PDA

View Full Version : [2E]Identify this module?

Muz
2009-03-03, 02:19 PM
I played a particular 2nd edition module with a group about 10 years ago, and I'm trying to figure out just what it WAS so I can track it down. Does this ring any bells?

-Started with the utter destruction of a city. (Or maybe the city was just enclosed in an impenetrable dome? For some reason I'm recalling a dome.)
-There was an NPC imp that seemed to serve as an exposition fountain (though that may have been an invention of the DM)
-The party traveled on a ship that was actually a mobile demi-plane that sailed through the lower planes
-There were manes, a goristro, and a marilith.
-I can't be sure how it ends, as our group stopped playing midway through due to the DM moving to Deleware. (*sniffs* My poor paladin remains forever trapped on a ledge in that ship after heroically grabbing onto some demonic flying creature and riding it back to its nest...) :smallsmile:

It may have been a Planescape-specific module, but I honestly don't remember. (Safe bet, though, given that my paladin was an aasimar, and the whole demi-plane dealie.)

Any ideas? :smallsmile:

hamlet
2009-03-03, 02:33 PM
Sounds vaguely like the Planescape module "In the Abyss."

Utterly forgettable module, really.

"Eternal Boundary" and "Faction War" were immeasurably better.

TricksyAndFalse
2009-03-03, 03:12 PM
Could you be remembering multiple modules? The dome portion sounds like the Tantras module from the Forgotten Realms Time of Troubles trilogy of modules (The Time of Troubles modules were meant to be a transition between first and second editions. Tantras was the second in the trilogy). None of the rest of what you described sound familiar from that module though.

Tantras might have merely been the plothook to get you onto the planar ship, or there may have been multiple 2E modules featuring cities covered by impenetrable domes.

Editted to add:

If you get the chance, I do not recommend picking up any of the Time of Troubles modules. I remember them as very rail-roady, and full of watch-the-NPCs-do-the-important-stuff moments.

Fostire
2009-03-03, 03:21 PM
The planar ship thing sounds a lot like spelljammer, I have no idea what module it could be though.