2006-09-02, 12:55 AM
Nensha
Size/Type: Medium Undead (Incorporeal)
Hit Dice: 13d12 (84 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: Fly 30 ft. (perfect) (6 squares)
Armor Class: 22 (+7 Dex, +5 deflection), touch 22, flatfooted 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/–
Attack: Incorporeal touch +13 melee (2d6 plus 2d4 Cha drain)
Full Attack: Incorporeal touch +13 melee (2d6 plus 2d4 Cha drain)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Charisma drain, curse of seven years, mirror projection, shards of glass
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/magic, darkvision 60 ft., incorporeal traits, naturally invisible, soul mirror, spell resistance 22, undead traits
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +10, Will +11
Abilities: Str –, Dex 24, Con –, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 20
Skills: Bluff +21, Intimidate +21, Listen +19, Spot +19
Feats: Ability Focus (Mirror Projection), Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Combat Reflexes
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 10
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
Advancement: 14-25 HD (Medium)
Level Adjustment: +4

Nenshas, also known as mirror revenants, are undead spirits born from those who die in front of mirrors. If they have an intense desire to live, they can affix their souls to the mirror, allowing them to live on as twisted undead reflections of what they once were. Nenshas feed off of fear, driving others to death through it in order to sustain themselves. While a Nensha is invisible, certain magic can see its true form, and its true form is revealed when it uses its mirror projection ability. Nenshas appear as pale, all but skeletally thin reflections of what they once were in life. Their eyes are mirrored globes, and their traits are mirrored from what they were in life–a scar would move from the left side of the face to the right, for example.

Charisma Drain (Su)
Living creatures hit by a Nensha’s incorporeal touch attack must succeed on a DC 21 Will save or take 2d4 points of Charisma drain. The save DC is Charisma-based. On each such successful attack, the Nensha gains 5 temporary hit points.

Curse of Seven Years (Su)
If a creature truly kills a Nensha by reducing it to 0 hp when its soul mirror is destroyed, it must make a DC 21 Will save or become cursed, as the greater bestow curse* spell. However, the curse has a duration of seven years, rather than permanent. The save is Cha based.

*See Heroes of Horror

Mirror Projection (Su)
As a standard action, a Nensha may cause any mirror or reflective surface within 30 ft. of it to show its true, horrific face. Any creature that can see the mirror or surface must make a DC 23 Will save or become panicked for 2d4 rounds. In addition, if they fail that, they must then make a DC 23 Fortitude save exactly one week later or die. If the Nensha uses its soul mirror, all creatures take a -4 penalty on their saves. If the Nensha uses a reflective surface rather than a true mirror, all creatures receive a +4 circumstance bonus on their saves. The save is Cha based. This is a mind-affecting, fear ability.

Shards of Glass (Su)
As a standard action, a Nensha may surround itself in a vortex of glass shards. All creatures within 30 ft. of it take 10d6 points of slashing damage, Reflex DC 21 half. Damage reduction applies to the damage dealt by the shards, which overcome damage reduction as magic weapons. The save is Cha based.

Natural Invisibility (Ex)
A Nensha is constantly invisible. This ability is inherent and not subject to the invisibility purge spell. A see invisibility spell cannot be used to see it, but a true seeing spell can.

Soul Mirror (Su)
All Nenshas are bound to the mirror they died in front of. If they die while the mirror remains intact, they reform at its location in one week. Only by destroying the soul mirror and then reducing the Nensha to 0 hp can it truly be destroyed. A Nensha’s soul mirror has an aura of moderate evil.

ExHunterEmerald
2006-09-02, 01:10 AM
...read the /b/ creepy thread, did you?
I approve.

The Demented One
2006-09-02, 01:12 AM
...read the /b/ creepy thread, did you?
I approve.
Needs more /x/. Have you not yet made the transition to 7chan?

Bob_the_Mighty
2006-09-02, 01:12 AM
This looks like a pretty good monster. It's abilities all make sense, and I like the seven year curse. It's just cool.

For stats, I think that Fort and Ref should each be one higher. That's all I can really post for now. I'm trying to check on some other stuff, but my computers busying sucking ass, so it's kinda hard.

Edit: Now that its stopped, I'm wondering how this creatures has such high skills. I'm probably missing some bonuses, though. Also, I don't how incorporeal touch attacks work, but if you don't use Dex instead of Str then somethings off.

ExHunterEmerald
2006-09-02, 05:53 PM
Needs more /x/. Have you not yet made the transition to 7chan?
7chan didn't impress me, but I may have made my judgement early.
4chan seems to be doing lovely, now that the pedo exodus has been done.

The Demented One
2006-09-02, 06:11 PM
7chan didn't impress me, but I may have made my judgement early.
4chan seems to be doing lovely, now that the pedo exodus has been done.
The fact that they have a board just for paranormal was the key factor in winning me over. Plus, the lack of invasion in /b/ kills a lot of the fun.

ExHunterEmerald
2006-09-02, 07:01 PM
That's the only thing I miss, the invasions.

Tom Green getting a taste of his own medicine was beautiful.
Perhaps you'll see me on /x/ after all...

The Demented One
2006-09-02, 07:06 PM
That's the only thing I miss, the invasions.

Tom Green getting a taste of his own medicine was beautiful.
Perhaps you'll see me on /x/ after all...
Oh god, the Tom Green thing was beautiful...I never thought I would hear someone verbally spam desu.

Eighth_Seraph
2006-09-02, 07:22 PM

Are you two trying to make the rest of us feel lost?

The Demented One
2006-09-02, 07:27 PM
If you're lost, it means you still retain a soul. Don't feel bad about it.

ExHunterEmerald
2006-09-02, 07:29 PM

Are you two trying to make the rest of us feel lost?
Thread's closed. Desu.

Eighth_Seraph
2006-09-02, 07:52 PM
Wait, what happens if you 'destroy' the Nensha, then destroy mirror? The way you wrote it, it seems like the Nensha can be destroyed if things are done only in that order.

How do you like the new avatar, by the way, D1? Beats the default 'Monkguy' one I (and five other frequent posters) was using.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-09-03, 11:57 PM
MitP Vote: Yes.

Leperflesh
2006-09-12, 07:28 PM
Answer Eigth-Seraph's question. Also: that Mirror Projection thing is nasty. If you fail your save, you might easily assume that the only ill affect is the temporary panick. Then... a WEEK LATER, you DIE. Is there any way to detect that you've been cursed to die in a week? Like, with magic or anything? How would you even know? There's lots of save-or-die abilities at high level, I get that, but this one just seems particularly insidious.

I don't think you should give an LA. This creature shouldn't be played as a PC.

MitP Vote: Yes

-Lep