View Full Version : [Creature] Dark Feathers, Cruel Talons

The Demented One
2006-08-06, 04:59 PM
Raven Lady

http://images.elfwood.com/art/f/l/flingling/raven_faery3.jpg

Size/Type: Medium Fey
Hit Dice: 11d6+33 (69 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), fly 30 ft. (average)
Armor Class: 18 (+5 Dex, +3 natural), touch 15, flatfooted 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+4
Attack: Eldritch Blast +10 ranged (4d6) Claw +4 melee (1d4-1)
Full Attack: Eldritch Blast +10 ranged (4d6) or 2 Claws +4 melee (1d4-1)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Eldritch blast, invocations
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, DR 10/cold iron, change shape, devour sight, mirror breaker
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +11
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 20, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 18, Cha 18
Skills: Concentration +17, Hide +19, Intimidate +18, Knowledge (Nature) +15, Listen +18, Move Silently +19, Spot +18
Feats: Dodge, Mobility, Hover, Empower Spell-Like Ability (Eldritch Blast)
Environment: Cool Forests
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 10
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Advancement: By class level
Level Adjustment: +6

Raven Ladies are dark fey, the cruelest of the fair folk. Not part of either Seelie or Unseelie Court, these fey warlocks roam their home woods, searching for dead bodies. By devouring the corpse’s eyes, they can see what killed it–and whatever the killer was, it then becomes the sole target of the Raven Lady’s wrath. They are not enforcers of justice by any means, nor do they care for those they avenge–they simply kill those who offend their warped sense of right and wrong. They appear as dark, almost lethally thin twins of dryads, with twisted, talon-like claws and dark, raven-feathered wings. While a Raven Lady’s face is beautiful, it is an atrocity to her own eyes, and she attempts to destroy anything that reflects her visage back at her.

Eldritch Blast (Sp)
A Raven Lady uses an eldritch blast as an 8th level Warlock.

Invocations (Sp)
A Raven Lady uses invocations as an 8th level Warlock. The DC’s of her invocations equal 14 plus invocation level. Her eldritch blasts typically take the appearance of a black, raven-shaped bolt of energy.

Typical Invocations Known
Least– baleful utterance, eldritch spear, see the unseen; Lesser–beshadowed blast, curse pf despair

Change Shape (Su)
A Raven Lady can assume the form of a Raven, Giant RavenFB, or Murder of RavensToM.

Devour Sight (Su)
As a standard action, a Raven Lady may eat the eyes of any dead creature. Doing so shows it whatever killed the dead creature to the extent that the dead creature saw it.

Mirror Breaker (Su)
A Raven Lady is so repulsed by her own face that any mirrors brought near her are destroyed. A mirror openly displayed within 60 ft. of a Raven Lady is destroyed. If it is a magic item, it may attempt a DC 19 Will save to avoid being destroyed. A creature native to the Plane of Mirrors, such as a Nerra, takes 5d6 points of damage each round it is within 60 ft. of the Raven Lady, Will DC 19 half. Both saves are Charisma based.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-08-29, 09:41 PM
MitP Vote: Yes.

Eighth_Seraph
2006-08-29, 10:21 PM
Will DC half for Mirror Breaker? *whistle* Them's be some majorly screwed reflective people. I would make it will negates, but nauseated instead, or something of the sort. Maybe the Lady has to be aware of it and can use a glare attack to destroy it? Because merely being in her presence seems a little much to me, if the setting happens to be extraplanar-heavy.

Gralamin
2006-08-29, 10:22 PM
MitP Vote: Yes.

I'm starting to think you just see demented one and say "MitP Vote: Yes"

looks good though

Winged One
2006-08-30, 01:28 AM
I'm starting to think you just see demented one and say "MitP Vote: Yes"
Not quite yet. MitP vote: yes.

LordOfNarf
2006-08-30, 10:56 AM
MitP vote Yes

Leperflesh
2006-09-12, 05:58 PM
Nice. I like the description of motivation and twisted values.

MitP Vote: Yes

-Lep