PDA

View Full Version : Synchonicity, schism, affinity field abuse?

Samb
2009-02-28, 11:32 PM
Is there some way to abuse the above 3 mentioned powers and gain infinite readied actions? And if so how? Since each time you use power points I don't see how it could truly be infinite.

Lycanthromancer
2009-02-28, 11:34 PM
Share the affinity field with your psicrystal, making sure they overlap, then manifest synchronicity.

And that's it.

Samb
2009-03-01, 12:56 AM
Could you be more detailed with that? Is there an infinite loop in there? So get my crystal to do syncronicity give me a readied action then what? Could I use the readied action on my crystal to do sync again and get 2 on my psion? Is there a way to get that one power point back to keep do this indefinatily?

Lamech
2009-03-01, 02:04 AM
Both you and the psicrystal have an affinity field effecting the other, so if something hits your psicrystal it is transfered to you and visa versa. So you manifest synchronity, and get a readied action. Synchronity is transfered from your affinity field to the crystal giving it an action. And then synchronity is trasfered to you giving you an extra action. Reapeat to infinity.

Jack_Simth
2009-03-01, 03:19 AM
Could you be more detailed with that? Is there an infinite loop in there? So get my crystal to do syncronicity give me a readied action then what? Could I use the readied action on my crystal to do sync again and get 2 on my psion? Is there a way to get that one power point back to keep do this indefinatily?
Per Affinity Field:
"Creatures in range are also subject to magical and psionic effects of 3rd level or lower. Creatures that have an affinity to you gain a saving throw against each new power transferred through the affinity field as if the power were manifested upon them normally. All magical and psionic effects transferred to subjects fade at the end of this power’s duration, although instantaneous effects remain. If you suddenly become immune to a particular effect or power, the effect or power to which you are immune cannot be transferred to creatures that have affinity to you."

You and your psicrystal both have Affinity Field running (you shared it). You manifest Synchronicity, and get the effect - a Readied action. Meanwhile, as your Psicrystal is in range of your Affinity field, the Synchronicity is shared, and affects your Psicrystal, too. As you are within range of your Psicrystal's Affinity Field, anything that affects your Psicrystal also affects you. So your Synchronicity affects you again, granting you another readied action. As your Psicrystal is within range of your Affinity field...

Infinite loop, instantly, for infinite readied actions. Want to walk around the world an arbitrary number of times in twelve seconds? Can-do.

Potentially, this also works with Bestow Power, for infinite Power Points, although your Psicrystal needs to have a power point pool and a manifester level for it to work.

Just, umm... make sure not to take any damage during the duration....

Samb
2009-03-01, 04:11 PM
Oh so the key is to have 2 affinity fields up? So anything under the overlapping fields will be infinite? Like if i used synchronicity to get 1 weeks worth of time, then read the sutra of tranquil thoughts with that one week time, would i get infinite xp and power points? Or not because the psicrystal technically doesn't gain xp or points?

Samb
2009-03-01, 09:01 PM
oh and one last question, would this work if another psion/wilder manifested affinity field?

Alleine
2009-03-01, 09:13 PM
Anything within the field that affects you and is allowed in the power's description will be infinite. Meaning any healing, damage, and psionic afects 3rd level or lower.

Syncronicity and affinity field used this way do NOT give you time. It gives you actions. Infinite actions, which all take place in the 6 second duration of the round you manifest syncronicity.
Affinity field still ends when its duration runs out.

And yes, if two people manifested affinity field it would also work. In fact, more powers such as bestow power would work in this case. They just need to be inside each others' affinity field.

Flickerdart
2009-03-02, 12:26 AM
So this guy can ready an action to outrun Chuck?

Douglas
2009-03-02, 12:52 AM
Yes, especially since errata has officially invalidated Chuck's Persistent Footsteps of the Divine.

Lycanthromancer
2009-03-02, 12:54 AM
By a factor of about 350,000 times. More, if he wants.

Flickerdart
2009-03-02, 12:58 AM
Yes, especially since errata has officially invalidated Chuck's Persistent Footsteps of the Divine.
Yes, but that's no fun.

Samb
2009-03-03, 11:52 AM
Ok then can you infinite time with affinity field and temporal acceleration? Then read a sutra of tranquial thoughts to gain infinite levels and power points? And wouldn't this bypass the requirements of any xp book on class and alignment?

Is there an errata on this? My DM just said that if two affinity fields overlap only one will take effect determined by ML.