PDA

View Full Version : Being human

charl
2009-03-01, 07:34 AM
So anyone else who's managed to catch this excellent British TV series? The first season finale came out on BBCs homepage yesterday (yes, free), and wow was it good. I'm really looking forward to season 2.

Dihan
2009-03-01, 07:36 AM
I really like Being Human, I'll be watching the finale soon. I checked last night on the site but I couldn't find it.

charl
2009-03-01, 07:38 AM
I think it was released sometime around midnight (British time that is). It was there this morning anyway so go there and check it out. ;)

Kaelaroth
2009-03-01, 08:07 AM
I love it. I really, really love it. And will be watching the finale when I should be, when it arrives on television, wi'' mah family. :smallbiggrin:

Ethrael
2009-03-01, 08:25 AM
@^ With your family? I watched it once and a sex scene came on just as my dad came in and asked me what I was watching.

Well anways, yep, as I mentioned, I've watched it once. I really liked it, and am planning on catching up with the rest of it. It's really a great show.

Kaelaroth
2009-03-01, 08:27 AM
@^ With your family? I watched it once and a sex scene came on just as my dad came in and asked me what I was watching.

Yes, with my brother, and perhaps my mother. The latter unphased by sex. I imagine she's seen it all before, or I wouldn't be here, eh?

Fredthefighter
2009-03-01, 08:46 AM
I saw this, I burst out laughing at the werewolf guy and the nurse. Simply because he did that just to get her to shut up.

bosssmiley
2009-03-01, 09:46 AM
Not a fan. Sorry, I just can't get past the bad writing, poor acting, and the barely-concealed agendas the show has. You can almost visualise the pitch being tweaked to tick all the boxes on the commissioning editors' checklist.

Ultraviolet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultraviolet_(TV_serial)) > Being Human

T-O-E
2009-03-01, 10:56 AM
I don't think the show's funny.

Dihan
2009-03-01, 06:53 PM
I find it funny in parts. Like Annie's Haunting 101 session with George was funny.

I've really enjoyed Annie's character growth throughout these six episodes, and the plot-hook for the next series is interesting.

I think they're going to be ghost hunters so Annie has something to worry about.

charl
2009-03-02, 12:25 AM
I find it funny in parts. Like Annie's Haunting 101 session with George was funny.

I've really enjoyed Annie's character growth throughout these six episodes, and the plot-hook for the next series is interesting.

I think they're going to be ghost hunters so Annie has something to worry about.

If there's something strange
in your neighbourhood
Who you gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS!

If there's something weird
and it don't look good
Who you gonna call?
GHOSTBUSTERS!

:smallbiggrin:

Coidzor
2009-03-02, 04:06 PM
What are these humans of which you speak?

Tamburlaine
2009-03-03, 10:53 AM
I really liked the show, against my expectations (BBC3 comedy-drama? Not usually brilliant.) but it's far from perfect. It reminded me quite a lot of World of Darkness, and I kinda really hope that the guy at the end of the finale was a Mage, because that would be so awesome, and also because of George saying the idea of a wizard is ridiculous and we know he's hardly an expert on the supernatural.

Hazkali
2009-03-03, 11:20 AM
It isn't perfect, but is still very good- much better than most of the swill on television. If I could fault it on any point it was probably two or three episodes too short (for some strange reason lots of British series only last six episodes, compared to the twenty-two of American series, when personally I think somewhere in the middle is best). The character development went a bit quickly, and in particular Mitchell's attitude towards turning people to save their lives seemed to flip flop about.

I am looking forward to Season 2, which hopefully will add just the right amount of polish.