PDA

View Full Version : [Item] Elemental Scrolls (more like, poems)

Nazzo, the 102nd
2006-09-08, 08:22 PM
I was wandering in this forum and thought to share this with you guys.

It's not like magical scrolls (in my adventure they are, yes) and it's a little bit clichéd. But I wrote those poems and found them cool. :D

Well, my players think there are 4 scrolls (Scroll of Snow, Scroll of Stone, Scroll of Lava and Scroll of Wind), each corresponding to one element and one season. But little they know about the fifth scroll, named "Scroll of the Sea".

As I said, I wrote them in the form of little poems. Here they are.

The Scroll of Snow

One can hold
this scroll of power
and possess the strength
of the winter flower,

For its name is set
to unleash the cold,
and the secrets of balance
shall be unfold.

If the enemy dares
to break the snow,
his spirit will flee
from the very timeflow.

The Scroll of Stone

One can hold
this scroll of power
and follow the way
down the spring tower,

for it holds still
as foundations of earth,
releasing the spell
to freedom give birth.

As the enemy cast
away from the hills,
he shall trick his mind,
and himself, he kills.

The Scroll of Wind

One can hold
this scroll of power
and access the flow
of the autumn hour,

for its spell will fly
in the speed of air,
bringing justice
to this evil lair.

When the enemy takes
her face outta the wind,
she'll sleep at once,
and her soul'll be pinned.

The Scroll of Lava

One can hold
this scroll of power
and behold the strength
of the summer flower,

for it casts itself
as a golden fire,
melting the coldness
of a heart's desire.

Shall the enemy arise
and the evil returns,
to the ashes of time
his very soul burns.

And the all unknown...

The Scroll of The Sea

He who holds
this scroll of power
will visit at last
the northern sea tower.

Fulfilling its magic,
it revolves the water,
and strips the power
off the devil's daughter.

This time is for joy
to pass over nightfall,
for the enemy is banned
once and for all!

Hope you guys like it.

Eighth_Seraph
2006-09-08, 08:58 PM
Couldn't think of too many things that rhymed with 'power', huh? 'cause you used 'flower' and 'tower' each twice. In other news, this is good flavor for a campaign, to actually make actual magical scrolls that actually SAY something! As for the poetry, well, no accounting for taste, but let's just say that as game flavor it works very well, but not something I'd buy on a tablet and hang on my front door. I tried to find a more subtle way to say it, but then decided I'd be lying. It's something cool in a game situation, especially since the words seem to reflect the use or effects of the scrolls themselves; good stuff. These scrolls+shugenja=a very interesting possible ultimate weapon, though not sure how well 'Sea' would go as a lost elements, especially with Water already being one.

Nazzo, the 102nd
2006-09-09, 05:07 PM
Couldn't think of too many things that rhymed with 'power', huh? 'cause you used 'flower' and 'tower' each twice.
Heh, indeed. But being a non-native English speaker, don't you think I did pretty well? :D

In other news, this is good flavor for a campaign, to actually make actual magical scrolls that actually SAY something! As for the poetry, well, no accounting for taste, but let's just say that as game flavor it works very well, but not something I'd buy on a tablet and hang on my front door. I tried to find a more subtle way to say it, but then decided I'd be lying.
No problem. That's the exact reason for posting the poems here -- you can have them for free. hehehe

It's something cool in a game situation, especially since the words seem to reflect the use or effects of the scrolls themselves; good stuff.

You're right, they do reflect some things that go into my adventure. But one can say that they are just poems, and use them as key magic items for a campaign.

These scrolls+shugenja=a very interesting possible ultimate weapon, though not sure how well 'Sea' would go as a lost elements, especially with Water already being one.

Yes, this one is a special one. Since I am DMing another adventure which happen to be the prelude to this one, there is background on the two water scrolls. One is bad, made by the water elemental source, and the other is the redemption scroll, made by the other three (the water always claimed to be the most powerful element of the others in my world).

Hope you're not confused. :D