PDA

View Full Version : Divine version of Eldritch Knight

Kobold-Bard
2009-03-01, 11:13 AM
Is there a Divine Casting equivelant to the Eldritch Knight? Meaning Full BAB and (near)full casting. (Excluding Paladins and Rangers)

Even better, is there a dual-casting class with good BAB as well? I know this would be overpowered, but since I'm asking something else anyway.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Flickerdart
2009-03-01, 11:19 AM
The cleric spell Divine Power is what you want. You don't need to multiclass.

PurinaDragonCho
2009-03-01, 11:55 AM
Fist of Raziel in BoED gives 9/10 casting and full BAB.

Fochlucan Lyrist (sp?) in Complete Adventurer has dual casting and full BAB, but it has wonky entry requirements.

Douglas
2009-03-01, 12:36 PM
wonky entry requirements.
That's certainly one way to put it. Minimum 10th character level, at least three different unrelated classes, two of them specific (Druid and Bard) and the third requiring at least a two level dip (unless there's an obscure class somewhere that gives evasion at level 1), and a long list of skills. It also has the peculiar distinction of having the only RAW way to negate all multiclassing XP penalties regardless of favored classes and relative levels in each class.

Lycanthromancer
2009-03-01, 12:42 PM
As was mentioned: divine power.

You might also want to consider the prestige ranger and the prestige paladin, both from UA (and the SRD).

Kobold-Bard
2009-03-01, 12:45 PM
The Fochlucan Lyrist is the 3.5 homage to the 1ED Bard. Needed an improbably high statted Fighter, who then multiclassed to Thief and Druid within certain level constraints before becoming a Bard. Also had to be a Human or a Half-Elf otherwise you couldn't multiclass.

Thanks for the input. It's appreciated.

Tempest Fennac
2009-03-01, 12:50 PM
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/UA:Prestigious_Character_Classes details the Prestigious Classes (I never saw the point in them if I'm honest due to how complicated they seem considering the overall mechanical benefits). I agree that Divine Metamagic and Divine Power is the best option, if it's allowed.

Keld Denar
2009-03-01, 12:53 PM
Ordained Champion has 3/5 casting, full BAB and a ton a smiteful abilities that effectively turn your Cleric into a Paladin+. Find it in Complete Champion (where else?).

Temp.
2009-03-01, 04:07 PM
There're also Knight of the Raven from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. (Because... y'know... who doesn't have that book?)

...And I guess the Adaption section of Abjurant Champion okays a divine version, for what it's worth. (And the Arcane Swordsage taught us to trust Adaption sections in terms of balance, right?)

Sanctified Mind from Lords of Madness has 6/6 BAB and 5/6 casting. It requires a PP pool, Iron Mind and BA +4 to enter, but its abilities are kinda decent (resistance to Mind effects, some Iliathid-fighting stuff and a Wisdom-based Smite).

From the books that see common play (Core+Completes+SpC+PHB2), I think the closest thing is the Hospitaler in Complete Divine. The downsides are 3 lost caster levels and Mounted Combat requirements.

But even though it's only 5 levels and loses 2 levels of spellcasting, Ordained Champion is pretty neat.

dspeyer
2009-03-01, 07:33 PM
Hospitaler and Sacred Fist from Complete Divine are 3/4 casting prestige versions of paladin and monk respectively. Yes, Sacred Fist is full BAB, which is basically an admission that monk should have been full BAB all along.

Darrin
2009-03-01, 11:04 PM
That's certainly one way to put it. Minimum 10th character level, at least three different unrelated classes, two of them specific (Druid and Bard) and the third requiring at least a two level dip (unless there's an obscure class somewhere that gives evasion at level 1), and a long list of skills.

Initiate of Draconic Mysteries offers Evasion with a first-level dip, but the requirements are a bit sub-optimal. The preferred method is Spelldancer, although binding the Impulse Boots soulmeld to your feet chakra is easier (Incarnate dip or Shape Soulmeld + Open Least Chakra feat), if you're willing to deal with dispellable evasion.

The best full BAB/full divine caster PrC is Windwalker from Faiths & Pantheons. Designed mostly for Rangers, FR-specific, but requirements aren't too onerous... BAB +5, Hide/Move Silently/Survival 5, Lightning Reflexes, Track, Weapon Focus: Greatsword, and fly for 1 hour.

Uin
2009-03-02, 06:32 AM
Ruby Knight Vindicator with 8/10 Casting and continued Devoted Spirit, Shadow Hand and Stone Dragon maneuvers. Also, burn turn attempts for smites and EXTRA ACTIONS.

Edit: Got the name wrong, no books at work alas.

Thurbane
2009-03-02, 09:32 PM
You might find some inspiration for PrCs here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5656783#post5656783). :smallwink: