PDA

View Full Version : Star wars SAGA

Edwin
2009-03-04, 10:43 AM
So, I bought the Star Wars SAGA edition core rulebook yesterday. And, in reading it, my initial reaction was thus; Holy cow, orgasm!

There's something about the system, the options, everything, I just love it!

One thing I can't find, for some reason, is the Wealth by level guidelines. If there is such a thing, what page is it on?

Also, I tried looking for players, and a DM, for a game of SAGA on the player recruitment forum, but it did'nt really pay off really well.
So, anyone reading this up for it?

Mushroom Ninja
2009-03-04, 11:00 AM
So, I bought the Star Wars SAGA edition core rulebook yesterday. And, in reading it, my initial reaction was thus; Holy cow, orgasm!

There's something about the system, the options, everything, I just love it!

One thing I can't find, for some reason, is the Wealth by level guidelines. If there is such a thing, what page is it on?

Also, I tried looking for players, and a DM, for a game of SAGA on the player recruitment forum, but it did'nt really pay off really well.
So, anyone reading this up for it?

Yeah, Saga is pretty epic. Unfortunatly, I've only ever GMed Saga (except for a PbP game that I played in which broke after a few weeks). WBL is a problem. IIRC, there is no official WBL table.

Waspinator
2009-03-04, 11:13 AM
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1079943

Uin
2009-03-04, 11:22 AM
I do not recommend this for WBL, but for starting at higher levels I give PCs:

(lvl+[lvl-1])*1000

Which is probably what that link goes to incidently.

Edwin
2009-03-04, 11:25 AM
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1079943

Thanks, that helped. :smallsmile:

Still, anyone up for playing it? I don't care if it's a bouty-hunter, jedi or whatever-kind-of-game. I just want to try out this damned awesome system!

Kiero
2009-03-05, 05:18 AM
It's a good game, well-designed for the job, and better than any previous licensed system (yes, including WEG/D6).

We played about six sessions using it before we switched to a simpler system (FATE/SotC), because it's still D20 at the end of the day, and the volume of rules-lookups we had to do to keep moving was untenable.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-03-05, 09:52 PM
Still, anyone up for playing it? I don't care if it's a bouty-hunter, jedi or whatever-kind-of-game. I just want to try out this damned awesome system!

To quote Belkar, "Can I say "Yes" strongly enough?"

mr.fizzypop
2009-03-05, 10:02 PM
I agree it's awesome, but it's hard to find people who are enough of a fan of Star Wars, to play

Mobey_Wee
2009-03-05, 10:37 PM
@edwin: seems your thread has pulled a few people in. myself included :smallbiggrin: