PDA

View Full Version : Ruathar and Elf only PrC's (dnd 3.5)

JellyPooga
2009-03-01, 04:15 PM
There are a lot of Elf/Half-Elf only Prestige Classes out there, probably more so than any other Race specific classes. The Ruathar Prestige Class gives a character Elven traits and marks them as an 'Elf-Friend' for life. It does not, however, allow them to qualify for Elven only PrCs or abilities like the Stoneblessed PrC does for Dwarf/Gnome/Goliath only PrCs.

I was wondering about peoples opinions on allowing a 3rd level Ruathar to qualify for "Elf only" feats ad PrC's in a similar manner to Stoneblessed. Would you allow it? Is it balanced? Any other opinions?

Cheers,

JP

elonin
2009-03-01, 04:18 PM
I'd probibly allow it, since there is only CoL is the only prc that is generally worth it for most players (others are too situational).

Albonor
2009-03-01, 04:22 PM
CoL? Please explain? By the way, isn't Champion of Correlon kinda good for an elven fighter?

elonin
2009-03-01, 04:26 PM
That's the one I meant. Alot of finesse types take that for dex to damage.

Eldariel
2009-03-01, 04:30 PM
That's what he's saying; CoCL is the only decent Elf-only PRC (Eternal Blade is much better, but screwed by medium BAB from Ruathar so it's ok).

And while Ruathar kicks Stoneblessed's ass every day of the week powerwise (there's the juicy "full casting advancement" which means that caster tends to get a boost from the class), thematically Ruathar works fine as such as class for Elves and as long as allowing higher powered PrCs for casters (Dweomerkeeper, Incantatrix, et cetera), you're still making a tradeoff. In such a case it'd be ok, otherwise I'd make Ruathar qualification cost you a CL on level 1.

That said, yea, it would make sense.