PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Best Bladeling Ever

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-03, 08:03 PM
I've been toying with the idea of playing a bladeling, but I'm not certain what kind of class setup I should go with.

Basically, I want to take advantage of everything the bladeling has to offer. It's +2 DEX and WIS, it's +2 Intimidate, and most importantly, the Razor Storm power.

What'd be a good leveling plan for a bladeling? The only feat I know I want to take is Improved Razor Storm?

I'm assuming it'd be best to have DEX be what Razor Storm's attack is based on, since that's what it's damage is based on, and bladelings get a DEX boost.

So, what would be the level-by-level plan for the best bladeling ever?

Shades of Gray
2009-03-03, 08:23 PM
Well, I believe that with those stats, that bladelings make good Rangers, or Spear or Polearm Fighters.

I do not have MotP, or know what those abilties are, but off the top of my head, those are good classes.

RTGoodman
2009-03-03, 08:25 PM
How about a Bladeling Rogue who focuses on Rattling powers and Intimidation? If not that, an Archery Ranger could work, and you could multiclass to Rogue to pick up some melee and Rattling powers. I don't know about level-by-level, though. I'll have to take a look at some stuff first.

EDIT: Ooh, or, alternatively, what about a Bladeling Primal Druid? They rely on Wisdom and Dexterity mainly, so that could work, and your Blade Storm could work out as a close control power. It wouldn't be QUITE as much damage (since it'd rely on your secondary rather than primary stat), but it still wouldn't be too bad.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-03, 08:49 PM
How about a Bladeling Rogue who focuses on Rattling powers and Intimidation? If not that, an Archery Ranger could work, and you could multiclass to Rogue to pick up some melee and Rattling powers. I don't know about level-by-level, though. I'll have to take a look at some stuff first.

EDIT: Ooh, or, alternatively, what about a Bladeling Primal Druid? They rely on Wisdom and Dexterity mainly, so that could work, and your Blade Storm could work out as a close control power. It wouldn't be QUITE as much damage (since it'd rely on your secondary rather than primary stat), but it still wouldn't be too bad.
Rattling powers? That's in Martial Power, right? Do you need a mace for those?

Druids aren't out yet, and I was thinking of something a tad more urbane than the primal classes anyhow.

RTGoodman
2009-03-03, 10:28 PM
Yep, Rattling is in Martial Power, in both the Rogue and Fighter sections. With it, if you're trained in Intimidate and deal damage with the Rattling power, the target takes a -2 penalty on attacks until the end of your next turn. You don't have to use a specific weapon or anything.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-04, 12:43 AM
I've recieved the following reccomendation, and I find it intriguing.

Tempest Fighter/Ranger/Pit Fighter/Demigod with Marked Scourge. Base your Razor Storm on Str.

Str 16
Dex 15
Con 14
Int 8
Wis 16
Cha 10

Use a 2-bladed sword and raise Str and Wis alone. Your Dex gives you Rain of Blows at 3 and auto-raises to qualify you for Heavy Blade Mastery at epic.

At-will: Dual Strike, Footwork Lure (or whatever you like instead)

Feats: Obvious.

(you can skip a multiclass or go with something else besides Ranger, but I like it for the Perception and access to Cheetah's Rake and Master of the Hunt)

Unfortunately, the feats are NOT obvious, at least to me, and I have no idea what other powers I'd select.

1of3
2009-03-04, 04:57 AM
Footwork Lure is certainly good. If you do not like Tempest Style, you can go with a reach weapon like a glaive.

Take some more pulling powers (especially Come And Get It) to set enemies up for your racial power and even more close bursts (Rain of Steel, Thicket of Blades).

You can improve on that strategy, if your allies learn acid bursts. Those won't really hurt you because of your resistance. (Artificers have a nice acid wall on level one for example.)

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-04, 09:02 AM
No worries, I think Tempest is pretty damn cool!