PDA

View Full Version : Sickening Grasp + Charnel Touch (D&D3.5)

JellyPooga
2009-02-28, 05:00 AM
Flicking through Complete Mage to find Feats for a Dread Necromancer/Pale Master I'm building, I came across the Reserve Feat "Sickening Grasp" and was puzzled by the wording of the text. It states that "any living creature you hit with a melee touch attack" suffers the effect of the Feat.

So does that mean that when I use my Charnel Touch ability, the subject (if living) automatically becomes Sickened?

Further, if I took the Improved Unarmed Strike Feat and made Charnel Touches with a punch to the face, does the target also become Sickened?

Zergrusheddie
2009-02-28, 05:46 AM
If the ability can be activated in the same round you can use Charnel Touch, I see no problem. However, a punch to the face is not a Melee Touch Attack. Otherwise you would have a problem touching people at all:

You: "Hi, I'm Steve!"
NPC: "I'm Tom! *Shakes your hand*
You: "What do you do for a liv-"
NPC: *Barfs all over You*

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2009-02-28, 05:50 AM
Supernatural abilities are standard actions unless otherwise noted, so you cannot normally use two or more in the same round or deliver them through normal attacks.

JellyPooga
2009-02-28, 06:16 AM
Supernatural abilities are standard actions unless otherwise noted, so you cannot normally use two or more in the same round or deliver them through normal attacks.

Ah yes, I missed the bit about Reserve Feats (and Charnel Touch for that matter) that states that they're Supernatural abilities. I just figured that they'd both count for Weaponlike status, like spells that require attack rolls do (an could thus be delivered with an unarmed strike...see Complete Arcane). As you say, though, as Su abilities they each require a standard action to use, so no-go...ah well, it was just a thought. I don't think it'll change the build at all, just how he uses his various abilities.