PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew crew

insecure
2009-02-28, 07:24 PM
You know those projects that seemingly start out pretty good, gets a lot of interest, and then suddenly dies without warning because only one man worked on it? You know those forum projects where the postcount doubles each hour, but still die because of disagreement between far too many posters?

Well, I think you know where I'm going now. What I'm thinking is: to make a "homebrew crew" (complete with theme song) of a few chosen people - probably self-chosen at first - who all contributes to the same project at once. Not only does this help against the above problems, but such things as writer's block and trips to foreign countries suddenly don't stop the whole thing as the others are still able to continue their 'brewing.

So, a select group of individuals sharing a taste for homebrew and a creative mind - is that impossible, or can it be done?

Vadin
2009-02-28, 07:32 PM
This can indeed be done, and has been done multiple times in the past with great success. What sort of project are you looking at doing, if you don't mind my asking?

insecure
2009-02-28, 07:37 PM
This can indeed be done, and has been done multiple times in the past with great success. What sort of project are you looking at doing, if you don't mind my asking?

What inspiration brings to one of us.:smallwink:

Also, I'm glad that it's possible at least.

Meek
2009-03-01, 12:45 AM
What system, if I might ask for future posters? I work pretty much exclusively with D&D 4e, and have done some work with Cthulhutech and World of Darkness, which means the chance is rather high you don't want me around.

Alteran
2009-03-01, 12:57 PM
We've got plenty of 4e and 3.X homebrewers around here, it's possible there could be a "crew" for each.

Llama231
2009-03-01, 02:15 PM
So, like the vote up a campaign setting crowd?