PDA

View Full Version : Hexblade//Favored Soul Gestalt build - need help

MustacheFart
2009-02-28, 01:51 AM
Hello all,

So, as some may be aware from my last topic, I was looking to make a fear-bombing character. Well, after having my first session playing the character, a few things have changed from what I expected/was told.

First, instead of a Vampiric Bloodline the DM decided to give me a Demonic Bloodline(major bloodline from UA). Also for my gestalt classes he gave me Favored soul and human paragon. That said, starting the game my character was as follows:

Human
Hexblade 5//3 Human Paragon/1 Favored Soul/1 Demonic Bloodline
Feats:
Power Attack(Bloodline)
Spell Focus[Enchantment](Hexblade level 5) - DM picked
Improved Initiative
Daunting Presence*
Ability Focus(Curse)
Mage Slayer(Bloodline)
Exotic Wep. Prof.[Fullblade](Flaw 1)**

*DM wouldn't wait the undead requirement for death master and eviscerator feats so I'm wondering now if there is even a reason to have Daunting Presence. DM seems to be leaning toward not letting me become undead in the future as well.

**DM stated we could have only one flaw and at this point I had no clue what to actually pick so I went for some flavor.

Things to note:

DM wouldn't let me take Dreadful Wrath - As I am not from FR's region. :smallfrown:

I have to pay the cost to retrain feats.

We will be fighting a lot of fiends and devils. The DM stated he plans to "finally use his Fiendish Codex book."

I will NOT be controlling how the gestalt levels progress. The DM is doing that himself for all characters. We just hit level 6 and he told me to put my next gestalt level in Demonic Bloodline since you have to take a 2nd level by 6th level to get the abilities of the bloodline.

Also the DM just told me during this last session that we will be typically facing creatures with HD easily exceeding our levels (we had actually just fought a 24HD mob). That means a lot of the fear effects I had planned to get won't work often, ie. Bloody Blade from Avenging Executioner.

=================================

Now I'm coming to you all on how I should progress this character. I was originally planning 5 Hexblade/5 Avenging Executioner/10 Ghost Faced Killer. I still really like the idea behind the build but I'm thinking going that route now would be shooting myself in the proverbial foot.

Any ideas? The DM did state that since I have a high charisma(18) he plans to start progressing Favored Soul most of the way. I've never played a Favored Soul but just from looking at them, the idea of flying around with bat wings tearing **** up does appeal to me.

I was thinking maybe bloodstorm blade? I dunno... I want to be as sick in combat as possible without being too cheesy. I basically want to be as brutal, gruesome, and malicious as possible without actually being "evil."

Specific things I need help with:

- Feats to choose, particularly at 6th level(what I'm at now)
- Classes/PrCs to go
- Gear to get

Thanks all who can help!

Vonriel
2009-02-28, 12:41 PM
- Classes/PrCs to go

I thought this particular question would be ruled out by this:

I will NOT be controlling how the gestalt levels progress. The DM is doing that himself for all characters. We just hit level 6 and he told me to put my next gestalt level in Demonic Bloodline since you have to take a 2nd level by 6th level to get the abilities of the bloodline.

May want to clarify that if you're looking for some help with this.

MustacheFart
2009-02-28, 04:37 PM
I thought this particular question would be ruled out by this:

May want to clarify that if you're looking for some help with this.

Ugh... I didn't think it was that unclear. Let me rephrase then.

I need help with classes/PrCs to take for my MAIN levels (main side not gestalt side if that helps).

I don't know if that's how gestalt normally works. I've never played one. Basically, I have my character and I level him how I want. At the same time the DM is adding gestalt levels (atm bloodline 2, Human Paragon 3, Favored Soul 1). Since Demon bloodline requires 3 levels and Human Paragon is a 3 level class, I imagine the rest will be going toward Favored Soul. The DM told me he is probably going to keep raising Favored soul since I have an 18 cha.

So, to restate:

I am looking for a good way to progress my character that is currently 5 Hexblade that will work well with the demon bloodline, human paragon, and particularly Favored Soul gestalt levels.

My feats taken so far and all that is listed above in my first post. I can retrain any feat as long as I can pay the cost.

Really looking forward to any help..

By the way, sorry if I sound bitchy but its just a little frustrating to see so many views of my topic and the only reply is one stating confusion.

Temp.
2009-02-28, 06:35 PM
By the way, sorry if I sound bitchy but its just a little frustrating to see so many views of my topic and the only reply is one stating confusion.

Well, you're playing in a heavily houseruled environment where your DM seems to be building most of the character for you. You're apparently gestalting with a class that doesn't exist; one which has a generic-enough title that I'm not sure which class, variant or PrC you mean.

See if you can replace that last Hexblade level with one of Unearthed Arcana's Paladin of Tyranny or Tome of Magic's Binder--Hexblade 5 does nothing for you. Spell Focus (Enchantment) is crap -- Hexblade Enchantments are rubbish and Mage Slayer is going to keep you at CL 0 until level 10 (if you keep advancing Hexblade casting. Which you probably shouldn't.) You'll probably want to retrain Ability Focus, too: using a feat to boost a fairly weak 2/day ability that you won't be advancing is a genuinely bad move.

If the fear-stacking route isn't going to work for you, you might look at other ways to debuff, if that's your schtick -- PHB2's Dark Companion Hexblade variant gets a free no-save -2 to pretty much anything enemies do, Binding Focalor will get you another untyped -2 and getting Aura of Despair from either Blackguard or Paladin of Tyranny will push the penalties 2 further.

It sounds like your DM is making your gestalt side worthless; if a Devoted Soul is a Favored Soul, you're going to be casting 5 levels behind the party Wizard, your CL is going to take a hit from Mage Slayer and Favored Souls have pathetic "spells known" lists. Also, if you want those bat wings, you'll be waiting well into Epic levels for 'em. (Assuming your DM wants you to take enough levels of the class to ever reach them.)

The one real asset you're gaining from Gestalt is that Bloodline. You're going to want to push that as much as you can to make up for an otherwise weak build. If you can manage Hexblade 4/Binder 4/Knight of the Sacred Seal 4 for instance, by level 12 you'll have an effective Binder level of 14 and be Binding two level 4 vestiges -- not too bad, considering.

And if you really want to make the most of that Bloodline, go into Crusader. Tome of Battle and Bloodlines can be outright abusive, but with a weak build trying to pass itself off as a plausible Gestalt character, it'll probably be fine.

h2doh
2009-02-28, 10:16 PM
did you show him your idea's before building your character? If he passed your character plan why is he not letting you become undead? can you find out what his plans are for your gesalt side are so that you can plan accordingly for your main side.... i mean, you have human paragon and a bloodline on one side but with no spell casting on that side to progress. gesalt normally does not let you advance spell casting on both sides for the same class.

there is one thing that is bothering me though, he is advancing your character according to his whims and not allowing you to make changes to the side that you controll after you find out new limitations to your character options. definately sit down with the dm and find out all of your limitations and to find out how to complement the side that the dm is running for you.

i have no idea how much this will help you, gl in getting it straightened out.

MustacheFart
2009-03-01, 12:42 AM
You're apparently gestalting with a class that doesn't exist; one which has a generic-enough title that I'm not sure which class, variant or PrC you mean.

Wow, this whole time I have been a huge freaking bonehead. Sorry for some reason Devoted Soul got stuck in my head when what I meant was Favored Soul. My gestalt casting class is Favored Soul.

If the fear-stacking route isn't going to work for you, you might look at other ways to debuff, if that's your schtick -- PHB2's Dark Companion Hexblade variant gets a free no-save -2 to pretty much anything enemies do, Binding Focalor will get you another untyped -2 and getting Aura of Despair from either Blackguard or Paladin of Tyranny will push the penalties 2 further.

Well, I assume the fear-stacking route is no longer going to work for me because the DM has stated that the majority of the encounters we'll be facing will be against creatures with HD surpassing my character level. In fact, he directly told me, aside from a few weak minions, all of the creatures will have HD > my character level.

It sounds like your DM is making your gestalt side worthless; if a Devoted Soul is a Favored Soul, you're going to be casting 5 levels behind the party Wizard, your CL is going to take a hit from Mage Slayer and Favored Souls have pathetic "spells known" lists. Also, if you want those bat wings, you'll be waiting well into Epic levels for 'em. (Assuming your DM wants you to take enough levels of the class to ever reach them.)

Yes, sorry I totally meant Favored Soul. Now I have a couple questions. Why would I be casting 5 levels behind a party wizard? Also Favored Souls have pathetic "spells known" lists? I read they use the clerics spell list.

The one real asset you're gaining from Gestalt is that Bloodline. You're going to want to push that as much as you can to make up for an otherwise weak build. If you can manage Hexblade 4/Binder 4/Knight of the Sacred Seal 4 for instance, by level 12 you'll have an effective Binder level of 14 and be Binding two level 4 vestiges -- not too bad, considering.

And if you really want to make the most of that Bloodline, go into Crusader. Tome of Battle and Bloodlines can be outright abusive, but with a weak build trying to pass itself off as a plausible Gestalt character, it'll probably be fine.

Why is the bloodline so great? I looked over it and it seems to give some nice bonuses but I didn't see anything on the Demon bloodline(major) that knocked my socks off.

===============

All that said, I guess giving more information about the campaign would probably help.

Here are the other players characters:

Half-Orc Cleric 5//Half-Orc Paragon 3(I'm pretty sure)/Storm Giant Bloodline 1/**1

**Not sure what she has here but she had the ability to rage last session which she did not have before I don't think

Human Fighter 5*//Human Paragon 3(once again I'm assuming)/Fey Bloodline 1/Archivist 1

*He is a spiked-chain fighter

Dwarf Fighter 5//Dwarf Paragon 3(assuming)/Gold Dragon Bloodline 1/**1

**Not sure here but something augmenting melee with no casting

Basically, this is my third character in this campaign since level 1. We just hit level 6. I've rerolled twice just because I'm having a hard time getting a good fit with his style of DMing and his campaign world.

My first character was a Halfling Ranger. My second was using the I May Be Tiny but You Are Dead build (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=633443) where you take advantage of Blade Bravo and shrink yourself in order to get massive dodge bonuses against anyone 2 size categories bigger than you, except that I was using a wild dwarf instead of a gnome (DM approved). Finally, I rerolled this character.

I've received a few remarks from the DM and one other player that I am always coming up with these heavily optimized cheesy builds.:annoyed: Of course all of the characters I have played under the DM were either precreated builds or ones I've gotten help with from you all. To be honest, I only played one cheesy character and that was a 1-shot(it was my fist blasting UA Swordsage).

I feel like I am being punished for wanting to play a character that doesn't suck:frown:.

All that said here is my predicament:

I utilized a 32-point buy for stats but to do so I have to be "pure." Basically, the DM created a rule where if you take more than one base class and/or PrC and don't finish them out you can only use a 28-point buy. Ex. Barbarian 10/Frenzied Berzerker 10 = 32-point buy but a Barbarian 2/Fighter 8/Frenzied Berzerker 10 = 28-point buy.

I can retrain Feats but I have to pay the cost.

Anyway to save my Hexblade 5//Human Paragon 3/Demon Bloodline 1/Favored Soul 1? Or, should I be recklessly running into battle head-on, if you catch my drift?

Honestly, I am tempted to reroll an ubercharger since I know enough about them that he couldn't really...mess...me up. I'd have to legitimately get my character killed though because just rerolling a 4th guy would totally cheese them all off. Getting my guy killed shouldn't be a problem as it already almost happened in last session.

Oh and to the person who asked if I let the DM know what I was planning, yes I did. I told him every step of the way. I told him how my guy would function in combat, what strategies he would use, what feats he would use, and even his personality. The DM okayed it all. This was before I showed up to the session to get my nice surprises.

Temp.
2009-03-01, 01:54 AM
Why would I be casting 5 levels behind a party wizard? Also Favored Souls have pathetic "spells known" lists? I read they use the clerics spell list.Favored Souls advance at the rate of Sorcerers, putting them one level behind Wizards. Then you lose four caster levels to the Paragon class and Bloodlines.

Why is the bloodline so great? I looked over it and it seems to give some nice bonuses but I didn't see anything on the Demon bloodline(major) that knocked my socks off.

Include the character's bloodline level when calculating any character ability based on his class levels (such as caster level for spellcasting characters, or save DCs for characters with special abilities whose DCs are based on class level).

If a character has levels in two or more classes in addition to his bloodline levels, each class gains the benefit of adding the bloodline levels when calculating abilities.

This means that right now (at level 5) you have an effective Hexblade level of 6. If you take a level in Crusader at level 6, you'll have an initiator level of 6 (as high as if you had single-classed Crusader from level 1):
[(5+2)/2] from your Hexblade/bloodline levels + [1+2] from your Crusader/bloodline levels.

But it looks like that wouldn't be fair game given the one-class rule...

Looking at Charisma-based combat classes...

You're going to qualify for CD's Divine Crusader by level 9. If the game's going to last into higher levels, it might be worth your time, depending on your diety. If you'll only be playing until level 10 or 12, not so much.
I suppose with some refluffing and with a touch of retraining (if you can on the Human Paragon side), OA's Iajitsu Master can deal absolutely absurd damage for high Charisma characters. It might not fit in, though.
Jade Phoenix Mage is the only way I can see of getting ToB into this. And it won't be so hot with Hexblade. And your DM sounds like the type to cut it for being a dual-advancement PrC in gestalt.
I guess Incandescent Champion (MoI) is an option. The only problem is that it's terrible.
Abjurant Champion (CM) can be alright for Hexblades, especially with Bloodlines -- giving full CL, alternate uses for spells and improving a couple of the spells they do have. Mage Slayer makes me reluctant to suggest it, though.
Vigilante (CAd) might be an option... some smiting, Charisma-based half-casting... it's more of a Rogue class, though.
Suel Arcanamach (CAr) would require some retraining, but gain Charisma-based casting from a better spell list, have class-level based Dispelling for what it's worth, and have automatic Extend applied to spells.

In this situation, the best options seem to me to be Arcanamach, straight Hexblade or some general melee class like Kensai. I don't really know what else there is...

MustacheFart
2009-03-01, 02:42 AM
Cool, thanks Temp. and everyone else!

Ya I don't know why the DM gave me mage slayer when he gave me a casting class and I already have casting(well some). Don't get me wrong its a badass feat (the whole chain is really) IF you are a pure melee guy. If he wanted me to be another melee guy, I would have liked a little foresight.

The DM stated he will be shooting for 1 level up per session and I expect the game to continue into the high levels.

Ya to be honest, I'm not happy about the whole situation.

Basically, the other players already had pretty solid builds they were working on and so when they got their "bonus powers" they augmented what they already had. I had a pretty solid build for my character worked out, that I planned to work on but when I got my "bonus powers," they didn't augment what I already had, they restricted it...effectively gimping my character.:smallfurious:

And to make it worse, when he handed me the sheet, I was told, "Ok here you go make any changes you want now because you won't be able to after. You've got about 10 minutes." Oh and by changes he just meant feats and skillpoints. Of course I should have dropped Mageslayer but I forgot about the -4 CL penalty and with the limited amount of time, I didn't get to look up every new feat he'd given me. Basically, it was a here's some crap now deal with it fast!! Hurry!! Hurry!! Times up!! move.

At least you think he'd let me use retraining without having to pay the cost but meh. I really hate the idea of rolling yet another guy or spending all that xp or whatever to retrain.

Oh well, enough whining.

One idea though, my stats currently are as follows:

str 14 + 2(DM added from Human Paragon) + 1(Bloodline) = 17
dex 12
con 13
int 10
wis 10
cha 17 + 1(lvl 4) = 18

Seeing as my str isn't terrible, what about retraining a couple feats, getting I believe it's Martial Stance and Martial Study, and then going Bloodstorm Blade? I was going to avoid ToB this time around since I annoyed with my UA swordsage but too bad lol. Would that be a decent idea? I mean, my hexblade casting is **** and I don't see my Favored Soul casting being any better. I could just use the limited casting I have to buff and augment my damage. Perhaps there's a spell or a way to add cha to attack and damage?

Also I have been looking everywhere but what's the deal on I believe it is embrace the dark chaos/shun the dark chaos? They're spells? I saw someone mention used scrolls of them to get free retraining. What book/s are they in?

Temp.
2009-03-01, 03:46 PM
Bloodstorm Blade's a pretty okay choice. It sounds like, beside the Cleric//Pally, your group is mostly straightclassed Fighters. So you shouldn't fall behind or anything.

I don't know what you mean when you say "pay the cost." The PHB2's retraining is the most common and is a decision you make each time you level up, free of any charge. I guess there's also Psychic Reformation and the Dark Chaos shuffle*, but those get pretty spendy. I'll take it that dropping your point buy now wouldn't be an option.

If you go Bloodstorm Blade, I would pick up Exotic Weapon Proficiency -- you can always switch it to the proper weapon for the situation and Spiked Chains are almost always worthwhile, especially with AoO-generating feats like Mage Slayer.

Or, if you just go straight Hexblade or into Abjurant Champion or something, Practiced Spellcaster is still an option.

*Embrace and Shun the Dark Chaos are 8th level spells on the Cleric and Wizard lists from the Fiendish Codex I. Embrace lets you swap any feat (including bonus feats from various class levels or races) out for an Abyssal Heritor feat, Shun lets you swap an Abyssal Heritor feat out for any real feat. It can get cheesy and it's not in a common splatbook, but there you have it. I think buying a Polymorph Any Object spell to permanently turn into a War Troll would be more widely accepted in most groups.

MustacheFart
2009-03-01, 05:39 PM
I don't know what you mean when you say "pay the cost." The PHB2's retraining is the most common and is a decision you make each time you level up, free of any charge. I guess there's also Psychic Reformation and the Dark Chaos shuffle*, but those get pretty spendy. I'll take it that dropping your point buy now wouldn't be an option.

Ya, the DM acted like there was a cost. Personally, I thought it was free as listed in the PHBII but at that point I was tired of it all and didn't want to second guess him.

As for my point buy, ya I think it's too late to drop it. I would have had to do that before we played last session but the 10-20 mins I was given wasn't much time lol.

If you go Bloodstorm Blade, I would pick up Exotic Weapon Proficiency -- you can always switch it to the proper weapon for the situation and Spiked Chains are almost always worthwhile, especially with AoO-generating feats like Mage Slayer.

I already have Exotic Weapon Proficiency(Fullblade). Remember I stated I took it, as my only flaw I was allowed to take, for some flavor since I didn't know what else to get.

I'm not sure how the DM would feel about 2 people in the party using spiked chains. Now of course I'd be using one just to get AoOs not lock down my opponents like the spiked chain fighter but still. Even if I didn't use a spiked chain and just used my fullblade, Bloodstorm Blade would still be good right? I mean attacking anyone at range with I believe its called Blade Storm(I'll look it up) sounds pretty sweet; especially, if I add in Mage slayer.

I have a couple questions though. First, I took the Dark Companion from PBII instead of my Hexblade Familiar. Is there anyway, perhaps a spell, to clone my spectral panther(dark companion)? Basically, a way to increase his effectiveness.

My other question is, if I go Bloodstorm blade would it be worth it to get the other 2 feats in the Mage Slayer line? This would jack my CL down even more but since my casting isn't that great I could just use buff spells. Of course some of them i think last /per caster level so I'm not really sure here.

*Embrace and Shun the Dark Chaos are 8th level spells on the Cleric and Wizard lists from the Fiendish Codex I. Embrace lets you swap any feat (including bonus feats from various class levels or races) out for an Abyssal Heritor feat, Shun lets you swap an Abyssal Heritor feat out for any real feat. It can get cheesy and it's not in a common splatbook, but there you have it. I think buying a Polymorph Any Object spell to permanently turn into a War Troll would be more widely accepted in most groups.

Ya, I'm not too sure how the DM would feel about that but I imagine he'd definitely think it's cheesy.

MustacheFart
2009-03-02, 06:17 AM
Ok, I'd still like answers to my above questions but I have a bigger one now.

Assume I can retrain any/all of the feats I listed in my first post. Also assume I am stuck with Hexblade 5//Demon Bloodline1/Human Paragon 3/Favored Soul 1 and can NOT do anything to my Gestalt side(\Bloodline, paragon, Favored soul). Also assume dips into other classes are out(dips into PrCs might be okay though) and that ToB is out. What would be a good build with all the above assumptions made?

Appreciate all the help guys (especially after my Devoted Soul fiasco)!

-MustacheFart

paigeoliver
2009-03-02, 10:52 PM
Hi Phil.

Not sure where you are getting a -4 to caster level for Mage Slayer feat. Assume it works as written in the mini's handbook, which is where I selected it out of, and it has no penalties at all there.

Also, I was NOT aiming to gimp your character. But you did show up with a whole group of feats that you didn't qualify for, and that was the real issue.

If you want to select something else before the next session I would be glad to work with you, but let's make sure it is done and ready to go before the next game. Knowing about it ASAP would be good since, I may or may not have already written in magical items to enhance your specific character. I can change it to enhance your next character instead, but often that requires changing the enemy who wields the equipment as well.

paigeoliver
2009-03-02, 10:54 PM
Oh and chaotic evil outsiders are gonna be the focus of the campaign, for sure and those dudes have a lot of hit dice. So you may not want to focus on abilities that you won't be able to use.

paigeoliver
2009-03-02, 10:58 PM
Also, if you want to charge then level 6 does happen to be the first decent level of the average flying lance charger build. I'd have no problem if you want to switch to something like that.

MustacheFart
2009-03-03, 07:58 AM
Really Mage Slayer doesn't lower CL in Mini's Handbook version? I only knew about the version of Mage Slayer in Unearthed Arcana: Mage Slayer (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Mage_Slayer,all).

Ya, I did have a couple unusable feats, but I didn't know we couldn't retrain or use regional feats.

I actually like my guy so, I didn't/don't want to change anything major. Plus I'm on my 5th guy (ranger to ranged fighter, back to ranger, to tiny giant slayer to barbarian, back to giant slayer, to finally this guy lol). I think I may switch out hexblade though for a couple reasons. One it's casting pretty much sucks (CL = 1/2 hexblade and I'll never have high spells with it anyway) and two what we're fighting will really make a fear build ineffective. If I recall many fiends and Chaotic Outsiders are immune to mind-affecting effects; therefore, essentially it is kinda pointless to take 6 levels just for a curse(though I do like the shadow panther and cha to saves :tongue:).

I'm really leaning towards this PrC: Bloodstorm Blade (http://gevearth.pbwiki.com/Bloodstorm+Blade). Look it over. It's not really that OP. At 10th they basically get a ranged Whirlwind with thrown weapons ONLY. Considering the thrown weapon with the greatest range, a javelin, has only 30 feet of range, it's not that over-powered. Technically you could throw a spiked chain with the class but I'm in no way in hell that cheesy lol.

paigeoliver
2009-03-03, 08:34 AM
A really easy change while essentially keeping the same basic character would be to change to fighter 4, sorc 2 then abjurant champion 5, then eldritch knight 9. With the Gestalt you would have full bab, and strong divine AND arcane casting.

Or you can do that Tome of Battle stuff if you want. I am not the biggest fan of it since I don't have the book and never even read through the stuff. Although as read that class doesn't seem to limit you to one range increment and even if it did you can bump a javelin's range increment up. Although I am not particularly worried about that.

Also, glancing at that class it seems to be damage based, which is fine. I don't mind you being optimal for damage now at higher levels now that everyone can do some (it isn't like that other build you had where everyone else would do 4 damage at 1st level and you would do 30).

If you do that then call him the same character please. As there weren't a zillion people hanging around that gestalt accident. And let me know soon so I can respec enemy equipment.

MustacheFart
2009-03-03, 07:49 PM
A really easy change while essentially keeping the same basic character would be to change to fighter 4, sorc 2 then abjurant champion 5, then eldritch knight 9. With the Gestalt you would have full bab, and strong divine AND arcane casting.

Ya I'm reading over that tonight. Would I need to change stats to 28-point buy? I can afford to drop a couple so its no big deal.

Or you can do that Tome of Battle stuff if you want. I am not the biggest fan of it since I don't have the book and never even read through the stuff. Although as read that class doesn't seem to limit you to one range increment and even if it did you can bump a javelin's range increment up. Although I am not particularly worried about that.
[/QUOTE/]

Well, I meant without taking ranged penalties. Hitting a high level guy 60' away might be difficult without some aid (magic, etc).

[QUOTE=paigeoliver;5845579]Also, glancing at that class it seems to be damage based, which is fine. I don't mind you being optimal for damage now at higher levels now that everyone can do some (it isn't like that other build you had where everyone else would do 4 damage at 1st level and you would do 30).

Hah, what guy was that? My Unarmed Swordsage launching his fists? To be fair that was 6th level wasn't it?

If you do that then call him the same character please. As there weren't a zillion people hanging around that gestalt accident. And let me know soon so I can respec enemy equipment.

Ya, I didn't want to make a whole new guy. I made him a human instead of one of my weird races so I could make him more well rounded and stick with him for the rest of the game.

I'm going to make up a build tonight and try to post it.