PDA

View Full Version : Teamwork Benefits

Swooper
2009-02-27, 06:07 AM
So, I was paging through my shiny new copy of Heroes of Battle when I noticed the Teamwork Benefits. I knew about them from PHB2, but had totally forgotten them. I don't think I've ever seen them mentioned on these forums, so I thought I'd start a discussion and get the Playground's opinion of them...

Have you guys used them? They don't actually cost you anything beyond the prerequisites and time, so given enough downtime, is there any reason not to train up everything the party (or even just a part of the party) qualifies for? Which ones are good and are worth getting the prerequisites for even if you're not using them for anything else? Which ones are traps and not worth the prerequisites?

Kaiyanwang
2009-02-27, 06:19 AM
My experience: my players used the one for the short rest using elven trance, and the one granting a free action spot and listen check.

The firs can be useful, but the second one saved their life in some istances.

TWB are not uber, but I consider them useful. Suggestion: don't assume every party member take every benefit: sometimes is better build sub-groups of players with strategic appropriate TWB.

trehek
2009-02-27, 08:20 AM
Funnily enough, even though I've suggested taking some of those to the players, for some reason party cohesion has always managed to prevent them from completing any mutual training. Aaand no, there are no evil PCs in the group. :smalleek:

Epinephrine
2009-02-27, 09:19 AM
... given enough downtime, is there any reason not to train up everything the party (or even just a part of the party) qualifies for?

There's a limit of 1 TWB per 4 levels, IIRC. You you do have to pick which ones you'll pick up.

Some are a bit absurd - for example, allowing the entire party to travel at the fastest member's rate cross country can get frighteningly fast when the player is something odd, like a hunter variant druid (monk speed bonuses, no wildshape).

Our 8th level party has 2 benefits going - the full move hide/move silently teamwork benefit and awareness. Both are quite handy.

Swooper
2009-02-27, 01:23 PM
There's a limit of 1 TWB per 4 levels, IIRC. You you do have to pick which ones you'll pick up.
Ah, thank you. I missed this limitation the first time I read it.. Now it makes much more sense.