear to be similarly tossed. Except the northwest vautl. There is a piton sealing it shut.

Bangles
2009-03-06, 04:49 PM
Jayletina

"Oooh guys! Look what I found!"

With that she picks up and shows the three bows about and the 27 arrows.

"Oooh Dirk and Albect look! This arrow has some runes carved into the arrowhead."

With that she will hand the arrow over to whichever is closer let, let the magic guys figure out the arrow.

Then wander over to the vault in the corner.

"Ooh still shut. Reckon we should open it and have a look inside?"

DMBlackhart
2009-03-06, 04:54 PM
Albect

Recieving the arrow from jayletina he gives it a quick glance over, then hading it over to the kolbold. Mayhaps you will denote the effects of the runes? With a small humm albect muses over the runes in his head, then the preceding battle.Possibly an incidiary effect?

Albect then turns to Jayletina once again. Hold a moment jayletina. May I see those bows? I wish to appraise them for arcane capabilities.

Albect will do so, and use detect magic for the full 3 round duration on each.

Hesquidor
2009-03-06, 05:07 PM
Lethe

"Well I guess this woman is part of the missing family. Looks like she took a pretty hard beating. Reckon those zombies did that?"

And if that poor woman knew who those zombies were when they was alive... Lethe shivers.

"Well then, shall we press on?"

DMBlackhart
2009-03-06, 05:12 PM
Albect

After hooking his crossbow to his belt albect will nab one of the shortbows ( if any magical then that one )

And put the 20 or so arrows in a quiver ( again unless you guys decide I not to have them)

He will draw the bow back, the rune arrow loaded ( after dirk appraises it of course )

Lead the way

DM!!: Take a look in the OoC thread for my use magic device. I dont wanna keep posting here so I decided I will do it there.

Mangy Mathan
2009-03-06, 05:13 PM
Dirk

I think these things require some kind of activation word. Let's see if my sucktastic rolls continue. Aaaand they do.

Dirk fumbles with the arrows, trying to attune himself to them and their innate powers. He mutters to himself incoherently, stringing together arcane syllables. Albect realizes that what he is speaking is indeed components for a spell, but it's gibberish. Dirk doesn't appear to actually know what he's saying.

[roll0] Just high enough to keep it from blowing up in my face. I should invest in Skill Focus. Can't wait for Deceive Item at 4th level. Automatic take 10!

Bangles
2009-03-06, 05:17 PM
Jayletina

"Check the piton thing if you can Lethe? Make sure we're not walking into a giant trap? I'll watch your back."

With that Jay checks to see if her javelin into the zombie is still intact and if it is she will hook it into her belt loop with the rest. If not she'll go stand rear-guard for Lethe.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-06, 06:10 PM
Albect

Albect will also stand in the back. His magical shield still running ( thanks to dirks potion ) If the party has allowed him to keep a bow and some arrows ( and the magic arrow ) then he will have that one drawn, ready to unleash.

( if I dont have the bow or arrow/arrows then I will unhook my fully loaded crossbow and prepare it )

Mangy Mathan
2009-03-06, 06:21 PM
Dirk

Dirk triggers runes on the arrow, causing it to glow and crackle viciously. The kobold quickly drops the arrow to the ground, narrowly avoiding a catastrophe. He waves his claws in the standard 'I ain't touching that' way, and joins his friends inspecting the piton.

I avoided a 2d6 magic damage mishap by 1 point. :smalleek:

"If that's a problem, I can get rid of it for you." He hisses in an uncharacteristically sinister way, his beady eyes glowing red in the dim light of the tomb.

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-07, 12:14 AM
Logan

"These bodies are the missing family members mia mentioned - but i can't see the body of the daughter? Maybe shes trapped deeper inside. I suggestion caution

if we must open the vault, i say we do so carefully"

moving to 10ft away from the vault door

If we are going to open it - lets get ready and into position incase more of these foul things are inside

MeklorIlavator
2009-03-07, 02:40 AM
Talus:
Agreed. There's no telling what they'll do to her.
With that, Talus follows Logan to the Vault.

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-07, 12:16 PM
ooc
if someone goes to open the door, logan will ready an attack against anything that rushes out to attack if they look undead or dangerous

Hesquidor
2009-03-07, 03:20 PM
Lethe

After getting her crossbow primed, Lethe turns her attention towards the vault door. Once she has thoroughly examined the piton and the surrounding area, she opens the door.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Rodgin
2009-03-07, 03:31 PM
Lethe:

You can't see a trap, and you think you here weeping inside the vault, but the stone muffles it to the point that you can't be sure. As you go to open the door, you see the piton is keeping it from pulling out and open.

Hesquidor
2009-03-07, 03:50 PM
Lethe

"Is...is that someone crying?"

She attempts to yank the piton out and fling open the vault door.

Rodgin
2009-03-07, 03:52 PM
Lethe grabs hold of the piton to yank it loose, but it doesn't budge at all. Apparently it was hammered in soundly.

Hesquidor
2009-03-07, 04:18 PM
Lethe

Lethe licks her lips. "Erm, could I get a little help with this?"

Bangles
2009-03-07, 04:19 PM
Jayletina

"Oh come on Lethe, its a little bit of rock."

With that Jay just boots it as hard as she can attempting to shove it out of the door.

Mangy Mathan
2009-03-07, 04:20 PM
Dirk

Dirk grins sadistically. "Gladly." He hisses. The kobold points at the piton, and mutters syllables that chill your blood.

If the piton weighs less than 20 lbs. and is nonmagical, it breaks into tiny pieces. Baleful Utterance, works like Shatter.

Rodgin
2009-03-07, 04:30 PM
Jay's boot does nothing to the piton, but Dirk's spell blows apart the piton, freeing the door up.

It swings open and a little girl stumbles out, tired, dirty and tear stained. She looks at all of you quickly, careful to keep her eyes from straying over the bodies.

"Can someone take me home please," she says looking up at Jay.

Bangles
2009-03-07, 04:32 PM
Jayletina

"Aww you poor little thing.

Don't worry. It's okay now. We'll get you back home. Don't worry"

With that Jay will pick up the little girl hugging her close to her shoulder, take a quick look into the room and then start walking back out, back up the stairs we came in, back out to the guards at the gates of the cemetary.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-07, 04:35 PM
Albect

Hooking his crossbow back to his belt and lowering his gaurd as the girl escapes the doorway. "Hmhm, well not much of a ghost story, but a fitting end to my first time out in the field"

Albect turns to his small college.Excuse me, dirk. I must say that was impressive. My magics are nowhere near your skill in the art.
And with a sly wink, heh. but lets see you hit a bulleye.

And with this albect will head into the next room.

Hesquidor
2009-03-07, 04:36 PM
Lethe

Seeing that the girl is being cared for, Lethe looks around the vault the girl was being kept in.

[roll0]

Mangy Mathan
2009-03-07, 04:38 PM
Dirk

Dirk quickly flips his hood up, hiding his face in shadow and keeps from looking at the girl. Knowing she's safe in Jay's hands, he decides to slip past and inspect the room she was being held in, searching for clues as to how she found herself there, and what may have sealed her in. He still doesn't know how this all started, and without that question answered, this isn't over.

Taking 20 on search (24 total), using Detect Magic to look for magical clues and/or items. Assuming any coffin vaults in the walls or on the floor aren't lead-lined, I should be able to see into them as well (can penetrate a foot of stone).

"We all have our unique abilities, Albect." He says softly. You can't see his eyes, but the flesh around his teeth pulls back in what appears to be a smirk.

He watches Jay head out with the girl, then heads into the room. He glances at Lethe, then Albect, before slowly drawing his dagger.

After an awkward moment, he tosses it up into the air and attempts to blast it with that same dark beam he used before. His beam strikes it, causing it to wobble and land a few feet away. Dirk stares at it and growls.

"Figures."

1d20+7
[/roll=Damage]1d6[/roll] See rolls below.

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-07, 04:39 PM
Logan

wait - is it not more prudent to check around, to see if we can identify the source of this evil? If we can snuff it out now, we may be able to stop it spreading further

holding up his holy symbol and intoning a prayer

rodgin

cast detect magic - aiming towards the vault, catching the little girl in the area if possible

Mangy Mathan
2009-03-07, 04:46 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

DMBlackhart
2009-03-07, 04:50 PM
Albect will build off the kolbolds lead and begin his own magic and mundane search of the crypt.
( search take 20... so I think 20 total )

And detect magic cast in the most prudent 60foot area.

MeklorIlavator
2009-03-07, 07:17 PM
Talu:
Talus's first action after the girl appears is to kneel down beside her an checks her for injuries.
Don't worry, you're safe now. Come on, lets get you out of here..
After checking her over, he gets up slowly, while speaking, and heads out of the tomb after the girl.
Logan's right. Something raised those skeletons, controlled those wolves, and killed the family. Whoever did that must answer.

First of all, check to make sure the Girl's okay. Perhaps a Heal check of some sort:[roll0]. Not sure about the modifiers, but if it's apporpriate, I have +6 in Heal.

Mangy Mathan
2009-03-07, 07:59 PM
Dirk

"What are you doing?" Dirk asks Albect when he begins casting.

Rodgin
2009-03-07, 08:14 PM
Searching the vault reveals nothing but a few baubles the grave robbers must have missed. There is not magic to be seen by any searching for it, on the girl or in the vault.

Jay and Talus get the girl up to the gate, where Mia is still waiting. The girl doesn't appear physically hurt, though the emotional scars will be long coming. Mia quickly agrees to take the girl back to town.

Dirk blasts his dagger into bits, proving he can hit a bullseye.
(Remove dagger from your inventory)

Albect:

Your brief glance through the door into the next room show another hall, with vaults lining the end. Fifteen feet ahead you makeout another statue in an alcove to the left, with fountains on either side. A stone door sits across the hall from it. There is another branch heading to the left further down. Torches light this area as well.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-07, 08:42 PM
Albect

Your not the only one with the ability to see magic my friend. Addressing dirk

Albect then turns to the others, well, procure the childs well being then return with haste. We have more tomb to pilfer through.

albect then heads down the hall, using detect magic on the vaults.

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-07, 08:54 PM
Logan

considering the dangers we've already faced it may be to stick together

but what lies further through that vault door

says the young holyman as he approaches the now opened vault to see what lies inside

Rodgin
2009-03-08, 05:29 AM
Albect

You pick up no magic off of the vaults, but the fountains spackle with a faint aura. I will be posting the map once everyone decides to catch up with you.

Those of you at the vault:

You find nothing of any considerable value. There are a few baubles worth a gold piece or two, but nothing beyond that. The vault is a burial chamber, complete with a set of rotted out bones.

Talus and Jay:

With the little girl safe with Mia, you make your way back through, nothing unussual catchign your eye.

Hesquidor
2009-03-09, 04:50 AM
Lethe

Lethe tosses a glance over to Dirk. "That is so wasteful. You know, if you really didn't want your dagger you could have just given it to me."

She stands at the door ready to move on.

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-09, 08:20 AM
Logan

the holyman falls in behind the rogue, waiting for the group to form up around him to push deeper into the vault, to see if they can locate the source of this mystery

DMBlackhart
2009-03-09, 11:07 AM
Albect

Albect will push further towards the Fountain, all sense of security and sensibility lost. This water source has a magic of some kind, and hes determined to understand it. If nothing else, then for knowledge alone.

Search on the fountain [roll0]

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-09, 11:30 AM
Logan

seeing his companion splashing wildly about in the fountain, jumping up and down spraying water everywhere, the holyman goes to offer his assistant...

[roll0]

Bangles
2009-03-09, 03:26 PM
Jayletina

Walking back down into the vault just in time to see the cleric and Albect jumping through the fountain she's worried a monster has them.

Drawing a javelin and stowing her shield she rushes towards the fountain, then stops when she sees Dirk and the rest not actulaly reacting.

"What are they doing?"

She says with an incredulous look on her face

Mangy Mathan
2009-03-09, 03:57 PM
Dirk

The kobold looks at Lethe, then Albect splashing away and Logan trying to pull him out, then Lethe, then Jay. "We're not entirely sure." He yaps.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-09, 04:56 PM
Albect

S-sorry. I had tripped on...something. Hehe, had thought a monster got me.

Albect sieces his thrashing and stands up, drying his robes the best he can.

Well, Fountain seems to be clear, im going to check those vaults now.
Albect will head off to do that.

Search-Vaults [roll0]

Rodgin
2009-03-09, 08:08 PM
(So you guys can see what you're working with.)
MAP:

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss139/OperationPB/GITP%20Campaign/SideTomb.jpg

The fountain's water source can not be found, though as you all splash about in it, you find that is not harmful in any capacity. Across from the statue is a stone door with the words "Verduun and Gola Mikolos."

Albect:

You magic finds nothing in the vaults. If you take the time to manually rumage through them, which has already been done to several, you find a few baubles and jewlery. By pulling everything that looks remotely valuable, you figure you've got about 45 GP worth of goods.

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-09, 08:17 PM
Logan

"Are your feet clean now, albect?"

says the young holyman, trying to excuse the magicians shame

But stay close by - i wouldn't want any of you to be hurt by any real monsters

Mangy Mathan
2009-03-09, 08:45 PM
Dirk

After watching the sorcerer dry himself off as best he can, and giving a sorrowful headshake to Lethe, Dirk points to the door with the names on it. "That looks important. Does anyone know who they are? If not, wanna run out and ask Mia?"

Rodgin:
Does the door have a lock? If so, is it internal or external? External locks I can Baleful Utterance the **** out of, but internal locks will need Lethe's delicate touch.

And now I wish I had put more ranks into Knowledge (Anything).

Hesquidor
2009-03-10, 06:56 AM
Lethe

Verduun and Gola Mikolos... Lethe mulls over as she tries to remember any gossip she may have heard from her short stay at the Coronet and Cabbage.

She moves closer to the fountain, admiring it. "Hey guys, do you think it grants wishes?"
With that Lethe pulls a copper coin from her pack and throws it in the fountain.

Hesquidor
2009-03-10, 06:58 AM
Sorry, forgot knowledge check. [roll0]

Hesquidor
2009-03-13, 08:21 AM
Lethe

"Well I have no clue who Verduun and Gola were. I think they were from this town, but..." Lethe shrugs. "Should one of us go out and ask Mia, or should we just press on?"

MeklorIlavator
2009-03-14, 10:36 PM
Talus:
I say we move on: if the tomb isn't disturbed, then I doubt that it's the reason for the undead, and our first priority should be finding the cause.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-14, 10:49 PM
albect will stand about, talking to his snake familar lucifer.

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-14, 11:45 PM
Logan

Im inclined to agree with the Blessed Warrior - unless there is obvious signs of the undead or recent disturbance, let the dead lie peacefully untill we've exhausted other options

Rodgin
2009-03-16, 08:02 AM
(My apologies for the delay. I'm in the Army Reserve and had drill this weekend. The boards wouldn't let me back on last night, and they were closed the night before I left.)

As you move on down the hall, you take the left, and move down the stairs towards the door into the next area. As you decend down the stairs, you note that the collor of the stone moves to a darker shade of grey. The pattern and size of the blocks also changes.

Jay, Logan, and Talus

You see this carved onto the door. (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/barrow_gallery/102706.jpg)

Dirk, Albect, and Lethe

Make a will save. Here is fine.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-16, 10:02 AM
Albect

The conversation between albect and his reptillian ends abruptly.
Albect stares into space for a moment. Before regaining his composure.

Will Save: [roll0]

Hesquidor
2009-03-16, 11:55 AM
Lethe

[roll0]

Mangy Mathan
2009-03-16, 12:33 PM
Let's see if my awesome rolls continue... [/sarcasm]

[roll0]

Rodgin
2009-03-16, 01:00 PM
Albect:

Go back and read the previous spoiler that wasn't for you.

Lethe and Dirk:

The door panels look like this picture. (Won't let me imbed the link. Go here: http://authenticgifts2u.com/images/products/GC87.jpg)

Mangy Mathan
2009-03-16, 01:32 PM
Dirk

The kobold follows the group closely, sticking close to the legs of his companions. When he notices the stones getting darker, he reaches out a clawed hand to touch them, checking to see if they're wet.

"Logan," Dirk hisses in a low voice. "How much do you know about crypts? Do you know what this might be, or who might be buried behind a door like this?"

DMBlackhart
2009-03-16, 04:22 PM
Albect
Albect catches notice of the door. His eyes go wide, and he gos quiet.

Knowledge Arcana-
To discern what the creature in the picture is. (beholder. :p )

[roll0]

Albects eyes dart all about the picture. Whatevers going on in his mind, is unclear.

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-16, 08:50 PM
Logan

"hmmm, im not sure, my small friend, but whatever it is, it certainly doesn;t look friendly... and that riddle, is rather cryptic too

i'd advise caution"

[spoiler]

what is the creature/any hints for the riddle

1d20+5

[/roll]

Mangy Mathan
2009-03-16, 09:08 PM
Dirk

Dirk stares blankly at Logan for a moment. "What riddle?"

DMBlackhart
2009-03-16, 09:21 PM
OoC: Not sure if this is appropriate. I should do riddles IC. However I suck at riddles. and since im playing one of the intellectuals on the team I figured I could get the DM to help me a little. Mind you only if I do good on this roll.

INT check to decipher the riddle-[roll0]

( all im asking is if I make the check, is for a couple hints to make the riddle easier. )

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-16, 09:48 PM
third times a charm?

knowledge (arcana)[roll0]

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-16, 09:50 PM
Logan

staring blankly at his small companion for a second, the holy man asks

do you not see it? scribbed there below the image of the beast

Mangy Mathan
2009-03-17, 02:20 PM
Dirk

Dirk yaps, "Beast?" He stares for a moment, dumbfounded. "You mean the cow? I can't see it. What does it say?" He looks up at the upper left of the right panel, trying in vain to get a closer look despite his stature.

Hesquidor
2009-03-20, 01:36 PM
Lethe

"Okay, am I missing something? There isn't any writing on the door. And while those reliefs are quite well carved, I hardly think they require that much close inspection."

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-21, 08:39 AM
Logan

The beast there! on the door - a floating creature with one eye and many tenticles...

something is afoot here, friends

says the holy man before mutter a spell

DM

cast detect magic on the door

also - did my knowledge arcana roll identify the creature? obv a beholder, but logan might not know that

Rodgin
2009-03-21, 09:20 AM
Logan:

Yes, you know it's a beholder. You detect two auras, a moderate abjuration and a minor illussion. You are unable to determine what the spels are though. (I rolled Spellcraft checks for you to speed things up.)

Bangles
2009-03-21, 09:22 AM
Jayletina

{{sorry the forums have been fritzing for me, not been able to get one except one day when the stupid comic was up so no one could use the forum."}}

"Well I assume that each of those ten circular things on the edge corrresponds to a vault door. Think about it, ten vault doors and ten phrases would make sense, one matching each?

Perhaps the thing itself is the mechanism to open all of the doors? Or at least one?"

With that Jay will just push the thing in the middle of its big ugly head and then each of the outer circles working clockwise starting at the bottom left man bending over one.

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-21, 09:31 AM
Logan

there is some magic at work here friends, so be cautious - An illusion is at work, which would explain the differences in our vision... and also some sort of protective magic in place

anything involving a beholder worries me deeply

Blessed warrior... can i call upon you to see if there is potential harm or evil in place

Hesquidor
2009-03-21, 01:15 PM
Lethe

Lethe rolls her eyes. "Thats all we need. A wizard bored enough to cast spells on door in a crypt filled the undead. Still a battle of wits might be fun. What's the writing say?"

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-21, 10:47 PM
Logan

i think its best to wait for our blessed friend to check for the presence of any hostile evil on it incase it is trapped

MeklorIlavator
2009-03-22, 12:49 AM
Talus:
If you think that it would help, I'm all for it.
Talus once again concentrates, letting out a deep breathe as he does so.

Detect evil on the door.

Sorry for the late posting.

Bangles
2009-03-23, 04:18 PM
Jayletina

"Lethe you really can't see it?

Well here is what it says anyway;

Magic dies, fast men slow, the passage you seek is not below. Eye of death,
eye of stone, the key to the passage they have not shown. Fear and mind, you
can say, will move you around in the wrong way. Friends are shy, sleep in rest,
neither point to the passage best. Enemy friend, painful wound, oblivion aids,
it is runed.

---

I still think this stone carving thing is the key."

Rodgin
2009-03-23, 04:45 PM
Jay:

None of the places on the door you push give way. On closer examination, none of the carvings move.

Talus:

No evil detected.

MeklorIlavator
2009-03-23, 08:06 PM
Talus:
I can't sense anything. Anyone else have an idea?

Hesquidor
2009-03-24, 01:30 PM
Lethe

"Did you say the monster had an eye? Have you tried pushing that?"

DMBlackhart
2009-03-24, 01:40 PM
Albect

Albects familiar lucifer once again uncoils itself from his pouch. Looking Albect sqaure in the eyes.

Hmmm, you sure? well, I suppose. The odd wizard speaks to the snake, as if they understand one another.

Albect then ushers lucifer back into his pouch, before mimicing the movements of the bodies in each of the "eyes" of the creature in the diagram.

Mangy Mathan
2009-03-24, 03:05 PM
Dirk

Dirk yelps, "Wait, which eye? Beholders have a bunch of them right? Which one's the button?" He thinks for a moment. "Wait, don't beholders have magic powers associated with their eyes? I remember that they can kill with their eyes and petrify... Eye of Death and Eye of Stone... what if the things in the poem are references to the eyes' powers?"

Shouldn't Lethe and Dirk get a second save with a +4 bonus since we've been told it's an illusion?

[roll0]

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-24, 03:24 PM
Logan

10 eyes... 10 vaults.... and maybe they correspond to the vaults back there?

Bangles
2009-03-24, 03:47 PM
Jayletina

"Ooh maybe. Theres also 10 pictures around the edge. Hmm, im still convinced this is the key.

Oh well."

With this Jay pushes each of the eyes before anyone can tell her not too.

Rodgin
2009-03-24, 05:45 PM
(Good call Dirk. Lethe, feel free to reroll. Dirk, you can go back and look at the link.)

As Jay starts pushing eyes, nothing happens. As Albect pantomimes out the scenes....nothing happens.

This puzzle is proving to be a bit more puzzling then you've thought, or perhaps it's easier then you thought?

Mangy Mathan
2009-03-24, 07:49 PM
Dirk

"Enemy friend... painful wound... oblivion aids..." Dirk hops up, touching the circle with the shaking hands. "Enemy friend..."

He presses the one with the bleeding arm. "Painful wound."

Finally, he presses the one with the lightning bolt and the fading person. "Oblivion."

If that doesn't work, he presses them at the same time, two hands and one tail.

If that doesn't work, he says, "It is runed." And begins glancing around for blocks with writing on them. Where's a vault with writing?

xPANCAKEx
2009-03-30, 09:42 PM
Logan

while his companions ponder over the (rather tricky) beholders image, the young holyman wanders back to the uponed vault pushing back the doors to peer inside

DMBlackhart
2009-04-07, 12:58 AM
Bump-bump.....bump-bump.....bump-bump......bump-beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. LIVE!!! ( sorry im a drama queen. :p )