PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Weaponlike spells and bonus damage

goram.browncoat
2009-03-04, 07:20 AM
Weaponlike spells can recieve bonus damage from critical hits and sneak attacks.

My question though, does this also extend to other forms of bonus damage? Such as for example extra flanking damage from marshall auras or white raven stances. Or extra damage from the knowledge devotion feat.

To me it seems like it should but RAW it doesnt.

Fixer
2009-03-04, 08:03 AM
Weaponlike spells can recieve bonus damage from critical hits and sneak attacks.

My question though, does this also extend to other forms of bonus damage? Such as for example extra flanking damage from marshall auras or white raven stances. Or extra damage from the knowledge devotion feat.

To me it seems like it should but RAW it doesnt.
Well, reading over the Marshal auras, several do help. The White Raven maneuvers & stances should help IF you can meet their conditions with a spell (you cannot charge with a ranged touch attack, for example).

I have no clue about the knowledge devotion feat, never heard of it.

Curmudgeon
2009-03-04, 03:10 PM
Knowledge Devotion provides constant bonuses to attacks and damage. The bonuses apply in all circumstances when attacking the appropriate creature category, including with weaponlike spells, and the damage is multiplied on critical hits.