PDA

View Full Version : Legacy weapons needed!

Eighth_Seraph
2006-09-03, 10:27 PM
Now, as some of you may have heard by now, I'm in the process of making my first homebrew world, Pseudelity, and have been asking around for design notes. If you want to see the full story, check the dead-and-buried 'Any tips for a new DM' thread on page five or so. Now I could use some help from you creative-type folks out there in the form of a legacy weapon for each of the eight PC characters in the campaign to find. The characters are likely to find these weapons while in the level 11-15 range, which is good for standard legacy weapons. Also, the weapons are meant to be found in the sealed rooms built by the seven psions mentioned in the other thread, and I would like the weapons themselves to reflect that to an extent. Characters are yet to be named, so here's what I can give you in a nutshell:

-Tall, strong viking-esque suntouched barbarian. She's the daughter of her tribe's chief and is known for her immense skill with a greatsword, as well as her spell-like ability to sorround it in flames.
Preferences: a greatsword, some relation to fire and the application of fire.

-Intelligent, deceptive and partially insane nighttouched gnome wizard. The descendant of the nighttouched, he once aspired to set the Great Shadow free, but now must aid in its resealing.
Preferences: Any weapon that a wizard can use, maybe even a wand or staff. Some allusion to shadow or subtlety, hopefully of some use to the average wizard.

-Charismatic, determined and as yet inexperienced suntouched human sorcerer. A chosen one of the Sun, he is not entirely certain what his great destiny is. He puts emphasis on the use of light and the destruction of evil.
Preferences: Any weapon of use to a sorcerer. Something that will reflect the Sun's power in the sorcerer's hands.

-Friendly, fun-loving moontouched mountain gnome bard.
A lover of music, food and friends, she enjoys nothing more than sitting on a lonely cliff with her flute, gazing up at the moon.
Preferences: Does not even need to be a weapon (maybe a legacy instrument?). Something that will emphasise freedom from stuffy rules and the use of music as liberation.

-Good natured, but determined iceman Sun cleric. She's a healer as well as a famed seal hunter among her people , known for her incredible skill with the halberd. She loves to spread good will and to encourage people to stay true to their word and remain honest in all their dealings.
Preferences: A halberd, with definite powers of good and/or healing. Some anti-undead abilities.

-Serious, battle-hardened suntouched iceman fighter. A renowned warrior and hunter, caring little for anything outside of battle. Known for resilience
Preferences: Difficult to say the weapon, as I don't know what he'll specialize into, but It'll likely be a big two-handed weapon. Battle-ready powers, a balance between offense and defense.

-Honorable, sometiimes grave suntouched Forest Gnome Ranger. She puts major emphasis on ranged weapons, especially small longbows, and uses that position to use her divine spells to support the party as possible. Despises undead and evil aberrations above all else.
Preferences: mighty composite shortbow or mighty composite small longbow. Powers related to the honor of the bearer and meant to allow balance between shooting and support magic.

-Clever, good-natured moontouched Forest Gnome rogue. He does not use his rogue abilities for wrongdoing, but to protect his forests undetected, scouting out potential threats as they enterred. He has a strong sense of right and wrong, but does not show it as evidently as the above ranger, a childhood friend.
Preferences: some form of dagger or shortsword that will help the rogue's skillmonkey role and the use of stealth.

That's basically it. I realize that this is alot to ask for, what with legacy weapons' usual fluff content; but realize that the weapons' background will extend only to the psions who created them, and that they will naturally be useful to the PC's. Also, if you future designers can't make all my weapons here, the rules for making legacy weapons would be very much appreciated so I can try to make my own; though I know my creativity will be taxed to make them. I don't plan to have the characters at this point in the story until about three weeks from now, so no rush.

Gralamin
2006-09-04, 12:04 AM
over the last little while I created these items
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11570823 03
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11570555 70
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11570479 27
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11569561 50

If non of these work I might help tommorow or something.

Eighth_Seraph
2006-09-04, 11:34 AM
The Snow Slasher and Sacred Wind Halo would work well, though I may have to change some of the fluff to fit Pseudelity's history, of course. The table showing the Snow slasher's drawbacks and level progression appears to have been moved or deleted, by the way.

The snow slasher will work perfectly for the Iceman fighter, and I like the idea for the Halo, though its powers really don't fit any of the characters. Maybe you could help me think of a few legacy powers that'll help in healing, and it'll be perfect for the bard. That'll cut down my workload a good bit. Now it looks like it's gonna take some time to make the others. If anyone plans to help me in this respect, let me know before I start pulling my hair out attempting to make my own legacy weapons. Remember, it doesn't necessarily have to be a weapon, if you're inspired to make legacy boots that'll fit one of the above characters, by all means do so.

The Demented One
2006-09-04, 01:02 PM
Here is Teluos (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11573893 06;start=0#0), a legacy flute for your Moontouched Gnome Bard. I've left the history and rituals blank for you to fill in. Good luck!

Gralamin
2006-09-04, 02:39 PM
I'll help sure, I just need inspiration. The Newest form of snowslasher (which may be too powerful) is in an ooc pbp forum here: http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=play_ooc;action=display;num=11570579 16;start=0#1

edit: And I'm having a brain fart. I'll be back in a few hous.

Eighth_Seraph
2006-09-04, 04:13 PM
*astounded whistle* yeah, that is some powerful stuff on the new slasher, what with the caster level 20 and all. If it turns out being too much, it'll be easy to tone down the caster level. Either way, it fits the designated wielder perfectly, so nothing wrong there; thanks Gralamin

Gralamin
2006-09-04, 05:31 PM
I've got an idea for the sorcerer *starts going through books*

Eighth_Seraph
2006-09-04, 05:55 PM
I'll take that as a cue

*Dramatic music followed by drumroll*

Gralamin
2006-09-04, 06:10 PM
(umm Do you have PHB 2? I'm going to be using a spell from it)

Eighth_Seraph
2006-09-04, 06:27 PM
No, I'm working off of 3.0 core books and can borrow 3.5 if worst comes to worst.

Gralamin
2006-09-04, 06:27 PM
Okay the spells called Detonate I'll PM you the Details

edit: http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11574098 79;start=0#0

Eighth_Seraph
2006-09-04, 07:32 PM
I love it! Wasn't expecting a necklace by any means, but it works very well for the arcane blaster that the sorcerer is so obviously going to be. Lots of flashiness in its power; great work, Gralamin. I assume detonate is once per day, but if it's not, you may want to specify that. Seems very powerful, even for a legacy weapon, if used by an arcane blaster for arcane blasting purposes.

The Demented One
2006-09-04, 07:41 PM
I'm working on one for the shadow guy.

Eighth_Seraph
2006-09-04, 07:55 PM
I assume you mean the wizard. The rogue may be stealthy, but he is a moontouched, not a nighttouched.

Gralamin
2006-09-04, 08:52 PM
I love it! Wasn't expecting a necklace by any means, but it works very well for the arcane blaster that the sorcerer is so obviously going to be. Lots of flashiness in its power; great work, Gralamin. I assume detonate is once per day, but if it's not, you may want to specify that. Seems very powerful, even for a legacy weapon, if used by an arcane blaster for arcane blasting purposes.

Well Blasting is subpar to effects, and this is a sorcerer. Also he cannot take a prestige class without LOSING level 9 spells (unless the class has full caster progression)

Eighth_Seraph
2006-09-04, 08:56 PM
Fair enough. We'll see if the player can manage to use this weapon to its full effect.

The Demented One
2006-09-04, 09:01 PM
The Penumbra (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11574180 58;start=0#0), cloak of legacy for the shadow mage on the go!

Eighth_Seraph
2006-09-04, 09:26 PM
Wow, this is progressing a lot more quickly than I could have ever expected. Looks like making the fluff is the majority of the work put into these weapons. Heh, more fun for me that way ;D. Another great piece of work, D1, and the distinct flavor and use of these items is actually helping me to shape the psions who created and/or previously owned them. I'm currently painting on the finishing touches for the earlier sessions, so bear with me as I try to construct appropriate fluff worthy of being used for these items.

The Demented One
2006-09-10, 08:06 PM
Think I'll do one for the Gnome Rogue now.

Eighth_Seraph
2006-09-10, 08:07 PM
W00t! Remember that Forest gnomes are essentially slightly taller halflings in Pseudelity, so there's a severe lack of insanity in contrast to traditional D&D gnomes.

EDIT: The Penumbra now has a history and rituals. Teluos and Sun Scorcher pending

Fax Celestis
2006-09-10, 08:15 PM
Not-quite-Legacy Armor (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11562203 90). Potentially for the Barbarian, but the Cleric may enjoy it too.

Eighth_Seraph
2006-09-10, 09:26 PM
Not trying to be rude, Fax, but the armor wouldn't work too well for any of the characters, as the point isn't to give them something to make them more powerful, but to give them something which connects them to the psions who helped seal the shadow. It's all explained in the 'Any tips for a new DM' thread. Threadomancy, anyone?

Fax Celestis
2006-09-10, 09:48 PM
Not trying to be rude, Fax, but the armor wouldn't work too well for any of the characters, as the point isn't to give them something to make them more powerful, but to give them something which connects them to the psions who helped seal the shadow. It's all explained in the 'Any tips for a new DM' thread. Threadomancy, anyone?
//shrug

Just offerin'.