PDA

View Full Version : WildShape

Cowboy_ninja
2009-03-04, 08:25 PM
I'm building the Master of Many Forms using the Ranger's Unearthed Arcana Variant with a dash of nature's warrior.

on that subject:

(1)is there a way to get the supernatural, or spell like abilities of the forms i have access to?

I only found "assume supernatural ability" and it is very limited. If I'm not mistaken I only choose one SU Ability & I can only use it in that one form. (right? please tell me I'm mistaken!)

(2) I know I once read something that went into great detail about Wildshape. Beyond what the PHB has, but know I can't find it. Does anyone know where it is?

thanks all!

gabado
2009-03-11, 12:59 AM
Isn't there a master of many forms already? in like the compleat adventurer or something? As for the polymorph stuff, look in the phb2 they have allot of expanded rules and that might be one of them.

Pie Guy
2009-03-11, 07:37 PM
Isn't there a master of many forms already? in like the compleat adventurer or something? As for the polymorph stuff, look in the phb2 they have allot of expanded rules and that might be one of them.

Yes that is the MMF he is talking about. This really shouldn't go in homebrew.

BlueWizard
2009-03-12, 01:31 AM
'Yeech! On anything that makes more powerful shifter forms." says this DM.
The above mentioned prestige class has wreaked havoc in my world. Use it, if you're a power-gamer. Use it with CAVE TROLL and you'll be unstoppable. Seriously. I'll never let a PC shift to that again. It's rend power was sickening.

Nate the Snake
2009-03-13, 02:36 AM
(1)is there a way to get the supernatural, or spell like abilities of the forms i have access to?

My solution is to dip one level of psion or psychic warrior, taking Practiced Manifester (CPsi) as your bonus feat, then take Metamorphic Transfer (XPH, SRD). Unlike with Assume Supernatural Ability, you choose which supernatural ability you gain when you change forms, but you can only use any one ability three times per day, regardless of how many times you take that form.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#metamorphicTransfer