PDA

View Full Version : Silverborn Whisperthief (PEACH)

Fax Celestis
2006-07-29, 12:49 AM
Silverborn Whisperthief
Usually LG Small Monstrous Humanoid (Dragonblood)
Init +10; Senses Darkvision 60', low-light vision; Listen +5, Spot +5
Languages Draconic, Common, Aquan, Dwarven, Elven
AC 22, touch 17, flat-footed 16
(+1 size, +6 Dex, +3 armor, +2 natural)
HP 33 (6 HD)
Immune cold, sleep, paralysis
Fort +3 Ref +11 Will +4
Weakness Vulnerability to fire
Speed 45' (9 squares), swim 20'
Melee +1 kukri +13/+8 (1d3+1, 15-20/x2 plus 1d4+1 cold)
Ranged +1 shortbow +13/+8 (1d4, x3 plus 1d4+1 cold)
Space 5'; Reach 5'
BAB +6; Grp +2
Atk Options Sneak attack +3d6, Combat Expertise, Improved Feint
Combat Gear Potion of invisibility, 60 arrows
Abilities Str 10 Dex 22 Con 12 Int 18 Wis 8 Cha 10
SQ Air Walk 1/day, Frost Touch
Feats Improved Initiative, Combat Expertise, Improved Feint, Weapon Finesse, Improved Critical (Kukri)
Skills Balance +12, Climb +16, Disable Device +10, Hide +19, Listen +5, Move Silently +15, Search +10, Spot +5
Advancement by character class; Favored Class spellthief
Possessions Combat Gear plus leather armor +1, kukri +1, and shortbow +1
CR 8

Frost Touch
<br>A whisperthief radaiates an aura of cold, enough that any creature damaging the whisperthief with a melee attack must make a DC 16 Reflex save or take 1 point of cold damage. In addition, a whisperthief deals an additional 1d4+1 points of cold damage with all attacks.

Silverborn whisperthieves are Bahamut's quickest and slyest spies and thieves. They take important relics from the followers of Tiamat and use them for their own ends.

Strategies and Tactics
Silverborn whisperthieves oftentimes attack in numbers, hoping to surround and flank their foes into oblivion.

Society
Silverborn whisperthieves communicate with each other mostly through extensive and unique hand signs, but can communicate with most sentient creatures due to their ready grasp of linguistics.

Treasure
Silverborn whisperthieves have double normal treasure for their CR, as they take what they like and use what they take.

Silverborn Whisperthieves with Class Levels
Most silverborn whisperthieves take levels in the spellthief class, as it compliments their natural talents and grants them a modicum of spellcasting power. A few go with the ranger or scout classes, but these are rare indeed.

Level Adjustment: +3

martyboy74
2006-07-29, 11:35 AM
So do the spell thief levels stack, like the other silverborn (with paladins) that you made?

Fax Celestis
2006-07-29, 12:02 PM
In this case, no, because the only Spellthief talents that these guys inherently posess are a high Dexterity score and +3d6 sneak attack. If they had spellthieving abilities (say, level 1 or level 2 spells), then yes they would.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-09-03, 04:03 PM
MitP Vote: Yes.

Leperflesh
2006-09-12, 05:08 PM
I have a couple of questions/comments:

-Why are they Monstrous humanoids? What race are they? If they are minions of Bahamut, it seems like they'd be either outsiders, or ordinary humanoids who have gained a template of some kind. Which makes me think this might work better as a template, actually. I don't know much about Bahamut though (Not a Core god. What expansion(s)/world(s) is he from?) Based on what you've provided, I guess I assume they are a unique race/monster. If so, you should describe their racial characteristics (appearance, origin, culture) somewhat. You have provided no physical description whatsoever.

-I think 60 arrows is too big and bulky for a stealthy person to haul around with them all the time. Actually, it's odd to specifiy this one item of mundane equipment, but not all the other mundane equipment a stealthy combatant spellthief type would carry? Must all Silverborn Whisperthieves use ordinary arrows/bows? (Maybe so, if that's the only way the bonus cold damage can be used with a missile weapon, but if so, you should specify that)

-Is the Frost Touch ability supernatural, or extraordinary, or spell-like? Since you list Cold damage with the ranged attack, this implies the Frost Touch works with ranged missile weapons. I think you need to clarify the rules for this.

-Con 12 gives a hit point bonus. Should put that in the HP stat line, per standard stat block formatting.

These guys seem like they may have promise, but I'll want more details before voting. Thanks FC!

-Lep