PDA

View Full Version : How the BLEEP do I uninstall Gears of War?

Jeivar
2009-02-26, 04:46 PM
Sorry if it's unbecoming to make two question-threads less than an hour apart, but I guess it just goes to show what a whiz I am with computers :smallsigh:

about half a year ago I bought GoW for the PC, installed it without incident, and enjoyed it immensely. Then I uninstalled it to make room for another game, and more recently; tried to reinstall it. The installer insisted that it was ALREADY installed, even though a thorough search revealed not a single file related to Gears or War, and eventually I gave up.

Now I've just had my computer formatted, throwing out EVERYTHING, presumably including whatever file was causing the problem. So tonight I again try to install the damn thing, and it SEEMS to work, except at the end some BS popup tells me something went wrong. And even though the installation ate up a big chunk of my disk space, and the files are all there, it not insists that I HAVEN'T installed Gears of War, it doesn't appear in my 'install/uninstall' and I can't find an uninstallation.
So I'm giving up again, and would just like to know how to uninstall this sorry mess of a game, so I can get my disk space back.

Any help? Please? This is driving me crazy.

Brother Oni
2009-02-26, 05:46 PM
Try using a registry editor to delete the broken registry keys, so that windows now thinks it's properly uninstalled. You can use the built in regedit (Start-Run-regedit) or if you're not comfortable with messing around with that, try something like CCleaner.

A word of warning - don't go around deleting things at random, else it can completely mess up your windows installation, causing (another) reformat.

After that, go find where you installed the program to and just delete the entire directory.

Graymayre
2009-02-26, 09:03 PM
edit: (ignore This post)