PDA

View Full Version : Pig-bitch?

lemonhoney
2009-02-27, 02:52 AM
Okay, I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but for some odd reason, this question occurred to me:

In 533 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0533.html), one of the other resistance leaders calls Haley a "Pig-bitch". Would this really be a valid insult considering Azurites worship the Pig as one of their 12 gods? :smallconfused:

Random, but just wondering.

Shpadoinkle
2009-02-27, 06:27 AM
Maybe the pig god is the god of... bitchiness, or something.

Cúchulainn
2009-02-27, 06:45 AM
I doubt the Azurites worship the pig for being so darn good lookin'.

[TS] Shadow
2009-02-27, 07:02 AM
Maybe they knew it would insult her, so they said it, even if they admired pigs. Or maybe that one pig is special.

RebelRogue
2009-02-27, 07:30 AM
Mmm... pig! It truly is a magical animal!

NerfTW
2009-02-27, 08:51 AM
I got the impression not everyone worships all twelve gods. We know there are evil gods in that group, so it stands to reason that some might be considered lesser.

That, and since the twelve gods cover most animals you'd find in a small town, I doubt general pigs/dogs/monkeys/chickens/whatnot are considered sacred.

Prak
2009-02-27, 02:00 PM
Shadow;5827608']Maybe they knew it would insult her, so they said it, even if they admired pigs. Or maybe that one pig is special.

or maybe Rich just didn't think this one through before using a common insult used towards americans and random inconsiderate people (usually men).

truemane
2009-02-27, 03:32 PM
I don't know. I think you can worship a pig as part of a pantheon and still be able to use the term as a pejorative.

My wife is big into Saving the Whales but I don't think I'd get very far calling her one.

"But baby! I don't get it ! You said the whale was a powerful and majestic creature!"

"Yeah? Well you can think about that all week while you're sleeping on the couch."

TBone
2009-02-27, 04:11 PM
I don't know. I think you can worship a pig as part of a pantheon and still be able to use the term as a pejorative.

My wife is big into Saving the Whales but I don't think I'd get very far calling her one.

"But baby! I don't get it ! You said the whale was a powerful and majestic creature!"

"Yeah? Well you can think about that all week while you're sleeping on the couch."

awesome. i lol'ed.

Silverraptor
2009-02-27, 05:03 PM

Nice!:smallamused:

Spiky
2009-02-28, 11:41 AM
The whole point of cursing is to mock your god. And soldiers aren't exactly known for their clean language.

Berserk Monk
2009-02-28, 11:55 AM
The dog is also part of the 12 gods Azurite pantheon, and bitch is just a female dog. Maybe it's a sexist thing. It was said by the male soldier.

Irish_Man 54
2009-02-28, 02:12 PM
well, it obviously wasn't meant as a term of endearment, or else dragon-bitch would have worked too haha.

Optimystik
2009-03-01, 04:33 AM
In Faerun, Beshaba and Umberlee are frequently labelled as bitches, and just as frequently honored and worshipped (out of fear mostly, but still.)

I got the impression not everyone worships all twelve gods. We know there are evil gods in that group, so it stands to reason that some might be considered lesser.

More likely they worship (or at least, acknowledge) them all, and revere one above the rest. Observe the views of the unnamed soldier climbing the mountain near Roy in #493. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0493.html)

Balgus
2009-03-01, 05:39 PM
Whether or not people worship an animal doesnt eliminate the fact that it has characteristics that are not... desirable.

I am asian - and do believe in the 12 animals of the zodiac, but that doesnt lessen the sting of calling some a pig. Plus - if i call a girl a dog, that is not a compliment.